Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

About the webmoney purchase to put onto the JP SE account. Where do you purchase your webmoney safely? It is scary thinking about it, I found play-asia.com and they use paypal but is it safe?

Hey i played dragon quest X without problems to the orge city than i put the graphic settings up then i restart the game and get an error from my grapfic card i just see the error 2-4 sec and see the name from my grafpiccard but now the error message come never agine -.-! https://imgur.com/a/IdbXs i got the error agine   https://picload.org/view/dgripoaa/unbenannt.png.html

Edited by Passkill

I logged in to DQX for the first time in ages (mainly because I received an e-mail that told me they might take my house if I don't return in time). In the magic labyrinth someone dropped something into the fountain and Terry, a Hacksaurus and a Goodybag appeared before the boss fight. I had no idea what to do, so I just answered "Yes" to Terry's question but I don't think anything happened. Can someone explain to me what Terry is there for? ^^

Edited by bjaxx87

I logged in to DQX for the first time in ages (mainly because I received an e-mail that told me they might take my house if I don't return in time). In the magic labyrinth someone dropped something into the fountain and Terry, a Hacksaurus and a Goodybag appeared before the boss fight. I had no idea what to do, so I just answered "Yes" to Terry's question but I don't think anything happened. Can someone explain to me what Terry is there for? ^^

It's a random encounter in the dungeon. Terry will take a coin and fight the boss for you. When you encounter him again, you will get the accessory fragment/accessory(rarer) and a refining stone. So you should give him a coin for a boss you have trouble fighting.

• Upvote 1

Q: I found this aspiring actress in Glen Castle Town - https://imgur.com/Hpalc4S.jpg-  and she seems to want to have me do a "sorrow" gesture.  I have tried every gesture on the list, both with and without text, and nothing seems to work.  What am I doing wrong?

Edited by merph518

Q2: I found this aspiring actress in Glen Castle Town - https://imgur.com/Hpalc4S.jpg-  and she seems to want to have me do a "sorrow" gesture.  I have tried every gesture on the list, both with and without text, and nothing seems to work.  What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure what sorrow is... is it æ³£ã?

but here is the full list of gestures as of now.

http://dragon-quest.jp/ten/other/emo.php

If it says æœ€åˆã‹ã‚‰ that means you'll have it from the beginning otherwise you'll have to buy/clear quests/join a team with some levels etc....

Edited by Yawara

Ah, maybe it's an emote I don't have yet, then.  I tried everything I had... so that seems likely.  Thanks.

Edited by merph518

Q1.  I've got a USB Keyboard hooked up to my Switch, but when I type it automatically changes certain keystrokes or combinations of keystrokes into Japanese characters.  Is there a mode where you can just type in English?  I was expecting to be able to do that when/if I joined the DD Team's chat ingame.  (I'm not going to advertise that I'm non-jp in public, heh)

Q2.  Where do you get crafting recipes from?  I'm doing blacksmith and it seems like there's a lot of stuff that's not on the material vendor... but I see the books listed on the auction house for sale, so they must be obtainable somehow.

Q3.  What's the current level cap?

Q4.  When I swapped to Thief, I realized I had some basic magic like Heal.  Are those really associated with Thief or are they something every character starts with?  Figured this one out myself.

Q5.  Related to previous, if I level priest/monk/whatever its called, will I be able to use the spells on other vocations?

Q6.  Is there any shared storage or way to transfer money/items between alts without another person helping?  I'd entertain rolling alts for other crafting skills if I could actually get the crafted items / proceeds to my main.

Edited by merph518

Q1.  I've got a USB Keyboard hooked up to my Switch, but when I type it automatically changes certain keystrokes or combinations of keystrokes into Japanese characters.  Is there a mode where you can just type in English?  I was expecting to be able to do that when/if I joined the DD Team's chat ingame.  (I'm not going to advertise that I'm non-jp in public, heh)

Q2.  Where do you get crafting recipes from?  I'm doing blacksmith and it seems like there's a lot of stuff that's not on the material vendor... but I see the books listed on the auction house for sale, so they must be obtainable somehow.

Q3.  What's the current level cap?

Q4.  When I swapped to Thief, I realized I had some basic magic like Heal.  Are those really associated with Thief or are they something every character starts with?  Figured this one out myself.

Q5.  Related to previous, if I level priest/monk/whatever its called, will I be able to use the spells on other vocations?

Q6.  Is there any shared storage or way to transfer money/items between alts without another person helping?  I'd entertain rolling alts for other crafting skills if I could actually get the crafted items / proceeds to my main.

Q2.  There's a few shops that sell them (メギストリス is one place that has them, off the top of my head), some enemies drop them (you can get these from the bazaar, too), and there are a few hidden in bookcases throughout the world (I'd need to look up a guide to begin to remember where these are).

Q3.  99, though once you hit a certain level that I forget at the moment, you'll have to do quests every 5 or 3 levels to open the cap up further up to the 99.

Q5.  There's some skills that you can unlock from the class-specific skill trees that carry over in the same way the passives do, but not any of the level-up skills.

Q6.  There's no shared storage per se, but you can send them items and money via any post office.

Edited by MKVarana

I'm also curious about switching input methods on Switch. I don't have that version yet, but plan on getting it soon.

Also, still looking for a way to connect Switch to AWS away from home. I've got unlimited data on my hotspot, but I can't figure out how to connect to the VPN via the hotspot.

I'm also curious about switching input methods on Switch. I don't have that version yet, but plan on getting it soon.

Also, still looking for a way to connect Switch to AWS away from home. I've got unlimited data on my hotspot, but I can't figure out how to connect to the VPN via the hotspot.

I wasn't able to figure out how to change my text input on Switch.  I recently picked the game up for PC and it works fine there.

For connecting to a VPN away from home, I picked up one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Tunneler-Anonabox-WiFi-VPN-Router/dp/B017D79CY2

Little portable wifi vpn router.  It'll connect to any wifi network (like your hotspot), send your data through a vpn, and broadcast to the switch using its own wifi.  Works well, at least during my limited time with it so far.

From what I read it supports openVPN, which is probably what you've got going on AWS.  I took the simpler route and am just using a VPN service they support out of the box, VyperVpn.

Edited by merph518

That link is broken.

Based on the description in the link this might be what was being linked to

http://amzn.to/2zlkJUU

Bad link parsing on the forums, sorry.  Fixed it.  Didn't like a period at the end of the url.  Even with a space after it, sheesh.

Edited by merph518

I have a hard time trying to type in game. Is it possible for Trial Users?. If not, how do you chat?

Nope that's one of the restrictions being a trial user.

I have a hard time trying to type in game. Is it possible for Trial Users?. If not, how do you chat?

Do you happen to know if we can use bitcash to pay for sub/time?

Do you happen to know if we can use bitcash to pay for sub/time?

Yea you can add crysta by using bitcash

What would be the easiest way to get the current All-in-One package for PC and the 4.0 expansion? Also how long is the 1.0 story for trial accounts?

I bought the all-in-one and 4.0 expansion off ebay.  They were shipped from Japan and took a while, but at least I had no issue figuring out how to pay for them or having to fake an address for a digital download.

Also, I like having the physical versions!

1.0's story took me 60 hours to finish, but that's only the bare minimum to see the credit roll.  I'm up to 79 hours now and I haven't yet stepped into 2.0 content.  1.0 and the patch content between 1.0 and 2.0 is a lot to get through. :)

That's not too bad even if it's a regular plastic case. Also how bad does alchemy get because I feel lost in a translation way in making items through them and apparently I need alchemy to progress the 1.0 story?

Edit: Also would using the PSO2 way of connecting through the game with Proxifier, Putty and AWS disrupt the connection for the other devices in the home wirelessly? I don't want to see them searching through google.jp or they can't pay their bills due to a different IP. What about saving money for AWS too, do I leave the instance running or stop it and keep resetting my SE password?

Edited by gaou

On 12/6/2017 at 10:02 PM, gaou said:

That's not too bad even if it's a regular plastic case. Also how bad does alchemy get because I feel lost in a translation way in making items through them and apparently I need alchemy to progress the 1.0 story?

Edit: Also would using the PSO2 way of connecting through the game with Proxifier, Putty and AWS disrupt the connection for the other devices in the home wirelessly? I don't want to see them searching through google.jp or they can't pay their bills due to a different IP. What about saving money for AWS too, do I leave the instance running or stop it and keep resetting my SE password?

I use proxycap and you can choose the programs you want on your pc to go through it.  You can probably save some money by taking down the aws instance but I don’t do it.  If the ip changes and password changes bother you, use the one time password dongle or smartphone app.  If you do,  and the ip changes, it won’t make you change your password.

I've recently been thinking about finally picking up the PC version of the game, so I've been looking around for it, but I'm not 100% sure what it is that I'm supposed to buy. I've been told before that if I'm buying the game, I want to get the "All In One Package". Is this what I want to grab?

If so, does the disc just contain an installer for the client? Anything in there, like codes or something, that I should know about?

Edited by gooieooie