Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

Oops, mistype, you are correct, I will fix that.

@DJKniteX: Yeah. Unfortunately, the game still requires a VPN, outside of like the 3DS version.

@Shun 'Kanamee: Just note that, since it's from last year, it's a little outdated. We're up to 975 monsters by my count.

Edited by MKVarana

Hello. I am doing a thing on the lore of some monsters in the game and I found these 12 monsters interesting, so I found a site with their descriptions and made this google docs page on them

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QO3U0z_R1mmMVduVvOcy7eAef9iyOlH3vhhVg0j05jA/edit?usp=sharing

However, I don't know much about the lore or anything for some of these monsters (Sans Nokturnus). If you have fought these monsters, could you tell me if their bosses or what there intentions are? It could put in spoiler format if it is anything spoiling. This would help a lot.

Hello. I am doing a thing on the lore of some monsters in the game and I found these 12 monsters interesting, so I found a site with their descriptions and made this google docs page on them

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QO3U0z_R1mmMVduVvOcy7eAef9iyOlH3vhhVg0j05jA/edit?usp=sharing

However, I don't know much about the lore or anything for some of these monsters (Sans Nokturnus). If you have fought these monsters, could you tell me if their bosses or what there intentions are? It could put in spoiler format if it is anything spoiling. This would help a lot.

What site did you pull these from?

What site did you pull these from?

http://web.archive.org/web/20170622023719/http://iwachodqx.blog.fc2.com/?no=118

It seems legitimate, a lot of the entries are the same with the one from the video. I just don't even know what some of the monsters are, but I took interest into their description.

I am trying to clarify, can someone explain me what the Space Devil/Space Demon/Rilgradide are and what their point to plot was, and what the explanation for Nokturnus is? What was his goal/fate in it?

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Currently going through 2.2 and I should hit lv 92 on my main class (Armamentalist) soon.
Could someone tell me when should I start buying equipment on the market?
I think I currently have about 1,5 million, maybe a bit more and was hoping that it would be enough for a full set, although I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't nowhere near enough.

Before the level cap was raised to 99, I think I read that early 9x equipment would be good enough for the endgame, but now I'm confused.

Edit:

I looked into what's on the market and this is what I bought:
セイクリッドソード
風雲ã®å¤§ç›¾
ヴァンガードãƒãƒƒãƒˆ
ヴァンガードコート
ヴァンガードグラブ
ヴァンガードブーツ

I think it cost me 500-600k total, so much cheaper than I expected!
It was 1 star only, but at this point I don't care that much.

Edited by Hasemo

Currently going through 2.2 and I should hit lv 92 on my main class (Armamentalist) soon.

Could someone tell me when should I start buying equipment on the market?

I think I currently have about 1,5 million, maybe a bit more and was hoping that it would be enough for a full set, although I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't nowhere near enough.

Before the level cap was raised to 99, I think I read that early 9x equipment would be good enough for the endgame, but now I'm confused.

Edit:

I looked into what's on the market and this is what I bought:

セイクリッドソード

風雲ã®å¤§ç›¾

ヴァンガードãƒãƒƒãƒˆ

ヴァンガードコート

ヴァンガードグラブ

ヴァンガードブーツ

I think it cost me 500-600k total, so much cheaper than I expected!

It was 1 star only, but at this point I don't care that much.

My usual advice is not to spend much on equipment until you hit level 90 or 93. You did good by waiting. I would have gone with 2 star or 3 star equipment depending on the piece if I had the gold but that would just be my preference. Since you can set the boss level to easy, I think things will go okay.

Everyone was telling me to wait until level 9x with buying serious equipment, so that's what I did.

To be honest I might have played it better by checking the prices of all pieces with 2/3 stars and adding it up to see if I have enough money, but the low prices for 1 stars caught me off guard and since I didn't know if it's even the said I should be buying, I just went for it. If I'm ever interested in having good endgame armor/equipment for 4.0/a lot of money, I'll definitely upgrade to better quality items.

Everyone was telling me to wait until level 9x with buying serious equipment, so that's what I did.

To be honest I might have played it better by checking the prices of all pieces with 2/3 stars and adding it up to see if I have enough money, but the low prices for 1 stars caught me off guard and since I didn't know if it's even the said I should be buying, I just went for it. If I'm ever interested in having good endgame armor/equipment for 4.0/a lot of money, I'll definitely upgrade to better quality items.

I don't think you need to over think the end game bosses. After a month after release you can adjust their difficulty level. Plus you can use high level teammate AI and also ask for help so you can get by. I'm just lazy and am waiting for the month to be up to finish the version 3 story. I get more of a thrill from fighting the coin bosses than the story bosses. Some people also love the limited time bosses like Dark King but i don't fight them. For coin bosses and the others, you usually have to match your equipment to their attacks and tolerances. That's when you have to be selective in what you buy. If you ever get low on money, hunting down resistance rings also helps.

@DJKniteX: Yeah. Unfortunately, the game still requires a VPN, outside of like the 3DS version.

@Shun 'Kanamee: Just note that, since it's from last year, it's a little outdated. We're up to 975 monsters by my count.

Is there a VPN that you would recommend?

I use IPVanish, but it has a monthly fee.

A free option is SoftEther.

I've also heard good things about AWS, but I'm a console player, and haven't gotten that to work yet.

Edited by MKVarana

Can you pay for a DQX subscription with a US credit card (on the ps4 version)?

Also, is there any IP lock on the ps4 version?

There is an ip lock and I don't think you can use a US credit card on the Japanese PSN. You can buy a Japanese PSN point card from various sources.

Can I use a us-based credit card to purchase dqx subscription time, though? I already knew about the psn store thing, I was mostly just wondering if you could use foreign credit cards to purchase game time.

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like foreign credit cards do work for buying subscription time.

Edited by Eobard Thawne

Can I use a us-based credit card to purchase dqx subscription time, though? I already knew about the psn store thing, I was mostly just wondering if you could use foreign credit cards to purchase game time.

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like foreign credit cards do work for buying subscription time.

I'm not sure we know the answer to this yet, to be honest.  The PS4 version's subscription will be isolated from the other ones (If you want to play on PC and Switch, for example, you can use the same subscription, but if you want to play on PS4 as well, you'll have to pay for another subscription), so it's very possible that you'll be required to pay through PSN.

I'm not sure we know the answer to this yet, to be honest.  The PS4 version's subscription will be isolated from the other ones (If you want to play on PC and Switch, for example, you can use the same subscription, but if you want to play on PS4 as well, you'll have to pay for another subscription), so it's very possible that you'll be required to pay through PSN.

From what I remember reading, you buy the subscription points via PSN so that's why you can't use a American credit card.

Is there a way to skip scenes in the game? I'm going through the å°ã•ã„町 stories on another character, and since I've been through them once already, I'd really like to skip the cutscenes/events. Is this possible?

I feel like I heard something about that being added recently;  assuming I'm remembering correctly, let me see if I can find it.

Edited by MKVarana

Is there a way to skip scenes in the game? I'm going through the å°ã•ã„町 stories on another character, and since I've been through them once already, I'd really like to skip the cutscenes/events. Is this possible?

After the 9/6/17 update you'll be able to skip the scenes if your main character has seen it.

You'll need to change the settings(like from the pic below)

NGYY225.png

Hello ,

i want to buy this game on my ps4 but im afraid of getting banned for using VPN and i lost my PSN account

is there anyone got banned on ps4 for using VPN?

i dont know what is the best is for ps4 or switch i want to buy one of them , what is the more easier? and most safety

Edited by dhman2011

I saw the question about AI controlled party members, but can you choose to play with people over the AI? I always play MMORPGs with my boyfriend and we enjoy playing together, will we be able to party up or are we forced to use AI? 

Also, how hard is it to learn the menu and items if you are not skilled at reading kanji? The menu is my number 1 concern about paying for a Japanese version of the game and subscription :(.

I saw the question about AI controlled party members, but can you choose to play with people over the AI? I always play MMORPGs with my boyfriend and we enjoy playing together, will we be able to party up or are we forced to use AI? 

Also, how hard is it to learn the menu and items if you are not skilled at reading kanji? The menu is my number 1 concern about paying for a Japanese version of the game and subscription :(.

You can play with any mix of AI and real players, so you two can have 2 AIs with you as you play together.

The game uses mostly katakana and hiragana, which is very easy to learn, if you've played previous games you might recognize some of the items right away but for the most part it's very easy to play. There are JP guides and wikis for most things, and google translate covers the rest. The menus become muscle memory very quickly too. 

Just recently the trial was upgraded so you can play to level 50, there's plenty of content for you to check out for free now and see if you like it and, can get used to the Japanese, so i'd say give it a go.

Edited by マール

You can play with any mix of AI and real players, so you two can have 2 AIs with you as you play together.

The game uses mostly katakana and hiragana, which is very easy to learn, if you've played previous games you might recognize some of the items right away but for the most part it's very easy to play. There are JP guides and wikis for most things, and google translate covers the rest. The menus become muscle memory very quickly too. 

Just recently the trial was upgraded so you can play to level 50, there's plenty of content for you to check out for free now and see if you like it and, can get used to the Japanese, so i'd say give it a go.

I read on the website that you need to purchase the game from Amazon Japan to get the trial. Do I need to get it this way or can I get it from the Square Enix store for a digital purchase?

It's cool that we can party up like normal too :), I like being able to talk with people and work together to defeat the boss!

I read on the website that you need to purchase the game from Amazon Japan to get the trial. Do I need to get it this way or can I get it from the Square Enix store for a digital purchase?

It's cool that we can party up like normal too :), I like being able to talk with people and work together to defeat the boss!

I'm pretty sure you get a free 30 day sub with the game, not the trial. Here's a step by step on how to play get all set up to play the trial.

I got mine from amazon JP, but some people haven't had luck with certain american cards there. You can  try the SE store or playasia maybe if that doesn't work.