Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

Aw, that's a shame :c

Now, what do I do with this?

8606d61ebc.jpg

Use it during a battle and a Metal King willi pop up which is a lot of experience. Make sure it doesn't get away, though. They tend to run.

The anniversary event was extended back in October so you can still get the dress. http://ドラクエ10.jp/dq10_memo83.html These present codes expire in 11 hours but if you put them in before that you will get the item that allows you to fight the Dragon Lord. You have one week before the Dragon Lord will no longer be avaliable.

351043cee5.jpg

What is this place? O_o

And how do I complete this quest? I don't understand it at all.

http://xn--10-yg4a1a3kyh.jp/dq10_quest_ver2.1_1_1.html

That place is where you can fight rotating "Superboss" challenges.  Each door has different restrictions on class, weapons, item use, time, etc.  (The first gate's challenge is usually to beat the bosses with no items and in 20 minutes.)  Twice a month the enemies change, and the first time you beat each boss during this cycle, you get a belt.  The first win also gets you 20 of the green orb things that let you upgrade gear.

It's also a fantastic place to save for death and set as a ruler stone point, due to it having that full party heal circle right next to it, as well as bank and Dharma NPCs.  ;)

For the quest, if I'm reading it correctly, you need to beat 3 of the ãƒã‚¢ãƒ©ãƒƒã‚¯ enemies on the ã‚«ãƒ«ãƒ‡ã‚¢å±±é“ map with a monster in your party.

Edited by MKVarana

Do you guys know of a general leveling location guide? I know about the bestiary but it doesn't really tell you that much about enemies. The guide can be in English or Japanese. I'm level 30 and having trouble finding good spots to level. 

Do you guys know of a general leveling location guide? I know about the bestiary but it doesn't really tell you that much about enemies. The guide can be in English or Japanese. I'm level 30 and having trouble finding good spots to level. 

If you mean killing general mobs, here are some kinda well known mobs and their location for grinding.

ãƒã‚¶ãƒƒã‚¯ã‚¹ at  ãƒãƒ§ãƒƒãƒ”è’野, at the puku island, the pink one. Near メギストリス, head east from the gate at D5

For lower level, タコメット is also popular, it gives much less exp however since it's much weaker. They are at キュララナ海岸, from the fish people town ã‚¸ãƒ¥ãƒ¬ãƒ¼å³¶ä¸Šå±¤ head outside from east gate then north.

Question on behalf of a friend who's somehow having different settings be funky while doing identical things.

When I press anything on my keyboard it initiates the chat bubble (I use a gamepad) but he can't open the chat box without using one of the premade gestures and then deleting it, and his keyboard keys are enabling his movement. Note that my friend also uses a gamepad. Our config menus are all in ???? so it's not feasible for us to look into that currently.

Edited by Zaes

Question on behalf of a friend who's somehow having different settings be funky while doing identical things.

When I press anything on my keyboard it initiates the chat bubble (I use a gamepad) but he can't open the chat box without using one of the premade gestures and then deleting it, and his keyboard keys are enabling his movement. Note that my friend also uses a gamepad. Our config menus are all in ???? so it's not feasible for us to look into that currently.

You might want to check it out and see if this is something that could help your friend: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36234

You might want to check it out and see if this is something that could help your friend: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36234

Definitely going to have him take a look I'm more wondering because we both are technically using the same controller (I have a PS3 working like a 360 controller and he uses a 360 controller) why we would have different starting keybinds and his game play like I would assume is in keyboard mode and not gamepad.

Edited by Zaes

Definitely going to have him take a look I'm more wondering because we both are technically using the same controller (I have a PS3 working like a 360 controller and he uses a 360 controller) why we would have different starting keybinds and his game play like I would assume is in keyboard mode and not gamepad.

I think he doesn't have "Direct Chat" enabled in the Keyboard Settings. 

You can have him check his Config and then click the top-middle button to access the Keyboard Settings.

Now in the Keyboard Settings menu, it doesn't matter what Tab he's on because the Direct Chat feature we're looking for is always displayed just above the left bottom-most buttons.

There should be two check boxes there. 

The first checkbox (for Direct Chat), when checked, allows you to immediately start typing a message in the chat window with your keyboard.

if it is unchecked, you'll have to press a keyboard button (the button depends on what you choose to bind it on) before you can start typing your chat message.

The second option, when checked, automatically enables/disables the option above it (Direct Chat) if a GamePad is connected/disconnected respectively.

In other words, whenever a GamePad is connected, you can immediately type things in the chat window without having to press the set key to access the chat feature. If the GamePad is disconnected, then you'll first have to press the "Start Chat" key before you can type a chat message.

About moving with the keyboard, even if a GamePad is connected, I'm assuming that your friend is using the WASD preset. I can't test it myself yet but I'm guessing that enabling the options I mentioned above should rectify it. 

But just in case, he might also need to check his Keyboard Preset. Or see if the checking/unchecking the option to the right of Direct Chat affects it.

If ever you get to try the translated Config, please let me know if my translations (especially for the Tool Tips) are still too vague to understand so I could put it in my list of what to do as soon as I have the time to polish the translations.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/public/charamoveguide#flow

Had some free time and I was looking to come back to the game; have an account issue and need to transfer before I get serious. 

From what I can tell I need to.. 

1. Have all the same content registered on both accounts 

In this case I have the Wii (v1) and PC (v1 + v2), so I will have to re-buy both for the new account.

However I also have the 3DS version so Im not sure what Im supposed to do about that? Not sure If I have to rebuy (unless I want to play that again that is)

2. Have a spare character on each account

3. Have a security token enabled (and the info required to do it) on each account *or digital iOS token

My issue is that when I registered on the Wii I used a random name, security question, and birthday. I know the birthday, and have access to the registered name and address but I want to transfer my character to an account with a name, address, and security question I will remember in a emergency.

Does anyone know if they will ask for the security question during the transfer??

I have a hard time putting tons of hours into a game if I don't feel like I'm in control of the account fully.

In the mean time I will be resubscribing on the 3DS so I can clear up from 2.1 to 3.5 / max Warrior and Mage. 

Edited by MoonRider

I have a question regarding equipment.

While I'm still cleaning up the 1.x content (a few quests before the 8 person boss fight left), I was thinking about gearing up my lv 60 character for 2.x and 3.x stuff.

I looked at a few Japanese wikis and do I understand it correctly that the only lv 50 and up equipment is player-made and can't be found in regular stores?

I have around 700k saved up (no idea if it's a lot), but prices of that stuff are quite high.

Those V1 quests before the Superboss should give you a universal level 50 gear set. I'd say it's probably not worth breaking the bank on gear until you get into the 90s, to be honest.

Yeah I never spend a lot of money on equipment until I can get the best available (level 90 or 93).

Since I'm using 3 level 96 support characters, I also don't really buy that much equipment, but it makes me feel really weak, which isn't fun.

Well, it's not like I can afford a full set every few levels, so I'll have to deal with it.

Those V1 quests before the Superboss should give you a universal level 50 gear set. I'd say it's probably not worth breaking the bank on gear until you get into the 90s, to be honest.

I definitely got that armor, so I guess I'll just keep using it on all my classes until I hit level 90+

Edited by Hasemo

Long time no see guys. I doubt you all still remember me :(

Anyway jokes aside, are people still active? I just logged back in today after a long time, been kinda busy. But saw nobody on the team online.... I was online for quite a bit too.

Also, I thought I heard once from somewhere that the 3ds doesn't have the ip block, is this true? Got someone who wants to play, but doesn't really want to set up a vpn, so I thought to tell them to try the 3ds version if it's true.

Some of us are still around. I've admitted been on less than I should; between being fatigue (possibly allergies) and working on Cran's side game sprites.

The 3DS version does not have an IP ban, but it's pretty hard to recommend as their main version, due to lag and whatnot.

Edited by MKVarana

Ah, right, the lag.... the 3ds version does lag often.... it even lagged on my connection at home... I guess I'll see if I can find a free and easy to use vpn for the game.

Does this game have a monster bestiary? If so, is there a page where I can see the entries for all the monsters?

Here you go, thanks to Michi , Mimas I meant, for grabbing this for me last year

https://youtu.be/iVfRRqWWa6o

• Upvote 1