Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

Having the same issue on AMZ EC-2.  Worked fine for over a year... can't login today.

I've been using SoftEther for my VPN, but it occasionally crashes on me.  When it does, DQX logs me out and shows me an error message.  As of recent, when my VPN appears to be working fine, I get the same error message upon logging in.  Did I get banned or something, or is there just something wonky going on with the servers?

uWNeCA.png

Sorry for these postst - I figured it out.  ProxyCap had to be reinstalled b/c it was "no longer compatible with my system setup" for some reason.  I don't know about your config but it's possible a windows update messed me up.

Having the same issue on AMZ EC-2.  Worked fine for over a year... can't login today.

I've been using SoftEther for my VPN, but it occasionally crashes on me.  When it does, DQX logs me out and shows me an error message.  As of recent, when my VPN appears to be working fine, I get the same error message upon logging in.  Did I get banned or something, or is there just something wonky going on with the servers?

uWNeCA.png

I'm at the end of Version 2.4, trying to defeat the final boss. (Named something like 創造神マデサゴーラã®è¡Œå‹•) I've tried reading through the following pages:

http://dragon-quest.jp/ten/chart/ver2_4/boss03.php

http://xn--10-yg4a1a3kyh.jp/dq10_boss2_42.html

Yet, even with the online translators available, I'm having a hard time picking out the right information to form a solo party. (i.e. just me and hired characters from the tavern)

My warrior (戦士) class is maxed out at level 90, though my next highest class is level 61 monster tamer (ã¾ã‚‚ã®ä½¿ã„).

How should I prepare for the boss fight? I keep getting wiped out on the third boss, despite choosing the weakest setting.

EDIT: More specifically, are there specific items or armour sets that would give me resistance or immunity to the statuses the boss keeps putting on my party? What attributes should I look for in hiring characters at the tavern?

Edited by Elessar

The second site has this (copied verbatim after running it through google translate.

" Equipment is more advantageous tolerance often. In particular curse and paralysis is to be able to 100% guard in armor is much easier. Shields and body on the advantageous plumage of spell resistance and water."

Is there a reason why those status guard didn't help you much? How about the elemental resistance?

Sorry, didn't notice this question till now.

As Ashes posted above, curse and paralysis guard is definitely helpful.  I remember how devastating those status effects can be, and it's probably a good idea for your AI to have these resistances as well.

For getting the statuses, it's really more the enhancements on armor rather than what the name of the armor is.  There's certain rings as well.  I'm at work right now so I can't look them up right this moment but I can get the accessory name tonight.  The ring alone won't be enough though.

If you would like some live-help, I'm certainly willing to join you for the boss battle.  If you want to do it with AI, I could customize my AI for you for the boss to give you someone you can hire that's exactly what you are looking for. 

Another option is Kirapoon from a wand-user.  Kirapoon protects you from all status ailments for a limited time, but it'll have to be refreshed periodically and it can be removed if the boss uses disruptive way.  It's not as reliable as equipment resistance but it can still be helpful nonetheless.

Edited by Cranberry

The second site has this (copied verbatim after running it through google translate.

" Equipment is more advantageous tolerance often. In particular curse and paralysis is to be able to 100% guard in armor is much easier. Shields and body on the advantageous plumage of spell resistance and water."

Is there a reason why those status guard didn't help you much? How about the elemental resistance?

I wasn't sure which armour had the status guards / elemental resistance.

Sorry, didn't notice this question till now.

As Ashes posted above, curse and paralysis guard is definitely helpful.  I remember how devastating those status effects can be, and it's probably a good idea for your AI to have these resistances as well.

For getting the statuses, it's really more the enhancements on armor rather than what the name of the armor is.  There's certain rings as well.  I'm at work right now so I can't look them up right this moment but I can get the accessory name tonight.  The ring alone won't be enough though.

If you would like some live-help, I'm certainly willing to join you for the boss battle.  If you want to do it with AI, I could customize my AI for you for the boss to give you someone you can hire that's exactly what you are looking for. 

Another option is Kirapoon from a wand-user.  Kirapoon protects you from all status ailments for a limited time, but it'll have to be refreshed periodically and it can be removed if the boss uses disruptive way.  It's not as reliable as equipment resistance but it can still be helpful nonetheless.

Okay, so I need to be looking for enhancements. This is done through alchemy, correct? So I need to be looking at armour with +1, etc. in it's name?

Live-help would be difficult, as I am currently in Japan, so scheduling could be a problem. I think that AI would be easier to coordinate.

Good to know. I might give Kirapoon a try.

In English, would you call somebody from or something made in Gatara

A) Gataran

or

B) Gatarish

or

C) something else entirely...

?

Aye.  Enchantments are done with alchemy so the +1-3 are what you need.

Don't let you living in Japan make you think we can't work something out.  I'm willing to set my alarm to help you.  I say let's try it.  Especially with the weekend coming up.

Who are you in-game?  Do I have you on a contact list?

Edited by Cranberry

The best times for me this weekend would be 22:00 or later Saturday or Sunday (Japan time: UTC+09:00).

My character's name is アラゴルノ. (Yes, I made a spelling mistake when I named my character, so the last katakana is "no" instead of "n".) You don't have me on a contact list, as this will be the first time I've tried partying with anyone.

I'm playing on the Wii with no keyboard, so communication will be slow. I also apologize in advance for my character, as it is weak and probably poorly balanced.

Edited by Elessar

Generally, team things are done Saturday morning here. That's around 21:00 til lunch time which is usually around 03:00 Sunday. So that's should be easy to schedule.

Yes you'll be looking for +2/+3 gear. I think my dancer set has 100% paralysis and curse guard. You usually can't get 100% in a single alchemization. However, they do happen. It's just fairly expensive on the bazar.

Most armor sets themselves don't offer status guards. However there are a few, but none for those two statuses.

Elemental resists are a bit harder but water is on the Venus tear accessory. Spell resist can be alchemized. I too may be around depending on my foreknowledge of the attempt. That said the den team always tries to help each other out as we can.

I've sent you a friend request in-game.  I expect to be online at the time you plan to be around.

Okay, I'll see what I'm able to buy at the bazaar.

I'm look forward to it! よã‚ã—ããŠé¡˜ã„ã—ã¾ã™ï¼

Oh, and I have an unused complete skill reset orb, so I'm willing to rebalance my character as needed for the boss fight. Here's what I have for points:

戦士 - Warrior - Lv. 90 - 186 + 3 pts.

僧侶 - Priest - Lv. 44 - 93 pts.

魔法使ㄠ- Magician - Lv. 38 - 79 pts.
武闘家 - Fighter - Lv. 38 - 79 pts.
盗賊 - Thief - Lv. 39 - 79 pts.
旅芸人 - Minstrel - Lv. 50 - 107 pts.

ãƒãƒˆãƒ«ãƒžã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼ - Battle Master - Lv. 52 - 110 pts.

パラディン - Paladin - Lv. 36 - 72 pts.

魔法戦士 - Magic Knight - Lv. 36 - 72 pts.

レンジャー - Ranger - Lv. 35 - 72 pts.

賢者 - Sage - Lv. 36 - 72 pts.

スーパースター - Super Star - Lv. 36 - 72 pts.
ã¾ã‚‚ã®ä½¿ã„ - Monster Tamer - Lv. 61 - 129 pts.
ã©ã†ã使ㄠ- Item Master - Lv. 37 - 76 pts.
è¸Šã‚Šå­ - Dancer - Lv. 37 - 76 pts.

Here is the current distribution of points: Skill Simulator
Edited by Elessar

I now see you appearing on my contact list.  Great, you should now be able to hire my AI for free.

When I log off tonight, I'll log off as a priest and try to have it set with appropriate resistances.  I'll head to bed early tonight so that I can wake up around the time that you indicated you expect to be on.  If you beat me online, hire my AI.  That'll give us a decent healing AI.  We can have both my AI, and myself in the party at the same time.

I'll contact you when I get on.  For me this will be around 5AM.  For you, it should be around 22:00 if I have my time zones right.

Thanks for the helpful information in choosing equipment for the boss battle. And special thanks to Cranberry for waking up early to help me fight it out!

On to Version 3!

ãŠã‚ã§ã¨ã†ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼

Okay, this question is more general-DQ, but I have a feeling at least one of these was new in DQX. Plus, there tends to be more traffic from Japanese-speakers here than in General DQ:

Can anyone tell me what these are/mean, and if they have an official localization what it is?

覇王斬

精霊ã®å®ˆã‚Š

超ミラクルゾーン (_ Miracle Zone?)

テンションマスター (Tension Master)

スーパールーレット (Super Roulette?)

スペクタクルショー (Spectacle Show?)

パルプンテ(やã¾ã³ã“)

パルプンテ(æµæ˜Ÿï¼‰

They are text strings from Theatrhythm DQ.

I've been trying to log in but every time I do, there's a lengthy message followed by a boot off the game. I made my account and registered my serial codes, turned on the VPN. Not sure what else i'm missing.
I'm trying to upload the pic but for some reason I don't see an option to attach a picture (there was one when I uploaded some receipts for a contest)
If I can have someone help me translate (after I somehow upload the picture) that would be great~

Edited by minwin12

I remember back to the very first Evil Palace week where people found out you could "cheat" the required equipment restriction of the room. Like, the first one forced you to equip daggers or magic staffs and players found out that a Dancer could use wands/fans provided they also had a dagger. I say cheat in quotes because that isn't what the requirement actually says, but it was fun to see random trolly players say they were going to report players for it on livestreams.

The requirement of course is:

以下ã®æ­¦å™¨ã‚’装備ã—ã¦æŒ‘ã‚€ã“ã¨

Which reads: Must challenge with using the weapons below. If you highlight it, it shows you the list of valid equipment.

It certainly says absolutely nothing about that you can ONLY use those weapons just that you must use something from that list.

This distinction is rather important considering room 2 after the latest reset requires that you use a shield or hammer. Any class can wield a shield, so any class may participate as long as the weapon they are using is a 1 handed weapon. The hammer "restriction" is only there to allow Battle Masters to dual wield.

So, not that it matters much anymore since there's a PC version now, but it may be possible to run the Wii version of DQX in Dolphin nowadays. Apparently the emulator has supported USB functionality for a couple years and the developers forgot/didn't know the feature was added when they merged a couple branches of the project, and therefore never announced it. I don't have the Wii version to test with, but I thought some people may be interested.

Hey I need help with the hair dye quests.  I've looked them up on Google Translate, and there seem to be several different quests for different hair colors.  There's one I've been seeing on players that I specifically want, but I don't know which of the quests it is.

Here's a picture of a player I saw with said hair color (the one in the top left corner, not the one standing next to me):

hair_i_want.png

Could someone tell me which hair color name that is (I guessed Strawberry, but I didn't want to guess wrong and do the whole quest for nothing)?

Hey I need help with the hair dye quests.  I've looked them up on Google Translate, and there seem to be several different quests for different hair colors.  There's one I've been seeing on players that I specifically want, but I don't know which of the quests it is.

Here's a picture of a player I saw with said hair color (the one in the top left corner, not the one standing next to me):

hair_i_want.png

Could someone tell me which hair color name that is (I guessed Strawberry, but I didn't want to guess wrong and do the whole quest for nothing)?

Never mind, I got it.  It was Sunset lol.

was wondering if anyone has unlocked the Battlemaster class yet and can assist in how I can unlock it?
this is the instructions for the DQX JPN guides database. Thanks in advance!

・コロシアムã®E-8å´ã®éšŽæ®µã‹ã‚‰åœ°ä¸‹1階ã¸é™ã‚Šã€F-7ジェイコフã«è©±ã™
・目覚ã‚ã®èŠ±ã¨ã©ãã‘ã—ãã†1個ãšã¤ã‚’渡ã—ã¦ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆã‚’å—注
・試練ã®ãƒãƒ³ã‚°ãƒ«ã‚’装備ã—ã€ç‰¹æ®Šæ¡ä»¶ä¸‹ã§ãƒ‡ãƒƒãƒ‰ãƒšãƒƒã‚«ãƒ¼ã‚’5匹倒ã™
武器ã¨ç›¾ã‚’外ã—ã¦è©¦ç·´ã®ãƒãƒ³ã‚°ãƒ«è£…å‚™ã§ç´ æ‰‹ã§æ”»æ’ƒã™ã‚‹ã®ã¯ã¨ã©ã‚を刺ã™ä¸€æ’ƒã ã‘ã§OK。
ãªãŠãƒ‡ãƒƒãƒ‰ãƒšãƒƒã‚«ãƒ¼ã®HPã¯510ã§ã™ã€‚
・ジェイコフã«è©±ã—ã¦ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆã‚¯ãƒªã‚¢

Edited by minwin12