Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

Yeah, this game specifically has "Comeback" events where if you've been gone for a little while (I believe it's more than 90 days, off the top of my head), they give you items and stuff to come back, plus they let you into the new/comeback player servers that tend to run events to help you level back up faster, so it'd be pretty weird of them to start dropping accounts just as they're trying to lure you back.

How do you disable viewing helmets on the online menu?  I was able to figure it out offline, but the menu for the online mode is different.

How do you disable viewing helmets on the online menu?  I was able to figure it out offline, but the menu for the online mode is different.

It's actually an option when you equip the helmet. There is an option above ロク. That's equip but hidden.

As of 3.2, the Mystery Tower was changed making some of the information I posted here completely outdated and not really useful. Through very thorough testing, I think it is pretty obvious that despite the fact that a wipe out means you start over from the previous rest floor, the Mystery Tower has changed for the better. It is much easier to run through now, and even very easy to run through with AI.

Requirements:

- Cleared up until the start of 2.1 to access the Mystery Tower.

- Cleared the skill cap quests up to 150 SP.

- Unlocked Battle Master and Sage. Sage is only needed for full party setup.

Speed Strategy: Full Party

Classes: 2 Battle Masters, Sage, Priest until 15F then swap out a Battle Master for Warrior.

Builds:

Battle Master: 140 in swords, 4 in trait, 150 in swords, rest in trait

Warrior: 150 in trait, 25 in shields, rest in swords

Sage: 150 in trait, rest in magic staffs

Priest: 150 in trait, rest in wands

Speed Strategy: Solo

Class: Battle Master til floor 15, then Warrior.

Builds:

Battle Master: 140 in swords, 4 in trait, 150 in swords, rest in trait

Warrior: 150 in swords, rest in trait. Reskill at 20F boss for 150 in trait, 25 in shields, rest in swords

- Strip down and sell everything except for your weapons in the beginning, buy small magic bottles. Buy more small magic bottles on 5F. You should not need to purchase any more MP healing items after this!

- Skip all non-boss encounters. If there is a metal monster on the field you may fight them to attempt to get a nice level boost.

- You may activate red circles if you want to try for some strong accessories. Remember that you have limited MP now. Some red circles give metal slimes,

- Activate all green, and blue circles. You may want to wait to actually use the green circles until after you pick up equipment from minibosses or blue circles.

- Use white circles wisely. They let your restore your HP and MP once.

- Go all-out on the minibosses on floors 3, 8, 13, 18 as the next floor is a rest floor. Obviously keep in mind if you are on a floor with a red circle and want to try for some accessories.

- Equips with HP, MP, damage taken down by %, MP recovery after battle, or MP recovery for defeating enemies (!!) are greatly wanted.

Tactics in party:

- 1-5F: General attacks will down each enemy conserve MP. Sage learns Kaboomle shortly into this to deal extreme damage to minibosses.

- 6-10F: Sage's Kaboomle can deal close to 1 shot damage on minibosses. As Sage can attack to regain MP, conserve MP on these floors

- 11F and on: Almost every miniboss dies to 2 Gigabreaks or 1 Gigabreak and Kaboomle. The enemies get fairly strong here, so focus more on healing as a Sage.

Tactics solo:
- General attacks until you learn Gigabreak, then Gigabreak as necessary for minibosses.
- From 1-10F the AI you get doesn't really matter that much. Although if you get 2 of Warrior, Tamer, Item Master for your sanity warp out using the Mystery Key and try again. There is no penalty for leaving at the lobby.
- From 11F and on make sure that you have two AI capable of healing. You always get a priest, so you need: Sage, Ranger, or Minstrel in order of usefulness.
- Put AI that cannot heal on go all out.
- Best attacking AI: Mage, Sage (if you have another healer put them on go all out. Sage is insanely good), Paladin (yes really!)
- Terrible AI: Warrior and Tamer are both Axe users which gobble up tons of MP for barely any damage. Item Master is just terrible. Dancer is terrible too due to being support and their only support skills are charge time.

The 15F boss is still a major pain in the rear, but at least if you die at a boss you can try again from the boss floor as usual. Assuming you don't get beaten up too badly, and you don't end up rolling terrible ai too often you'll clear the tower solo in about 50 minutes. A full party shouldn't take longer than 40 minutes. Considering that the tower took nearly 2 hours to clear before and that was with a full party, this turns something very tedious into something much more manageable. The Tower is a lot more fun after the update, for those who enjoy fighting everything in the tower and going at their own pace, a full solo run takes about 85 minutes. I don't have many details on a full run with a party, but Dancer worked out really well in my solo runs for the first 10 floors as they are great as conserving MP due to dagger's MP for damage feature.

I've been asked a few questions about why you would want to speed through the tower. So I will answer those here as well:

Q: Why bother running through the Tower more than once in a month?

A: Each run of the tower gives you 42 bronze chips. These can be exchanged for status resist rings (10), elemental resist other accessories (10), medal pouches (10), blank cards (20). Of the status resist rings, the poison resist ring can only be hunted inefficiently from Scarab Kings rare drop as there are no reincarnation monsters that drop it. Of the elemental accessories, Royal Charms are the only ones with a reasonable reincarnation monster to hunt to obtain them. Venus Tears cannot be obtained from reincarnation monsters, and Dragon Charms are from the chance skill reincarnation monster that runs away when angered. Blank cards at 20 chips each are still a very efficient way to hunt for blank cards to turn into the new boss ticket, you can hunt half of the material you need to hunt gold rosaries.

Q: Why bother running through the Tower with AI, why not with players?

A: In a perfect world where tons of English speaking players are online all the time/everyone in fluent in Japanese, and where players are interested in running through the tower I would agree that this is puzzling. However, in the real world where we are very limited in number due to the hoops we need to jump through to play the game/unable to communicate effectively with Japanese players, schedules clash due to different time zones, and interest in running the tower is minimal... here are 2 major reasons you will want to keep AI only runs in mind:

1. "It's the last day before the reset and I forgot to do Mystery Tower... and no one is on."
2. "I want to work on accessories that are farmable from the Mystery Tower, but no one is on or they have already cleared the tower and aren't interested..."

Never fear! AI only runs are here!

Granted party runs are a lot more fun, just not always feasible. 

Hey I asked this in-game the other day but I could never find it...where is the place to get your hair cut? I was told it was in the Puklipo town but I've been searching all over to no avail.  Also, how do you complete the quest required?

They are in all the big cities look for hair cut icon. Then you got do a quest  you got get sparkly ink or something I think its red slimes.

Thanks for the link, Ashes!  Also, I want to unlock Item User...I've unlocked class changes and I have v2, but for some reason the dwarf npc won't offer me a quest.  Do I have the right npc (screenshot below)?

item_user_not_working.png

If you need more information, I can PM you the rest of the message.

That's the incorrect NPC.

You need to exit that town/Gatara and head here:

33c7f5ead34d98aa68c40f3a888442f1.jpg

Not my image, but there you go.

Edited by Phanir

That's the incorrect NPC.

You need to exit that town/Gatara and head here:

33c7f5ead34d98aa68c40f3a888442f1.jpg

Not my image, but there you go.

I'm trying to enter the portal thing, but I'm only getting this message:

help.png

Do I need to complete the dwarf seal first bc I haven't done that yet.

You need to install Version 2 now.  Wherever you purchased the game from should have a download for it.

I've only gotten it from AmazonJP, so I can't help with any other methods such as the SE Store or physical, which I assume would have a disc or two for it.  Amazon should have multiple downloads (as of the previous All-In-One Edition), one of which is for v2. I don't know why I mentioned multiple downloads.  It was a single download with a v1 and v2 installer.

Edited by Phanir

Thank you!  Do you know how to complete the quest?  It's Quest #303, if that helps.

You can follow quest guides put together on Japanese fan sites. They're listed by number, and usually have good step-by-step instructions.

Here is a link to quests 301-310. You can hover over the text to read the original Japanese.

You can follow quest guides put together on Japanese fan sites. They're listed by number, and usually have good step-by-step instructions.

Here is a link to quests 301-310. You can hover over the text to read the original Japanese.

All right, it says to kill Gachakokko and Sukarugaru.  Which monsters are those?

All right, it says to kill Gachakokko and Sukarugaru.  Which monsters are those?

Here's another handy site, which you can use to look up monsters. Just copy the Japanese name of the monster, paste in it the search box, and click the search button (it says 検索, which means "search"). This will make your life significantly easier when doing quests.

Here are the two monsters: ガãƒãƒ£ã‚³ãƒƒã‚³ & スカルガル.

I bought a item of dqx store dollar board cosemetic how does it get applied? figured it out I expected the person to be in a shop.

Edited by Mrbrac

There's a dwarf in ãŒã‚¿ãƒ© the dwarf first train town wearing an item master outfit outside of the in and a little south. She's standing next to the girl who will trade in your fireworks.

I've been using SoftEther for my VPN, but it occasionally crashes on me.  When it does, DQX logs me out and shows me an error message.  As of recent, when my VPN appears to be working fine, I get the same error message upon logging in.  Did I get banned or something, or is there just something wonky going on with the servers?

uWNeCA.png

Just an fyi, the "Defeat Estark" event for some reason doesn't automatically distribute prizes.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/event/yakubarai2016

eventpage_zpsrshxebpn.png

Near the bottom of the page where the red text appears in this screenshot (I already accepted the prize so the red button isn't here) you can receive your reward for the event. On the following page, click the button with the mail icon to receive your reward in-game in your mailbox.

You do not have had to actually participated, this reward is available for ANY character. If you want the reward on your sub characters too, just switch characters on the hiroba site and get the reward again. This can be done once per character until the 31st.

Don't forget it! Free stuff!

Hey guys, quick question, maybe beyond the scope of this thread.

I've been having some trouble with my account over the last couple of days. I recently reinstalled DQX and upon launching the game for the first time accidentally entered the wrong password.  I had forgotten that my SE account was tied to an out-of-date email address and as a result I did not receive the account recovery/password reset email.

I reupped the old email address but when I request the account recovery email from the SE account page, I receive nothing.  Is there a case whereby these emails would take a while to send out? I figured they were automatic.  Either way, I figure it's worth asking about in here.  Worried that I may have lost 400 or so hours of game time. 

The password doesn't get changed until you actually change it. The IP change could lock your account, but that's only if the distance between IPs is too far. I'd try hitting up theSE site to change the email.

Thanks for the advice.  When I try nd sign into the account management system it gives me a message about recovering my account as it's been suspended temporarily.  However, the email they;re supposed to send me never comes through.  I should note that I am not using a VPN when attempting to sign in, would that help?

VPN would help with the game client. Not so sure about their site. You are positive the email you reactivated is the correct one?

Edited by Ashes