DQX Questions and Answers

Question, I have the Wii version of 1 & 2 but I haven't been able to change my Wii region... Is the 3ds edition worth getting?

Question, I have the Wii version of 1 & 2 but I haven't been able to change my Wii region... Is the 3ds edition worth getting?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm posting the questions and answers here from a conversation with Alexandrious over the messaging system. Feel free to add your own questions and I will try to answer them.   Warning: I have avoi

A process that involves sandblasting the pan and the use of a primer. You can read about it here.

Depends on your class.   Hereis the upper armor list. You can use the links at the top to navigate to the other pieces of armor/weapons. The best is crafted.     Yes, though until next week or

Posted Images

It's good as a supplement for when you go on a trip, or when a new version comes out and you're waiting for a physical copy to come in, but the lag makes it very hard to recommend as a primary version.

You'll need to use AnyRegionChanger to change your Wii's region, and also delete your Nintendo Wii Shop account too.

There are serious consequences to doing this.  It will cost you every single one of your downloaded games, and you won't be able to get them back.  There is also a risk of bricking your Wii while trying to change the region and load the Japanese OS.

After all of that, you still need to connect your Wii to a PC in order to share the Internet and connect through the VPN.

If I may be so bold, is there a reason you aren't getting the PC version?  That's far and away the easiest and cheapest version to get started on, and is what most of the team uses.

Which NPCs examine the Expert Orb gems? Is there kanji in front of their names?

They're the NPCs in black with é”人 in front of their names. The easiest ones to access (in v1) are in Rakkaran on the way to the Medal King (he's on the left before the stairs), or the one really close to the West exit in Orphea.

Okay, thanks. How do I get the NPC to examine my item so that it doesn't have a question mark beside it? Right now, I have four items in my inventory that have names like this:

æ°´ã®å®ç ï¼Ÿ

But talking to the NPC doesn't seem to give me an option for him to examine them. (Right now, most of the options are greyed out.)

OK, I know this question has been asked plenty of times before, but I don't remember where: What times, exactly, are Kids' Times? I thought it was 12:00am-2:00am PST (I don't remember the actual times in Japan) but I just tried to log in and it wouldn't let me play.

... Can you only log in once a day on Kids' Time? I did log in once but didn't actually start the game because my controller wasn't set up, I had to back out and go to the configurator.

Okay, thanks. How do I get the NPC to examine my item so that it doesn't have a question mark beside it? Right now, I have four items in my inventory that have names like this:

æ°´ã®å®ç ï¼Ÿ

But talking to the NPC doesn't seem to give me an option for him to examine them. (Right now, most of the options are greyed out.)

They give you a few starter boards and a starter gem (for HP). You need to go through the mini-tutorial of placing that gem in a fire board before you can do anything else. 

OK, I know this question has been asked plenty of times before, but I don't remember where: What times, exactly, are Kids' Times? I thought it was 12:00am-2:00am PST (I don't remember the actual times in Japan) but I just tried to log in and it wouldn't let me play.

... Can you only log in once a day on Kids' Time? I did log in once but didn't actually start the game because my controller wasn't set up, I had to back out and go to the configurator.

Kid's Time is from:

4pm-6pm Japan Time on Mon-Fri

1pm-3pm Japan Time on Sat-Sun

Japan doesn't have daylight savings time so you'll also need to be on an hour earlier if you live in an area that currently has the clocks set back.

• 1 month later...

Um, forum noob here.

I hope I'm not "necroing" this thread or something. I just can't another thread in which I should post my question.

I just found out about the "Kids' Time" offer and would like to take advantage of it.
I'm aware of the specific time frames, I just don't know how it works or if there are prerequisites to avail of it other than having purchased the game.

You just have to log in during those times. Do note, however, that doing so means you aren't eligible as a rookie player for the referral campaigns. Cranberry and I figured that out the hard way.

Also, this thread exists for the various questions people have. No worries. (We tend to be pretty lax about that kind of stuff here anyway, just don't take advantage of it.)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Erdrick for the answers here and for my question as well about the English Patch yesterday!  :wd_coolslime: 

I don't mind not being able to participate in all the game events/campaigns though.
I just completed the first part of the offline mode but I don't think I can start playing online yet as I only have the trial installed. I still need to save up for the game and I'm wondering if I should buy DQ Heroes or this one; 

Because of the unlikeliness of Square releasing future DQ titles to the west, I'm learning Japanese and I thought that this would be a good game to help me get more familiar with reading and understanding it and I'm also a big fan of MMORPGs. 
I just gave the English Patch a try so I could hurry and find out how the battle system works and I like it.

On the other hand, I used to like Dynasty Warriors (I only find it fun when I play with someone). I'm not really into action/hack-and-slash games  but after reading a lot of good reviews so far, I'm slowly starting to lean on getting this first. I'm also a big fan of crossover games and thinking about DQ characters from different titles interacting with each other seems to make up for my lack of enthusiasm for action games.

:)

Edited by Lightpost

I *think* you can play free until lv 20 with the trial. I'm not sure though.

Heroes is good too though. I don't really like hack and slash games usually, but I've had a lot of fun with Heroes. Don't pass it up.

• Upvote 1

I *think* you can play free until lv 20 with the trial. I'm not sure though.

Heroes is good too though. I don't really like hack and slash games usually, but I've had a lot of fun with Heroes. Don't pass it up.

Sadly, after choosing my race, the game now asks me to register/purchase the full version before I can continue with the second part of the offline mode which ups the level cap from 10 to 20.

I guess that means that, unlike some MMORPGs, the trial version for this game doesn't really mean you can get to play online for free for just a limited time. Instead, this trial just lets you play the first part of the offline mode which is level capped to 10. 

Those wanting to play during Kids' Time means that they should buy the full game.

Thanks for the input! I think I'll get Heroes first then!

Edited by Lightpost

Ah, alright! So that means the trial doesn't expire, it's just that I can't go past level 20 when playing online?

I think I'll be getting this by new year instead of DQ Heroes. I gave the latter a try in a store, it already has Alena and Kiryl unlocked and I'm not so sure if seeing the other characters would be enough for me to finish it. Fighting the "enemies" feels a lot like cutting grass in a Zelda game. Heck, when I think back about it, cutting  grass in a Zelda game was oddly satisfying to me than hacking across DQ monster hordes that don't put up a fight.

Anyway, thanks for the infos!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I keep getting a weird error when I open the game...I can play offline fine, but here's a screenshot of the main menu:

tumblr_nzty0qhRFA1v2f16yo1_1280.png

I have no idea what it says, so I can't exactly find a way to fix it...

I don't know exactly what that message says, but it appears you are unable to connect to the server.

Ok so a long time ago on Kotaku I read that if your DQX online character is inactive for 3 months it gets deleted... is that true?  Is there any period of inactivity where your character would get deleted?  Can anyone please confirm this?

Ok so a long time ago on Kotaku I read that if your DQX online character is inactive for 3 months it gets deleted... is that true?  Is there any period of inactivity where your character would get deleted?  Can anyone please confirm this?

It seems unlikely that they will follow through on that. Saigan still has his original character and was inactive for at least a year, there are also lots of characters registered in the team that I haven't seen online in basically forever.

I think they reserve the right to delete your character if you are inactive for three months or more. But it's unlikely they'd ever do so, as someone who has to start all over again is less likely to return to an MMO than someone who can pick up where they left off. And SE is a company that supposedly wants money. (Although their track record is spotty when it comes to actually doing things to make money...)

Kotaku is just a clickbait site. Most mmos prune trail accounts or characters not retail accounts. MMO subscribers unsub all the time , they want you back(your money).