DQX Questions and Answers

- The one I am using now "Amazon EC2" + "Putty" + "Proxifier", requires a bit more work to set up, but there are guides out there and shouldn't be difficult. Having set it up, I have made it so that only DQX connects to the VPN, while the rest remains the same as usual.

Can you give a bit more info about how to set this up? Does it cost much to run through Amazon?

Don't suppose the 3DS version works outside of Japan (on a Japanese 3DS, of course) or is it also IP blocked?

I believe the 3DS version is not IP blocked but it won't work without a high connection speed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm posting the questions and answers here from a conversation with Alexandrious over the messaging system. Feel free to add your own questions and I will try to answer them.   Warning: I have avoi

A process that involves sandblasting the pan and the use of a primer. You can read about it here.

Depends on your class.   Hereis the upper armor list. You can use the links at the top to navigate to the other pieces of armor/weapons. The best is crafted.     Yes, though until next week or

Posted Images

Hey everybody! This week I had to reinstall windows on my computer. Last night I installed DQX again and can get online perfectly fine. However, I cannot seem to get into the single player mode. Instead of a blue single player button in the launcher, I get a block of japanese text. Could anybody tell me what's going on?

2uppmo9.png

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out I could select that text and copy it into google translate. Turns out the launcher wasn't registered with my account. In case somebody else runs into this problem, click the left parchment button in the left collumn. Then click the default option in the popup box. Then sign in to online (Under step 2... Assuming you've registered the game previously, you can skip step 1.)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • 3 months later...

1a87b7cd5a.png

hai, mimas

Getting this after disconnecting in a run with Polan last night.

Edit:

Thanks, Mimas.  Apparently I just need to wait this out.

4df999be64.png

Edited by Phanir

I haven't finished the new June Bride quest yet (started it, saw it required a specific gender/race/class teammate and to say "çµå©šãŠã‚ã§ã¨ã†ï¼"(roumaji = Kekkon Omedetou!) by the bell, but then got distracted with the Megaman game announcement...lol ).

Before I go back to it, does anyone know if we can hire NPC's for this, or is it like the fukubiki quest in Gatara, where we need to bring a real player?

Thanks!

Edited by MKVarana

Completed it on all 3 of my characters with help from team mates. You do have to say the phrase yourself, but it still cannot be done with AI as AI do not follow you around in town maps.

Got lucky and got human/male after one reset, so I got yesterday's quickly enough by myself.  Still going to be a pain to do if no one is one, but at least each respin has a 2 in 12 chance to be our character, assuming we have all classes.

Edited by MKVarana
  • 4 weeks later...

You'll get the key via email along with it being posted under of games downloads. Also, double post but I answered both.

I may need an alternative way.  The game download will not allow it due to it being Japan only.  I never really imported a software download before.  Can you tell me how to perform this and bypass this?

Edit: Solved, they just had to clarify my credit card.  Got the keys for V1 and V2 now.  Now what I need is someone whos been playing the PC version to tell me what each option in the video display section of the options does.  Its all in ???? and the example given to me is very outdated from what I can see. 

Edited by Alexandrious

You'll get the key via email along with it being posted under of games downloads. Also, double post but I answered both.

I may need an alternative way.  The game download will not allow it due to it being Japan only.  I never really imported a software download before.  Can you tell me how to perform this and bypass this?

Edit: Solved, they just had to clarify my credit card.  Got the keys for V1 and V2 now.  Now what I need is someone whos been playing the PC version to tell me what each option in the video display section of the options does.  Its all in ???? and the example given to me is very outdated from what I can see. 

If you run the game using AppLocale, you'll get actual JP text instead of ???, which can then be run through the google translate app or similar... a slight improvement at least :)

Nice that works. Now lets see what the hell may be causing the stutter at times, otherwise recording at max quality with Nvidia Codec I always get 60 fps. Need to find a onscreen translator for the options then. Otherwise until someone who can read all the options and translate what each one does and its individual options to me, I cant fix this stutter problem.  It has to be related to render distance.  

Edited by Alexandrious

Additional Post.

I figured out what the problem is.  Nothing I can do on my end basically unless someone can tell me exactly what each option does maybe I can crank something up or down to fix this.

But basically as everyone well knows, DQX has a separate client for the offline and the online.  Considering that the offline campaign hasnt been touched thus far, unless they added something in V3.0 to extend it.  The Offline client basically has not been optimized for a very long time.  Thus new cards created past its last optimization checks may encounter weird fps drops or stuttering.  Nothing I can do about it unless I wanna put back in my old GTX 580 card for it. But its hardly something that will affect me.  Online pretty much I can Video record at 1920 1080 at 1080p 60fps at 100 percent quality perfectly at 60fps, same for offline but I will get those stutters regardless in offline mode. Online, its absolutely perfect, not a single drop below 60.

If perhaps someone with the PC version, or someone who can download the trial real quick onto the computer and knows how to read the language can tell me, with the advanced settings turned on, what every button and drop list does and can do. Would be very helpful.  I can maybe then try a setting or two to see if I can stop the stuttering.  At this point I dont even know if im playing the game at Lowest presets or highest lol. 

Only other thing I maybe can do is rollback my driver to something over a year ago but....doubt that may do anything.

Edited by Alexandrious

The only people who've touched offline mode in several months are the good folks of Narubia Translations. *wink*

Has anyone here played the 3DS version of DQX?  I know it had a very rocky launch, but I'm mostly wondering if you need to use a VPN to access the servers

Has anyone here played the 3DS version of DQX?  I know it had a very rocky launch, but I'm mostly wondering if you need to use a VPN to access the servers

You do not need a VPN, though from my experiences with it (I'm on the east coast, USA) I can't recommend it as your primary version, do to the lag.

I've run into an annoying problem. When I try to use windows IME to type in Japanese in game all that shows up are question marks. I don't have this issue anywhere else, outside of the game I can type Japanese just fine. Anyone else dealt with this issue? Maybe I accidentally changed something when I was fiddling with the settings the other day because I used to be able to do it.

I've run into an annoying problem. When I try to use windows IME to type in Japanese in game all that shows up are question marks. I don't have this issue anywhere else, outside of the game I can type Japanese just fine. Anyone else dealt with this issue? Maybe I accidentally changed something when I was fiddling with the settings the other day because I used to be able to do it.

You have to run DQX through Microsoft's AppLocal program to get the IME to work with it. Dunno why.