DQX Questions and Answers

I got an error after attempting to tunnel through AWS:

29xge1c.png

And even after shutting off Widecap I get the same error (although the "via WideCap" part is gone).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm posting the questions and answers here from a conversation with Alexandrious over the messaging system. Feel free to add your own questions and I will try to answer them.   Warning: I have avoi

A process that involves sandblasting the pan and the use of a primer. You can read about it here.

Depends on your class.   Hereis the upper armor list. You can use the links at the top to navigate to the other pieces of armor/weapons. The best is crafted.     Yes, though until next week or

Posted Images

I got an error after attempting to tunnel through AWS:

29xge1c.png

And even after shutting off Widecap I get the same error (although the "via WideCap" part is gone).

I have heard that WideCap is not working for connection via AWS for DQX but I didn't give it a try myself.

It turns out nothing was getting proxied through my WideCap setup, so I switched to Proxifier. D:

Does each account have to purchase their own client, or can any account play on somebody else's client? 

It turns out nothing was getting proxied through my WideCap setup, so I switched to Proxifier. D:

Does each account have to purchase their own client, or can any account play on somebody else's client?

Guessing you can play your account on any client but not acrossing platforms (unless your account is all-in-one type). Edited by Murd

I mean, if I were to create another Square Enix account, for my mom, without buying the game again, could she play on my client, as long as we paid the sub fee?

You would have to buy the game again, but she would be able to play on your client.

(You need the registration code).

Aargh.

Oh well, it turns out my mom's not renewing her internet yet anyways.

Aargh.

Aargh.

So I'm thinking of getting the trial soon, despite stalling forever and ever. (I still don't understand VPNs, though, so this'll be annoying)

Even if I decide against it, there's a question that I've always wondered. I've always wanted to choose the little tiny green race, but from what I've seen, they're Mages. Is it possible to switch classes? I'd like to be one of the green dudes, but be, say, a warrior. (I've never enjoyed having my main character be a Mage in RPGs.)

Is that possible?

Race and class are two separate concepts. In the game, and in real life.

Anyways, by tiny little green race, do you mean Pupliko, or Dwarf? (You can choose skin color, so...) I'm a Pupliko thief, but the default Pupliko outfit does look a little mage-like. (Really, it's a Jester outfit I think. Such a pity...)

We shouldn't just ignore this guy.  This is our chance to speak about the game.

I've found this to be the most engaging Dragon Quest game yet.  It being an MMO has not tainted the heart of being Dragon Quest.  There is a very engaging story, with characters full of personality.  The battle mode has necessarily been tweaked to add a real-time element to it, but it still largely feels like that classic Dragon Quest battle system we grew up with.  It's not strictly turn based but it still has the turn based feel to it.  It reminds me of Final Fantasy 4 in that enemies won't wait for you to make up your mind.  The addition of movement in battle adds a nice dynamic to the system.

I think this will go down as a legend to those that play it, but will probaby always have the stigma attached to it by people that judged it for being an MMO, but never actualy tried it.

Alright guys, I really won't be getting this game, but I wanted to ask. How does it measure up? Is it going to go down in DQ legend, or is it just average? I've heard overall good reviews so far, and I want to confirm my suspicion that I should play it if I ever get the chance.

I've decided: today is the day I start my DQX adventure.

I have one question, though. 

Does using a VPN mess anything up in my PC? When I want to go back to normal, do I need to do anything special?

I haven´t had any problems with mine. 

From the ones I have used:

- SoftEther requires you to simply disconnect the VPN when you are done. 

- The one I am using now "Amazon EC2" + "Putty" + "Proxifier", requires a bit more work to set up, but there are guides out there and shouldn't be difficult. Having set it up, I have made it so that only DQX connects to the VPN, while the rest remains the same as usual. 

Edited by Nyum

I'll be using SoftEther.

Could you give me a brie explanation on how to connect and disconnect the VPN? It's the big thing that has kept me from playing X.

After opening the program you will click on a field that will bring up a list of servers to connect. After clicking on the server you are interested in, it will connect, and it will show that you are connected to it. Right clicking on it will give you an option to disconnect. After you have disconnected everything is back to normal.

1: Open the server list.

2: Choose a server, click on it to connect.

3: Right click on it, choose disconnect. Your connection is back to how it used to be without the VPN

The computer isn't in front of me, so the exact details might not be completely correct, but that is the general gist of it.

I'm probably an annoyance by now, but I have one last(?) question. :P

I have the game installed, and everything ready to go, except SoftEther. When I went to the download page, it gives me a bunch of options, like VPN Client, VPN Server, and many more. Which one am I supposed to get?

Also, how will I know which VPN is a Japanese one?

I'm probably an annoyance by now, but I have one last(?) question. :P

I have the game installed, and everything ready to go, except SoftEther. When I went to the download page, it gives me a bunch of options, like VPN Client, VPN Server, and many more. Which one am I supposed to get?

Also, how will I know which VPN is a Japanese one?

I think it was from this site. Where you get the SoftEther client, as well as a plugin that gives you a list of servers to connect to. 

The server the country belongs to is listed.

Edited by Nyum

Yes

But consider these things: speed, ping, and uptime. You'll want a high connection speed with low ping. You'll probably want an uptime of 1~2 days. Any lower and it's likely a very temporary VPN. Any higher, and the speed seems to decrease for reason. Also, look for one with few people connected at once. It's hard to find one that meets all these criteria, but do your best to find a balance.

Soft Ether really sucks. If you decide to buy the game, I recommend setting up an AWS proxy. I know the process looks a little daunting, but if you need help, I'll give you a hand over Skype or something.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Another point against SoftEther: As you may soon realize, you'll have to change your SE Password nearly every time you play, as your Japanese IP will be different every time you log in.

Another point against SoftEther: As you may soon realize, you'll have to change your SE Password nearly every time you play, as your Japanese IP will be different every time you log in.

Setting up the security token on your smartphone elevates this problem.

- The one I am using now "Amazon EC2" + "Putty" + "Proxifier", requires a bit more work to set up, but there are guides out there and shouldn't be difficult. Having set it up, I have made it so that only DQX connects to the VPN, while the rest remains the same as usual.

Can you give a bit more info about how to set this up? Does it cost much to run through Amazon?

Don't suppose the 3DS version works outside of Japan (on a Japanese 3DS, of course) or is it also IP blocked?