Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

Thanks a lot for the explanation Mimas!

I would love to digg further into the game, since my only experiences are Saigan's videos and some others I watch on youtube. Who knows, maybe one day I'll either play the Japanese version or they'll release a western one.

Ohh and another quick question here (sorry about that).
I've been watching Saigan's LP, and he seems to be switching from Human to Ogre and vice-versa. So, it is possible to switch your race back and forth after you complete that quest that turns you back into human?

Thanks for the attention guys!

Without getting too spoiler-y, can you tell me something about this guy?

http://www.dqx.jp/storage/img/info/character/section02/18.jpg

His name is apparently something like Fostel or something (not sure how you'd make Fuosuteiru look not gibberish).  He is literally the cutest thing Akira Toriyama has ever drawn and I hope he becomes a plush because I would hug the hell out of that thing

Wonder what that armor is the paladin is wearing, never seen it before. Wonder if using some gladiator points to max out Mace, about 40 points would be worth it...eh maybe cap will raise to 65 or something. He seems to get hit pretty hard, theirs no Buff spells for defense?

Edited by Alexandrious

Without getting too spoiler-y, can you tell me something about this guy?

http://www.dqx.jp/storage/img/info/character/section02/18.jpg

His name is apparently something like Fostel or something (not sure how you'd make Fuosuteiru look not gibberish).  He is literally the cutest thing Akira Toriyama has ever drawn and I hope he becomes a plush because I would hug the hell out of that thing

Fostel is a bawsssss! He plays a couple roles in the story and has shown himself to be a pretty powerful caster at least once so far. I haven't even finished all the Pukuripo stuff yet either.

Sorry, did not notice all of these ^_^;

Thanks a lot for the explanation Mimas!

Ohh and another quick question here (sorry about that).

I've been watching Saigan's LP, and he seems to be switching from Human to Ogre and vice-versa. So, it is possible to switch your race back and forth after you complete that quest that turns you back into human?

Yeah, once you turn human you can switch at anytime using the church.

He is literally the cutest thing Akira Toriyama has ever drawn and I hope he becomes a plush because I would hug the hell out of that thing

I would too. He has had about three appearances in the game, and I expect we will see more of him in the future as well.

Wonder what that armor is the paladin is wearing, never seen it before. Wonder if using some gladiator points to max out Mace, about 40 points would be worth it...eh maybe cap will raise to 65 or something. He seems to get hit pretty hard, theirs no Buff spells for defense?

Spiked Armour I believe. It was in DQIX as well. There are spells to increase defense, you can see in that last video that the Paladin casts it on himself at 3:38. Level cap is going up to 65.

Mimas-chan, could you link a skill simulator when Gladiator, Sage and lv 65 is added? Not sure if the one you gave before will update anymore or not.

The site was just updated (bug fix) a few weeks ago, so I am sure that the person behind it will be on the ball for the update. Took them a day for 1.2, so I expect it will take them about that much time again. Not only does the program need to respond to the new jobs, but to the level cap increase as well after all.

Have any of the update and patches that have been released had any affect on the offline game?

Nope, nothing yet. In interviews the developers seemed reluctant to add to that story, so I think if they do add anything it would not be until version 2.0 comes out at least. Even then, it is more likely that the sibling story will have added content in the online version rather than them adding anything more to offline.

-Are the stat-enhancing seeds in this game? From what I've seen in videos and read some about, I haven't noticed them anywhere.-

Nope. The developers have responded to requests in the suggestion section that they are too powerful for an online game in this portion of its lifecycle.

I've seen a 3DS application on the DQX website. How does that work exactly?

Thanks!

I've seen a 3DS application on the DQX website. How does that work exactly?

Thanks!

There a couple one is used for streetpassing in real life with people using the 3DS, the second is a card game that gives you items and stuff in the Wii game.
  • Upvote 1

Not Mimas, but looks great.

Just to note, dual wielding is probably not the highest dps. Highest on the cool factor, though.

Also, Paladin 100 skill is worthless. Well maybe not worthless, but pretty close.

Just to note, dual wielding is probably not the highest dps. Highest on the cool factor, though.

Also, Paladin 100 skill is worthless. Well maybe not worthless, but pretty close.

What does the ability do exactly?

It's defend, but blocks more damage.

It's defend, but blocks more damage.

Wouldnt that be useful then for really hard hitting mobs your trying to keep away from your ranged/casters?

Well you can't move and you can't use skills. In harder fights you really want to be constantly doing stuff rather than stand in one spot hoping that enemy plays sumo with you.

I see, Maybe ill take the points then to place into Mace for +attack.

Is Gigaslash or Land Impact worth having?

Edited by Alexandrious

Gigaslash is super useful for power leveling 1-40ish in a group. It can also damage high defense enemies in a desperate situation. But mostly useful for leveling.

Land Impact I have no idea, but I'd wager Cancelshot is sufficient if you want to a cancelling move.

Are there still moves like Hatchet Man for killing Metals? Or do you have to rely on plain old auto attacks?

There are multi attack skills, a crit or nothing skill, and bonus to metal skills and equipment.

People usually just use multi attack skills.

There are multi attack skills, a crit or nothing skill, and bonus to metal skills and equipment.

People usually just use multi attack skills.

I remember watching the Jump Festa metal slime event, multi-attack vs crit-or-miss. Can't remember who won though, but I had a blast placing bets with my bro  :)

Anyone seen how the tablet is used for the Wii U version? Is it just for menus/maps? Can it be used for the whole game?