Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

I may be planning to import this game. I already got my questions answered already regarding how to set up account, VPN, monthly fees, etc. My bigger questions though are how to play this game. I'm not familiar with Japanese and I'm just wondering now how much will English play guides help me? I'm aware of there being quests in the game which require you to type in Japanese, and this being a Dragon Quest game it primarily is text based so there will be plenty of difficulty with playing this once I do decide to import.

If you have ever played DQ series before you should be figured out everything quickly. You will have to grind countless hours for building up your character and to be strong enough to progress the game story line. There are some side quests which give you rewards/ exp/ unlock some useful contents like other MMO.

Try to read all threads or search for key word that might answer your question as much as possible so you will get some ideas what to do when you start DQX. Everyone is here for you to support.

After Trass and I finally beat v1 a few weeks ago, I tried to install v2...

ygfd23jg.png

Can someone translate this for me? I already registered the expansion, but it seems I still need to run the installer.

An error occured, if you have any question please go to the Dragon Quest X support site to see what the problem is. 

http://support.jp.square-enix.com/main.php?id=2620

Not sure what the problem is, searching for the error isn´t giving me any result. 

Edited by Nyum

Thanks for the translation. Wow..., that's not very specific.

Mh... Is there a place to download the digital version of DQXVer2Installer.exe? Mine is from the initial disc release of v2. I'm pretty sure the version 1 installer was available on the official DQX site, so maybe there's place for the expansion installer as well?

Not really no... message me on skype when I'm on, and I can help you out though. 

sighs.....after more FFXIV, I really want DQX all the more now. Because of how you dont need a Team or guild for nearly everything, just make a few friends ya can rely on and thats it. 

After 16 years of mmo play I can finally reason that the human race cannot be saved.  Told my gf who wants to play almost as badly as I do, doesnt matter how great, how nice, her Team she finds is, I will never, ever, join one.  

DQX is the one mmo I really think perfect for me after all the ones I played, and the irony is, cannot even play it, thanks to SEs poor business decisions.  Sighs.....

Well you are free to play it. After all we all have been. I am at least willing ot help any new person set things up and play with them. The sooner you start the better especially since I doubt the menu translations will be done any time soon.

I'm importing this game, but I share your pain though. I know nothing about reading Japanese, nor do I have any idea on how to get started on learning how to read and speak the language. My copy will probably be in soon (ordered physical PC) and will try and fumble my way around a Japanese MMO. :S it's upsetting, but I have no choice. Square Enix has no clue what to do with X (or rather the Dragon Quest franchise as a whole like the VII remake) regarding outside releases, and yet they still sit there and say that every major Dragon Quest deserves a chance outside Japan. Make up your mind and hurry up! I'm getting impatient for once regarding game localisations.

64f9bba866.jpg

Anyone know what that pink orb is? We gave our lil buddy a level 80 wand after her first reincarnation, to much excitement, and she now has this status effect in most of the battles! What might it be? (And yeah the halo is auto-revive)

Edited by Gigglepuffy

Managed to hit level 80 (finally) today after much procrastination. Wouldn't have been possible without Mimas, Cranberry, Ashes, Gen, Dragon, and everyone else on the forum who's helped me; either with setting up, doing quests or grinding xp. Thank you!

Anyway, back to asking questions; I swapped over to fighter (monk?) so I could work on levels for the passive line, but I quickly realized that XP from monsters scales with level. Where can I go for leveling until Bazaks? I did 1-65 pre 2.0, and Metal Mazes + Metal Coins from 65-80 for the most part so everything I know about leveling up is very very inefficient.

EDIT: P.S. besides passives what can give a substantial HP bonus? I notice Warriors with 470-510+ HP but I've got about 335 at 80.

Edited by MoonRider

64f9bba866.jpg

Anyone know what that pink orb is? We gave our lil buddy a level 80 wand after her first reincarnation, to much excitement, and she now has this status effect in most of the battles! What might it be? (And yeah the halo is auto-revive)

Immune to abnormal status effects I guess.

I have no idea how the game's cross play and things work, so I have a few questions.

1. Let's say I start on the PC, make an account. Could I use the same account on another platform? i.e. Wii U, 3DS

2. Are all players from all platforms playing together? For example, if a friend was using a 3DS and I was using a PC, could we still play together?

Thgank youooooo Murd!!

I have no idea how the game's cross play and things work, so I have a few questions.

1. Let's say I start on the PC, make an account. Could I use the same account on another platform? i.e. Wii U, 3DS

2. Are all players from all platforms playing together? For example, if a friend was using a 3DS and I was using a PC, could we still play together?

Yup! You have a Square Enix account, which has your character info on it, and there are like 30+ servers, all of which play together. All systems use them. Server 33 is where we play and you can log on to it on any console and it'll be the same one.

Cool, thanks!

Another thing: I've been considering playing, but I'm still kinda confused even after all the help I've received. :P Could you tell me exactly where and how to download the trial, give me a little bit of info on the differences between the trial and the full game, and tell me anything else I need to play? I'd love to play with you guys sometime soon :D

Edited by gooieooie

The Trial is essentially the normal game client except limited to level 20 if you do decide to grab the game you will need to redownload the client for 2.0. In the Getting started on PC thread has a good process on how to get the trial I beleive in the main page stickied part.

No, the trial does not require a subscription.

On another note, anyone know how to type japanese characters on the PC version? You have to shout something at the Christmas Event NPC to get the quest, but I cant type the phrases to start it.

SO I COULD PLAY ONLINE WITH EVERYONE...

FOR FREE. :o

Holy moley I am SO gonna play soon. :D

No, the trial does not require a subscription.

On another note, anyone know how to type japanese characters on the PC version? You have to shout something at the Christmas Event NPC to get the quest, but I cant type the phrases to start it.

Okay make sure you have IME Installed and or activated. Now the best way to use IME is make sure that you have DQX in windowed mode cause if you have full screen you cant alt tab between the two to switch to katakan or whichever alphabet you need.

If you have the romaji you can turn on writing in romaji and convert it properly with f5-7 or something.

If it's the same as last year, it should go like this:

メ: me

リ: ri

ー: -

ク: ku

リ: ri

ス: su

マ: ma

ス: su

Not really no... message me on skype when I'm on, and I can help you out though.

Thank you Ashes! Well, I found a solution for my problem. I just installed v2 on a virtual machine and replaced the files on my real hardware - works perfectly now! Just in case I checked the registry to see if there were any necessary entries for v2, but all I found was for the main game, so I think I'm fine.

Does anybody know if the bonus stats for accessories are totally random, or are they drawn from a pool of stats based on the accessory?

Does anybody know if the bonus stats for accessories are totally random, or are they drawn from a pool of stats based on the accessory?

Drawn from a pool of stats based on the accessory.

Examples:

Battle Choker: HP 1, 2, Atk 1, 2, 3, 5

Sorcery Ring: MP 1, 2, 3, 4, Def 1, 2, +1 MP recovery on battle victory

Silver Rosary: HP 1, 2, 3, Def 1, 2, 3, 4, +5% chance to survive a fatal attack with 1 HP

You can check them all here: http://bazaar.d-quest-10.com/list/d_accessory/pop_2.html

That all said, a huge chunk of that list will be invalid come 2.4 as Rine is getting a bit of an upgrade.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/fb89705ae6d743bf1e848c206e16a1d7/

If you scroll down to ã‚ã®ãƒªãƒ¼ãƒã•ã‚“ãŒã€ã¤ã„ã«â€¦ï¼ï¼Ÿ on that page you'll see a list of accessories that are having their stat pools changed.

In general: They're removing unpopular effects from those accessories like Defense and Style bonuses (exceptions being things that are intended to be used for that purpose. Like the Style Brooch, and Venus Tear won't have those bonuses removed because of their already high base style).

They are also increasing the chances that the better effects will be attached to the accessories. Battle Choker was mentioned in the list, but it doesn't have any Def/Style boosts. They're increasing the chances that the higher grade effects, mainly Atk +5, will be the effect you get.

Simply put: If you want to combine accessories in this list and are aiming for the best possible ones you can get. Don't until Christmas Day.

I know I can't wait... tons of equips I need to combine and they're all listed.