Sign in to follow this  
kandouerik

Online Stone Trading; Sign of US Release?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/02/dragon-quest-vii-brings-its-streetpass-stone-trading-feature-online/

They announced that Dragon Quest VII is going to feature street pass - but also an online option, for trading Stones. That sounds to me like a change added specifically to make the system work better for a non-Japanese audience, don't you think?

I sure hope they announce US releases for the various Dragon Quest games. Dragon Quest Terry's Wonderland would definitely be first, right? At least this news about the Stones sounds promising. (at least on the N3DS front)

I wouldn't say that's a reason, some people in the country side of Japan were out of luck as well for DQIX streetpass, it is most likely for them.

I'd say it only natural for them to invest in online features to expand the game. What the article mentions how inefective the streetpass features were outside of Japan, anything more than that is just speculation. Nonetheless, we can only gain from this if we get the game eventually.

I think it could be taken either way. In Dragon Quest IX(9) the trading system wasn't online because basically everyone who played games had a copy. I don't think Japan needs this feature seeing how well DQ9 did.

I like to take this as a North American signal because not many people play Dragon Quest in the U.S. Don't get me wrong, it has a strong fan base but not strong enough to be able to pass someone on the way to Wal-Mart. I predicted this would happen when I thought, "if they do bring this to the states, we would barely get any shards/stones!" Good move Squeenix.

Made an entire topic on this. Woo.