Sign in to follow this  
redneckpride4ever

Ok this might sound crazy...

I'm gonna be getting back into keeping aquariums. I plan to have multiple tanks (I still have my Pabst Blue Ribbon background and Redneck flag patch from my last betta tank). In addition to revamping and improving my hillbilly tank, I want a DQ tank.

I'm sure I can have a print shop make a decent background, but does anyone know where to get custom aquarium ornaments?

I have been able to easily track down aquarium decorations made to look like used tires, rusty pickup trucks and the like, but since I can't even find Japanese DQ decorations, I'm trying to find some viable solutions.

Any thoughts? Or any fellow fish enthusiasts?

Isn't there a way to put vinyl on the inside/outside of your tank? You'll likely have to get it custom-made.

And I think Play Asia still has some DQ figurines, and ebay always has 'em, put some Slimes and that blue rocky crap in there, just scotchguard the slimes or somethin.

As far as I know vinyl is not aquarium safe. I'll have to see if plastic figurines make the cut. Even if vinyl was safe, I would bet money scotchgard is not.

Never even kept goldfish, but I'm sure there's something you can get custom-printing on.

And scotchguard was kind of a catchall, I think there's something in craft stores you can spray on plastic-etc to keep it good in water.

When I say aquarium safe, I mean fish safe.

If you ever keep a goldfish, make sure the tank is at least 30 gallons for a single fish. They are not meant to be kept in bowls and they get BIG.

you should find a way to make a screen shot or a map of the underwater world in DQ6 as your background.

Man, this thread is inspiring me to work on a sunken version of Charlock castle if me and my fiancee get fish again. That'd be awesome.

How about a parade of DQ-tanks for your DQ-tank?

enforker_tank.pngdq_swordz_tank.pngcarnyvore_tank.pngfort_knight_tank.pnggolemator_tank.pngknightro_tank.png

Hmm- I'm getting inspired. I think I should first pick the theme (be it DQ5 or a generic assortment type of theme), then choose my fish accordingly. I like the DQ6 idea!