Sign in to follow this  
Mad-Mike

A guitar playing gamer appears.......

Hello there. Long time fan of Dragon Warrior/Quest games.

Currently have only played the first four for the NES and a few of the SNES translations. Currently I'm getting into shape to do some LPs for Youtube, and currently learning my way through DW/DQ 2 for the NES on my Samsung smartphone using the Moga controller I got for Christmas.

I also collect classic video games, mostly for the NES and Atari 2600. As well as tinker with the ROMs to figure out how the games work (though I'm not that good at it).

What else about me? I'm a guitar player, and I also play Bass and synthesizer. I post YT videos in my free time (what little I have as of late), am getting married in September.

Se ya'll around.

Welcome there. Please, enjoy your stay on the Den. And Congrats on getting married. Have you ever tried playing any DQ music on Bass? I'd love to here some if you have.

Welcome there. Please, enjoy your stay on the Den. And Congrats on getting married. Have you ever tried playing any DQ music on Bass? I'd love to here some if you have.

Thanks. And no full instrumentation on Bass, but I do have a few recordings where I'm playing Dragon Warrior/Quest music (full orchestration) including parts on bass (ie. Triangle channel on the 8-bit NES).

Welcome to the Den! Always good to meet another old school DW fan.

Welcome! I still feel like a newbie around here so it's fun to welcome new members ^^

Congratulations on getting married soon :) Wish you guys all the best!

I've heard a few DQ covers on YouTube so I'm always excited when a musician knows of DQ ;D

Yeah... in short :3 LOL

Welcome. Make yourself at home.

Congratulations on getting married. That is quite the achievement.

Welcome to the Den, glad you found us all here. And as the others have said, congrats on getting married. :thumbsup:

Is your wedding theme going to be DQ? 'Cause that would be awsome!

No, but I am wearing a Kilt, and I do look a bit like a thinner version of Taloon...so I'll be like his Musical Musketeered Brother.

Thanks for the congrats on the marriage. It's a busy process.

I might be posting some stuff to Youtube eventually, I do have the first four games in LP in the works (I'm working out the order to my quests to cut the grinding/slow parts out when needed). I know DWI and DWIII will be full on NES, but I want to find DWII and DWIV before I LP Those on NES cart. For some reason it feels special to be recording it off a real NES rather than emulators.

No, but I am wearing a Kilt, and I do look a bit like a thinner version of Taloon...so I'll be like his Musical Musketeered Brother.

Thanks for the congrats on the marriage. It's a busy process.

I might be posting some stuff to Youtube eventually, I do have the first four games in LP in the works (I'm working out the order to my quests to cut the grinding/slow parts out when needed). I know DWI and DWIII will be full on NES, but I want to find DWII and DWIV before I LP Those on NES cart. For some reason it feels special to be recording it off a real NES rather than emulators.

I agree, playing it in its original format feels so much better than simply playing on an emulator. But I do llke the ease of replaying games on an emulator ;D Saves me the fret of something happening to the save file.