What's your favorite team in DQIX? :overjoyed2:

I'm not talking about the best team necessarily, but what you like to play with.

I'm thinkin' 'bout restarting with 2 fighters, a Paladin and either a Priest or a Sage. Any tips for the last character? I know Priests have great healing, but I'm not sure if I used Sages right... are their support spells really only useful against bosses? I might just want a better overall healer then.

Sucks that no other physical attacking class is even close to being fast enough to compliment the martial artist. :(

Edited by Gregar_Style

I like using my Gladiator, Armentalist, Priest, and Sage. My Gladiator wrecks almost everything by itself. The others are just pawns.

Lol. :D Gladiators are too good... Kinda wish the other fighting classes could make decent comparisons with them. :/

Can't believe Armamentlists are so slow! It's a shame with all that style.

When my Gladiator isn't gladiating, he's a Luminary who is luminarying(in that even a word?)

Favorite team combo:

Armamentalist, Gladiator, Ranger and Sage.

In my wife's last playthrough, she had a gladiator trained in shields and bows in the back row. I watched her play some, and all I can say is untouchable tank.

In my wife's last playthrough, she had a gladiator trained in shields and bows in the back row. I watched her play some, and all I can say is untouchable tank.

Sounds fun. xD I might try that out... >:]

How'd ya get those images of your characters? :o Always wanted to know how people did it.

King Zenith did them(if I remember correctly). Zendor listed the thread for it.

My team is usually a combination of the following:

-Armamentalist/Ranger

-Sage/Luminary

-Gladiator/Paladin

-Priest/Sage

Choosing four is more difficult than I anticipated. I would be sold on the Armamentalist if it were faster, and Priest if it had Kazing.

My favorite tends to be

Sage/Mage

Paladin

Gladiator

Luminary

My team consists of a minstrel, a mage, and two priests, though I am thinking about a second playthrough with the same minstrel, but with a paladin (warrior at first), armamentalist (thief at first), and priest.

I my first save, against legacy bosses I used:

Gladiator

Paladin

Ranger

Priest

The Preist used to be a Sage, but after the boss reaches a certain level (6o+ maybe) a Sage just isn't enough to keep healing. I level Nimzo up to level 99, this way. Now that I'm playing the game again, I'll try sothing different, maybe and Armamentalist and a Luminary into the mix.

Edited by Billy MK

I my first save, against legacy bosses I used:

Gladiator

Paladin

Ranger

Priest

The Preist used to be a Sage, but after the boss reaches a certain (60 level a Sage just isn't enough to keep healing. I level Nimzo up to level 99, this way. Now that I'm playing the game again, I'll try sothing different, maybe and Armamentalist and a Luminary into the mix.

Interesting point on the Priest VS Sage... :D

What's the Ranger specialize in? I was never quite sure.

Three Gladiators and a Sage.

Any reason for a Sage over a Priest? o: Seems pretty ambitious. Kabuff?

What's the Ranger specialize in? I was never quite sure.

Well, they have high deftness... I don't really think they're that usefull, they can come up like a half-assed healer/reviver if you main healer dies.The ranger in my party was mainly for casting Fource on everyone (with the Armamentalist Manual), and then to keep using Helm Splitter on the boss to lower it's defence.

Edited by Billy MK

I personally liked the Ranger's mix of power and clerical ability. Better than they are in DQVI, at least.

Loool Billy MK tellin' it like it is. xD

I guess a secondary healer does make it a lil' easier on the more "tame" bosses. Not a bad idea using Helm Splitter for that effect.

I just restarted, but my team always has a priest, a mage, a paladin, and a warrior (unless I'm using other vocations to funnel skill points into certain areas).

The mage might become a sage later on in this go-around, though...

BTW, I love to equip my mages and priests with MP-restoring items, and I give my paladin the meteor bracer so that s/he can smite things quicker.

My favorite team has to have an armamentalist. It's the first class you can unlock that uses bows. The ranger class can use bows, but Windy, the long-winded armamentalist, can teach you how to harnass the FOURCE. Odval is found at Lonely Heights, and I do unlock the ranger class because of their Vanish ability. Being invisible makes metal slime hunting easier. :shifty:  

I will admit my attraction to the armamentalist class is their snazzy outfits. That fencing frock is just so cute I left it on my hero for the entirety of the game! And their spell list does have its uses, with sap and oomph, and they can dazzle a group of monsters. And there's always THE FOURCE (they should have named Windy Luke... or just called him Luke Windy).

Thieves would be next on my perfect team. Why bother buying weapons or equipment or anything if my thief can just steal what I need? Then just mix all the ingredients in the Alchemy Pot! Thieves have high agility too. And heck, early in the game their Heal spell is useful. And they know accelerate. They can equip claws too, one of my favorite weapons.

After armamentalist and thief I'd have to say sage. I think just about EVERYONE who played DQ IX upgraded their mage into a sage. Just grind enough and you're sage will be fit enough for the final battle.

Armamentalist, thief, sage, then lastly luminary. You cannot unlock luminary until the end of the game, I know, but they are still an epic class. Disco Stew! :overjoyed2: It's like summoning a harem of back-up dancers.

But when I first played the game and wasn't able to obtain the luminary class I kept a priest, just for those extra healing goodness. 

But now my favorite team is armamentalist, thief, sage, and luminary.

I want to hack DQIX so I can have Canzar.

I finished the game a while ago and now I'm testing new classes like paladin, gladiator and sage. My main character is a level 30 Paladin who can use sword, because is was a thief haha and it seems to be very good. :D