Sign in to follow this  
felixrush

Django Unchained

One of the best films ever. Unfortunately, I was stuck behind these stupid old people who made moan sounds every 5 seconds but the movie itself was great.

Is it true that it is Tarentino's most violent work? That sounds like a tall order to me. Kill Bill volume 1 was ridiculous.

I'm torn. Jamie Foxx is an $#!&$#!, but it really pissed off Spike Lee...

I haven't seen it yet. But I don't think any historical film by Tarantino is to be taken serious. Remember the death of hitler in Inglorious basterds?

Is it true that it is Tarentino's most violent work? That sounds like a tall order to me. Kill Bill volume 1 was ridiculous.

Hahaha. No. Kill Bill 1 had more gore by far. Inglorious Basterds also had more gore. At worst with Django Unchained, you get bloody shooting scenes. xD

I'm torn. Jamie Foxx is an $#!&$#!, but it really pissed off Spike Lee...

Spike Lee is an attention-seeking whore. He started this crap with Tarantino back during Jackie Brown. I stand by what Samuel L. Jackson said:

In addition, Tarantino retaliated on The Howard Stern Show by stating Lee would have to "stand on a chair to kiss my ass."[50] Samuel L. Jackson, who has appeared in both directors' films, defended Tarantino's use of the word. At the Berlin Film Festival, where Jackie Brown was being screened, Jackson responded to Lee's criticism by saying:

I don't think the word is offensive in the context of this film ... Black artists think they are the only ones allowed to use the word. Well, that's bull. Jackie Brown is a wonderful homage to
. This is a good film, and Spike hasn't made one of those in a few years.

Tarantino has defended his use of the word, arguing that black audiences have an appreciation of his blaxploitation-influenced films that eludes some of his critics, and, indeed, that Jackie Brown, another oft-cited example, was primarily made for "black audiences".[52]

Edited by felixrush

I haven't seen it yet. But I don't think any historical film by Tarantino is to be taken serious. Remember the death of hitler in Inglorious basterds?

Who the hell watches a Tarantino movie for historical accuracy?

I watch Tarentino films for the music, the fun dialogue and the tension - release- tension moments

Exactly my point. That's why I think it's crap that Spike Lee is pissed off.

Exactly my point. That's why I think it's crap that Spike Lee is pissed off.

Spike Lee just wants attention.