Roto's Revirth VX Ace Revival

That's not what she said! If she did she must of been talking about you! 

Anyways, I've been busy doing other things, mainly taaking care of an infant, but along with making some graphics for others I decided to try a new mapping style which lead to this.

newcave_zpsfcc5422a.png

Another graphic overhaul for the cave system.

Also the world map is done and you can now see your current location as well as the towns and caves around you. As stated earlier it is all in actual size, just full passibility and no encounters. 

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm back with my fan game. New features galore in this iteration but some stuff has been removed as well. Mostly stuff that I could not figure out how to use or do (sad to admit). On to the biggest ch

Leave the bio window!

Looks fantastic!

YAY THE GAME'S NOT DEAD!!!  :) I was starting to get worried, but I know you've been busy, so I didn't want to bother you.

Do you have an approximation of time left/percentage of how much is done? I can't wait for the Beta! (One where I can actually do testing instead of playing the offline version of an online game because I don't live in it's country of origin!)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I'm thinking wrong thread Jami haha

I'm not sure they meant B4 of Zoma's castle to be the same floor where the dragonlord hid out but I love the way you made it logically seem that way. Great job, I love it.

Indeed. Which is why that map is ingenuous! Well done sir.

• 4 weeks later...

Since the game uses custom music I figured I'd upload a track that a friend and I have been working on. It's a simple cave theme, its a bit repetitive but I like it, and that's what matters :P.

https://soundcloud.com/jamiras843/gaia-unearthed

Hey, it sounds really great ! 

Congratulations to your friend !

This reminds me slightly of some Tactics Ogre Battle theme.

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

The game looks absolutely awesome. I also love how you "harmonized" the final floors of Charlock from DW1 and 3... but this is just looking phenomenal in all ways. Keep up the great work, we could use some great new masterpieces!!

That's an awesome rendition of A Lonely Youth!

Ironically, I checked this as I was waiting for FL Studio to render one of my DQ Remasters.  :)

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, I've been playing a lot of Pokemon X... but I do have some updates that are not super important. Minor graphical tweaks and script fixes. I have a friend of mine mapping out the final dungeon for this game and he has agreed to do the mapping for DQII remake as well. He plays a lot of pathfinder, making maps is what he's good at. He is promising a ridiculously complicated bonus dungeon, one that may be longer than all of the other dungeons combined. 

On the music front here is my newer extended lonely youth song.

https://soundcloud.com/jamiras843/a-lonely-youth-dqii

Edited by jamiras843

Nice remix!

How long do you think it will be until it's ready for a beta test?

I'll offer to do some mapping, too.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero