Sign in to follow this  
RyuKisargi

One severe dissapointment.

I get a few regular streetpasses from my local arcade, which ranges from 2-10 people somtimes. Around my neighborhood, about 3 people have a 3DS (or have passed through my neigborhood anyway). My best friend and I have also tagged each other over 99 times. Out of all those people, I believe 0 will get a Dragon Quest game.

It would be nicer if we could SPOT pass people a certain amount of times to somehow equal out a street pass; Maybe force the users to be online at the same time for it to work and friends with each other... and only allow it once a day (instead of the 6-18hours thing with 3DS streetpass).

I suppose it will force me to go to more conventions, as that gives a decent chance to encounter SOMEONE who likes Dragon Quest.

Meanwhile, I live in Canada, where I am isolated from the outside world(except school), and nobody brings their 3DS to school anyway. I need to go to Tokyo or Okanawa some time.

It's too bad that they don't use those square bar code things for this stuff for US. Tie into social networking.

QR codes? That'd be pretty awesome, instead of Streetpassing, we could send a QR code over email or something.

Meanwhile, I live in Canada, where I am isolated from the outside world(except school), and nobody brings their 3DS to school anyway. I need to go to Tokyo or Okanawa some time.

Yup. Last year in college, I brought my 3DS one day. It didn't get a single hit.

Derp,Im not trying to be a dick,but if all you can do is $#!&@,just leave.

How about you GTFO. That post was completely unnecessary. If you've bothered looking through this topic at ALL, you'd see people mostly agree with this topic.

Nintendo made Streetpass for Japan and the tight-knit community of 3DS owners there. Not here, not for America, where you'd be lucky to find anyone with one outside of a school.

Derp,Im not trying to be a dick,but if all you can do is $#!&@,just leave.

I can't believe this is coming from YOU of all people.Derp made a legitimate point, in all honesty you never add anything to...well, any conversation you take part in and while you're a LITTLE better than when you were UDK, that's hardly saying anything. So maybe YOU should leave, I can promise you that it wouldn't be heavily missed. >_>

And more on topic, yeah, Streetpass is a stupid gimmick that would never work well in America outside of conventions.

What do you guys suppose are the chances of Action Replay for 3DS games ever being released? Do you think Datel is even working on it?

I'm pretty sure Datel is going crazy trying to get one working. They have a save extractor/injector, but with the 3DS, Nintendo is ROYALLY afraid of any security holes, can't risk their precious 3DS shovelware (( 3DS still has plenty, but a lot less. )) getting pirated. We'll get a flashcard with a cheat engine first, I think.

(( And Nintendo will patch it. :D ))

Hey, it's even worse for me, you know. I'm pretty sure that here DQ is even less popular than in the USA...

I think it would already be Hard enough with a DQ Game...

What do you guys suppose are the chances of Action Replay for 3DS games ever being released? Do you think Datel is even working on it?

I sure hope so. But it seems that, once again, the only thing we can do is wait...

I would like them to do the same thing than in Pokemon : makes it easier with Street Pass, but not mandatory.

Guys, you're complaining about live in places that don't have so much 3DS with Street Pass in the streets, market, etc. But do you have any idea about live in a rural town on the south of Brazil?

Yep, my town have only two 3DS at all, one is mine. I don't know anyone in here who likes to play Dragon Quest as me.

For who are complaining about live in US and got 2 street pass in a year, look for my situation =]

---

By the way, I don't think the Street Pass will be required to complete the story line. For me it's fine.

Then you have far more reason to take up the sword! Email Nintendo, man, tell them this ain't acceptable.

Woohoo!

Let's party!

What am I missing here with "special" tablets? Are you going to have to interact just to complete the main story?

Edited by Winter

What am I missing here with "special" tablets? Are you going to have to interact just to complete the main story?

If so, nothing has been said yet. The "special" tablets are what open up the bonus dungeons(like DQIX's grottoes).

Ah you mean like having special maps in DQIX where one of them had a floor with all Metal King Slimes or even Platinum Kings? Yeah no offense to anyone though I couldn't care less about that.

Once the NFL season ends, I'll be looking for something to sink into and if all goes well, this will do it.

I think the dungeons will be more post-game storyline and such, not grinding content. I'm royally glad the publisher is doing this. Streetpass sucks.

Ah you mean like having special maps in DQIX where one of them had a floor with all Metal King Slimes or even Platinum Kings? Yeah no offense to anyone though I couldn't care less about that.

Once the NFL season ends, I'll be looking for something to sink into and if all goes well, this will do it.

No. The Japanese are calling the DQ7R Grottos "Mysterious Tablets" or "Special Stones" or something akin to that -- you can translate it a few ways. Apparently one translation is "Streetpass Stones" which comes from a recent article that used the same Japanese term as what was translated as Streetpass.

All the impressions I've been getting so far suggest that the DQ7R Grottos are an updated DQ9 grotto system with perhaps some throwbacks to DQM2's Key World system and perhaps a little DQM style monster party members... thing. Still no real info, but we'll know in 2 months when the game is released.

And everyone played happily ever after, and no one complained about streetpass ever again.

The End.

• Upvote 1

Yay! This made my day!

I will complain about StreetPass until they make it so SpotPass supercedes it.