Billy MK

Lots of sceenshots!

http://www.siliconer...ew-3d-graphics/

Confirming:

- Monster on the field:

dragon_quest_vii_008.jpg

- Heroes can be seen in battle:

dragon_quest_vii_019.jpg

- Equipment visble (altough we can't tell if all the equipment is visible or it's just the class appearance changes)

dragon_quest_vii_018.jpg

- er.... wolf??? Gabo seems to be riding one now... Isn't it like slaving your own people? O.o

dragon_quest_vii_003.jpg

There's more following the link.

Edited by Billy MK

It looks quite a bit better then the original, eh?

Looks like it's not all superficial changes either.

Having no more random encounters mean they'll probably change the amount of battles necessary to master a class.. or not (that would make the game length go through roof). Altough It would be really nice if they changed the entire class sytem all together (maybe bring in IX's). Not that I don't like VII's class system, but since it's a remake, I would want to see something different from the original. Well, DQ is a series of tradition, so that's unlikely to happpen.

Edited by Billy MK

Wow beautiful! My eyes and brain can't process so much beauty. ^^

• Upvote 1

Coooooooooooool!!

I wonder if the wolf's appearance will also change in regards to equipment / vocation? :P

Holee shieeet.

Having no more random encounters mean they'll probably change the amount of battles necessary to master a class.. or not (that would make the game length go through roof). Altough It would be really nice if they changed the entire class sytem all together (maybe bring in IX's). Not that I don't like VII's class system, but since it's a remake, I would want to see something different from the original. Well, DQ is a series of tradition, so that's unlikely to happpen.

I kinda hope they change the required battles(and maybe adjust the level cap alittle bit for easier early class grinding) to compensate for the roaming monsters too.

Ergh, I hate that there is no longer a over world now and that there's no random encounters now.

I'll still buy it, but this changes my outlook on it greatly.

I just wanted DQVII on a portable system with graphical enhancements.. Not this.

Ergh, I hate that there is no longer a over world now and that there's no random encounters now.

I'll still buy it, but this changes my outlook on it greatly.

I just wanted DQVII on a portable system with graphical enhancements.. Not this.

How is there no longer an overworld?

Seems like a different experience now. Kinda feels like a monster game.

from what i can see it should play just like dragon quest 9

It looks good for 3DS. I think it would have looked much better if Level 5 had developed it. Dragon Quest 8 still stands as the best looking DQ game. They did a terrific job on it.

I honestly think that Keifer could look WAAAAAY better than that. But who's complainin'?! Dragon Quest 7 for 3ds, Heck Yeah!=D

Looks good to me! I'm surprised that it's not using the Terry 3DS engine (which IMO looks a little better) but it's still a huge step up, and the battle presentation and monsters on the map are great touches.

Just checked NeoGAF. The reaction seems to be pretty negative there. A shame. I think it looks great.

Looks great. Gabo riding on the wolf is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

Just checked NeoGAF. The reaction seems to be pretty negative there.

A typical NeoGAF day. :lrsmile:

• Upvote 1

You are no longer on a map where you simply walk to the town or dungeon you want to go to. Now it is like Dragon Quest VIII.

And I actually like that, and the no random encounters like in IX.

Though we don't see monsters in dungeons in any pics, maybe they are just on the field but are still random encounters in dungeons.

And that's still an overworld, it's just a more to scale world instead of previous DQ games (VII PSX and earlier)

And you still will walk to a town or dungeon.

My favorite game of all time got better.

Edited by Tiael
  • Upvote 1

You are no longer on a map where you simply walk to the town or dungeon you want to go to. Now it is like Dragon Quest VIII.

Well, if it's the same type of world map as in DQIX, I'm all in.

DQ IX's World Map was truly immersive and really felt like a real world and not just a game Map.

The lack of clear difference between map and dungeon add to this feeling.

I never played the game, but I'm pretty sure it can greatly benefit from this.

I think I'm even more excited by this game that iI was by Terry's Wonderland...

EDIT : Yeah, I'm all for less random encounter... It also add to this "real world" feeling

Edited by Holy Slime Knight
  • Upvote 1

LOOKS good... But no random encounters will problem ruin it. I'm already under leveled in the game. Now I will feel required to run in to every monster I see so I don't get to a boss and get wiped out in a turn, but all that time will just make the game tedious... And I would have preferred a top down view on the world map so I can see where I'm going... Although the angle looks great everywhere else! Especially in the wind maze one!

Wierd that gabo rides a wolf all the time... Will probably annoy me, but it fits his character well.

• Upvote 1

from what i can see it should play just like dragon quest 9

This. DQ9 is the new normal for Dragon Quest games, for better or worse. I personally didn't like the idea early on but have grown to accept it and actually like it -- I think seeing the monsters walk around the overworld actually makes the game feel more dynamic.

I guess I am the only one who didn't like IX very much :P

Nope. The most i'll give it is a 4/10. Mostly because of the legacy bosses.

I'm going to be very nit picky about this game. 7 is my favorite Dragon Quest game. But if it plays too much like 9, and has the same...feel that it had (not at all serious with the over abundence of puns) I wont be able to play it.