Sign in to follow this  
Aoibara

Do you feel like this after submitting art?

When you work hard on your artwork, with lots of pain and you submit your artwork on the internet to show it off to the world, and you barely get any faves or whatever it is called on other art sites, do you feel crestfallen when you get only two faves that you have to submit it to groups or clubs to expose your artwork to get more recognition? I feel like that almost all the time. Does anybody else feel like that?

I am no whoring or anything, but I am wondering is there anybody else who feel like that?

I get nothin'. Ever. Even had an art show, invited a ton of people, nobody showed up and the gallery director said she never wanted me there.

I get nothin'. Ever. Even had an art show, invited a ton of people, nobody showed up and the gallery director said she never wanted me there.

Wat. C'mon, your art is quite an interesting one you know?

The only people who praise me are only when I show them my artwork DIRECTLY to them. When its on the netz, meh.

iadAp.jpg

Professionally, I'm OK, but I think I'm the only person to never get any sort of following on DeviantArt. But I guess it takes more nagging and whoring than I've got in me. Indiffernce does bug more than negative feedback, though.

I know that feeling when it has come to song parodies I've wrote in the past.

It's been a while since I posted anything to a place with some semblance of an active community (barring stuff I might've submitted to contests here, and a few old things on the DQ HQ), but I know when I did in the far-flung past it was rather disheartening when the stuff I put up didn't seem to get any recognition.

Mind, since then I've learned to try and look forward to things less / not at all, or at least not as passionately as I used to :P Setting one's self up for a fall and such. Probably not the best way of of dealing with stuff of the sort, though. There's a chance that I give terrible advice.

Edited by PantheonSasuke

For what it's worth, I felt the same way with my latest interview. It got some great attention here, but I wrote a number of sites who are friendly to DQ and never heard anything back. Bugs me 'cause I feel like I let them down, which is a shame since it's a wonderful read.

It used to bother me when people didn't swarm to my hard work... but anymore I just draw for my friends to see :) And even just seeing the finished process myself is enough ^^ Perhaps it's selfish, or maybe just being satisfied with my work.

I guess it's hard to get recognized on a broad subject site like DA, which is why I abandoned both my accounts. It always makes me sad when others are upset that their work isn't being recognized :( I love looking at art of others, regardless of the subject or skill level. Because it's the closest I can get to understanding another's perspective :) No one but the artist has the creativity and skill to make their work, and that's a pretty cool concept :D

I've done comic dubs of VGCats, but they get overshadowed by everyone else's

On DA it's also about being seen enough. Commenting and faving on other people's work to get seen. Also posting a constant stream of content helps. You really have to get involved. I noticed in my work that the real popular topics like ssj's from dbz do much better than the more creative work too. You basically have to build up a fanbase doing fanart before you can hope to get some responses on original work. Or you just have to be really really good.

I experiance the same problems. There was a time where I'd get people favorites on some items of deviantArt within seconds, but now, I barely get any at all. A lot of times, my art is mostly private.

I guess it depends. When it comes to fanfiction, I wager I get about 1 response for every 100 times something of mine gets read. Mind,I don't really promote my stuff beyond here and those who pay attention to updates at FF.net, so who knows what I'd get if I really spammed my content elsewhere. Since I took up music blogging again a month ago, the ratio is about the same, though I update that at nearly 1 per day, so that keeps potential new comments coming at a higher rate.Truth is, I know I'm about the same (respond once per roughly 100 things viewed/listened/read). I'll try to comment on things at FF.net, more to help aspiring writers improve their craft but also to give their egos a boost since I know anyone that creates something feeds off that.

I'm assuming the fanart world is roughly the same. However, my response rate for drawings and such is unfortunately pathetically poor, as I feel there's little I can contribute to comments beyond "this is good" or "this isn't my thing".