Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Dragon Quest VII

Wow the latest picture of Arus is really wonderful and captures a bit of the style and your own original style!  I absolutely love it!  Maybe after I complete some more of my project I will do some more Dragon Quest VII art.  I just wished I could play through it one time so I could really come to appreciate it like you Cesar :)

Do a "quick" (or as quick as it can be, since we're talking about DQ VII) emulated playthrough.

I know it would not stop me from playing again once the 3DS version is available to buy in a version my console will read.

(Yes, if there were no region lock, I would already have imported it.)

BTW, Woodus. I sent you the original file via email.

Get a Gateway 3DS flashcard. Get DQ7. Use Gateway tools to dump your DQ7 ROM, put it on your Gateway card, and play it. The flashcard bypasses region lock. Plus, if you dump all your 3DS game ROMs, you can put them on your flashcard and don't have to carry all your games with you. Win-win.

• Upvote 1

As most of you know, the localization of Dragon Quest VII (and Dragon Quest VIII) on the New 3DS was announced yesterday. Awesome news!

Since this is the illustrations thread and not just the awesome news thread, here are four pics I drew about the guys who live in Dharma.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BZaji%2B%28001

Zaji.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BNeris%2B%2800

Neris.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BFural%2B%2800

Fural.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BKasim%2B%2800

Kasim.

• Upvote 1

Two DQ VII pics, one old and one new.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BGrete%2B%2800

Grete and Alus.

I like all of your drawings, but somehow I really, really love the older one (Grete and Alus). I also checked your blog and loved the drawing with Krift and the puff puff one (:'D). I guess it's because of the japanese artstyle and the heartwarming colors.

Edited by Turnip
  • Upvote 1

I like all of your drawings, but somehow I really, really love the older one (Grete and Alus). I also checked your blog and loved the drawing with Krift and the puff puff one (:'D). I guess it's because of the japanese artstyle and the heartwarming colors.

Thank you.

Since I realy had no time to finish that pic (contest deadline plus simply having no free time at all) I knew I had to it quickly.

This is not to say anything bad about my quickly-drawn pics, just the opposite.

When I have time, I try to get lines to have as few errors as possible. As a consequence, they look artificial and forced and stiff.

When I sketch, my hand moves freely and the lines are more natural and flowing, making the characters look more alive, even if the line art is, well, sketchy.

I find it hard going back to "Japanese" style when I try to make each character look recognizable and different from the other characters. As you know, this particular style tends to produce characters with the same face. But since these are just the hero and the princess, I think it suits just fine and there is no need to tell them apart just by the face.

Natural, flowing lines are the reason why I'm absolutely in love with Hayao Miyazaki's drawings (http://i.imgur.com/079qyM9.jpg), so I definitely know what you're talking about. However, I feel like there's something more to those drawings of yours other than naturality. Kudos to you!

Edited by Turnip