Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Dragon Quest VII

Ok guys here is my line art for another Dragon Quest VII art promotion , I also dedicate this to Caesar since he was the one to really get me to start doing DQ VII art.

http://bardofmaple.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-Quest-VII-Line-art-543408545

Edited by Madrigal
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the dedication, man. :)

If the business guys are annoyed at Mr. Horii giving the news instead of them, they deserve it. He has had to watch silently as they ignore the series outside of Japan. Even when they did release games, they might as well have not, since they did not advertising.

But once they release this, they may be forgiven a little. :D

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the dedication, man. :)

If the business guys are annoyed at Mr. Horii giving the news instead of them, they deserve it. He has had to watch silently as they ignore the series outside of Japan. Even when they did release games, they might as well have not, since they did not advertising.

But once they release this, they may be forgiven a little. :D

Sure, when you talked to me about DQ VII it put the seed in my head.  First I did that picture of just Arus, then I got ambitious and wanted to have one grand opus to contribute to the cause.  I posted this about a few days before the announcement.  Had you not encouraged me to draw DQ VII I might have never drew it.

More Dragon Quest VII pics!

Dragon+Quest+VII+-+Wind+Spirit+(001).jpg

Alus and Wind Spirit.

--

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BVolcano%2B(00

Volcano, Mare and Hondara.

--

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BKing%2BBarnes

King Barnes and princess Leesa.

• Upvote 1

First one made me laugh

You know that is the type of worship the Wind Spirit requests. :D

• Upvote 1

What's wrong with you Aluse? Go for it!

LOL

• Upvote 1

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BGabo%2B%25280

Gabo, Aira and Melvin.

Many of you may already have seen this pic. But with the anniversary of DQ VII this month, I am finally uploading the rest of these posters. :)

• Upvote 2

Another awesome DQ VII picture.  I like this interesting choose an actor series you got going on here.

• Upvote 1

Let's see what you think of the rest. I hope my choices are fitting.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BFoz%2B%252800

Foz.

In the game, I see Gabo and Foz being around the same age. Or she could even be somewhat older, who knows?

But I wanted to emphasize the fact she is a very young priestess at Dharma, and still gets to be one of the best (definitely more memorable than the other Dharma high priest in VII). So I went for a very young girl. For Gabo, I went for a boy who would be old enough to be athletic and agile (I do not see many 7 or 8 year olds doing what Gabo does), but still young enough to be seen as a boy (instead of a young teen).

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BOrgo%2BDemila

Demon Lord Orgo Demila.

I think this is my favorite picture of this series of Eden posters. It is the only one where I copied an existing pose, but it was such an iconic piece that I felt it totally fit with Orgo's theme. This is what made me want to finish this project.

I'm also happy that official art of Orgo is more easily available (in guide books, that is, and in-game pictures through through Monster Battle Road). I spent years wanting to have a good reference for him, and now that is possible.

• Upvote 1

Amazing work)

Thank you! I know you love Orgo. :D

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BShark%2BEye%2

Agnes and Shark Eye.

Romantic pirate and princess couple from the past.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BPamela%2B%252

Pamela, Sayid and Sephana.

It is getting harder and harder to type the descriptions for each character without including spoilers, but I think I am doing well enough. Let us not count visual spoilers in this whole poster series that may end up being (hopefully) forgotten before new players actually reach those parts in the game. :D

awesome picture^^

Thanks, guys! Now it is time for the last poster of this campaign.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BGod%2B%252800

God.

Some of the younger ones (or newer fans) may know Him as "Numen" from the Dragon Quest Monsters games, but He first appeared in Dragon Quest VII (and Dragon Warrior VII) as, simply, God (or Kami-sama). Why the new games' translators feel the need to change His name from "God" to something else I do not understand...

By the way, when I drew all of these pics, only Mr. Hoffman had passed away. I thought this role of God would be fitting as a mostly-spirit character.

But now, a year later, two more of this list have joined him. Christopher Lee and María Elena Velasco. I hope all three of them are in a better place.

• Upvote 2

Tween wolf Gabo.

Drawn for Gabo's Dragon Quest VII campaign.

People, be ready for the next character (I assume it will be Aira) so we can get a lot of entries. The more, the better!

• Upvote 2

Tween wolf Gabo.

Drawn for Gabo's Dragon Quest VII campaign.

People, be ready for the next character (I assume it will be Aira) so we can get a lot of entries. The more, the better!

I was actually considering just killing that contest line. 2 straight contests of me, Woodus, +1 doesn't seem quite worth it.

But, if people want it to continue, it's obviously not a labor-intensive one to do.

I think the latest contests were affected by the Summer months. Everybody is doing something else.

(Not me. I do not get fixed-date vacations at work, and I actually have more free time due to theater classes' recess.)

If we knew some of the regulars might be interested, perhaps an extension would be good in this case. And I hope things get better once vacations end.

Edit: Oh, but you mean the DQ VII campaign, and those were from months ago, so my theory does not hold...

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVII%2B-%2BHero%2B%25280

15 years of Dragon Quest VII!

The day has (almost) arrived! August 26th marks the 15th anniversary of the release of Dragon Quest VII in Japan!

I hope we can celebrate it with news of the worldwide release of the Nintendo 3DS version. :)

• Upvote 1

Can I tweet that out?

Sure!

Tell me what is best for you.

There is this tweet already in my account:

https://twitter.com/icecypher/status/636270829064450048

Or I could email you the full-size pic so you can tweet it from scratch if you think that would be better.