Sign in to follow this  
Aoibara

Does anything keep you awake at night?

Homework, school, future, college, etc keeps me awake.

BUT

This keeps me awake the most. And it is LOUD.

My cat. Snoring out. She is persian, so it is normal for her to snort due to her flat facial features.

Comic strips. Not common comic strips, though.

Comic strips that complain about the world. I feel so comfortable when I rest at my bed AND agree that some stuff in the world is illogical.

I feel so tempted to read those. I keep hours awake at night reading them.

Edited by Gooptek

Dragon's den forums.

And dq7

I don't stay up late. I go to bed at around 9 or 10 because I gotta wake up early in the morning every day. But the one thing that occasionally prevents me from sleeping is when I think of the movie "misery". <<Scary stuff.

If I have to get up earlier than normal, I'm cursed with insomnia. Other than that it's usually being excited about what I'm doing tomorrow or reading manga XD

The internet, trying to get a specific Pokemon out of the hidden grotto on White 2.

• Upvote 1

Having my eyes open keeps me awake at night. The morning is for sleep.

Real Life.

Lately, I've gotten to where I don't like going to bed, because if I go to bed, that means I didn't accomplish all I wanted to do that day. I average 5 hours.

As with Stepchan, pokemon hunting keeps me awake...

Also my brain not shutting up, and occasionally the neighbours' stupid music, which, though stupid, is preferable to their arguments, which get violent.

Real Life.

Lately, I've gotten to where I don't like going to bed, because if I go to bed, that means I didn't accomplish all I wanted to do that day. I average 5 hours.

Now,you and me have SOMETHING in common...

not sure if 12:00-12.30 is really late ( i feel like 02.00-03.00 is late) , Well what do i did? like this, play the whole mess till 9 PM, then start messing school's stuff for tommorow till like 12.00 PM, it's just kinda hard to not sleep before 11.00 PM. weekends, i just dive in to internet until 01.30-02.00.

don't call me a geek, but songs from no more heroes 1-2 also helped me in "staying awake",,

Note: it's already 00.20 Am on my time zone :P

Edited by Gigamagicx6

I average 2 - 4 hours of sleep. I'm an insomniac. Also as a result of me going throughout my days brain dead, I spend my nights thinking about everything I should have been thinking about when everyone else was awake. So I work my mind a bit too hard for it to be shutting down at night. :P

Edited by ss14hero

I have a hatred of Valentine's Day and I stay awake planning ways to crush people who dare make fun of me on that particular day.

There isn't very much stuff that keeps me awake at night. I wake up every weekday morning at 6am so I'm ready to go to sleep around 11pm and even on the weekends I'm usually awake by 7am. I actually fell asleep on the couch at 10:30 a couple of nights ago which is pretty sad since I used to take pride in staying awake past midnight every night when i was in college.

The last thing that kept me up all night was the release of Mists of Pandaria. I had purchased a digital copy earlier and the servers were supposed to open at 3am Tuesday morning so I went to a buddy's house after work Monday night to hang out until the release. I figured I'd wait until 3 and then play for a couple of hours so then I could go home and get ready for work. I got so caught up in it though that I called out of work and my buddy and I ended up playing it all Tuesday. I didn't go to bed until Tuesday night around 10pm having not slept since 6am Monday.

Basically the only thing that keeps me awake at nights is having my mind actively engaged in something new or exciting which I guess makes sense. If I stick to routine or familiar things I stick to my current sleep schedule. I suppose that says some things about my lifestyle. :P

Lots of things. I'll just list the top three:

Insomnia (Haven't slept for three days now)

Strange visions (It's very likely it's Schizophrenia or Schizotypal Personality Disorder, but my parents are unwilling to let me get tested. They apparantly think its Faeries or Goblins...)

I've never had a dream that wasn't a nightmare. (Possibly the cause of the Insomnia, but I don't think so.)

Lots of things. I'll just list the top three:

Insomnia (Haven't slept for three days now)

Strange visions (It's very likely it's Schizophrenia or Schizotypal Personality Disorder, but my parents are unwilling to let me get tested. They apparantly think its Faeries or Goblins...)

I've never had a dream that wasn't a nightmare. (Possibly the cause of the Insomnia, but I don't think so.)

Have you tried following the faries to your basement to find a magical staircase to the fairy world where you have to defeat the ice queen to allow summer to come?

But in all seriousness, I'm sorry for you dude. That must really suck.