Have you played and/or beaten Dragon Quest VII ?

speedracer216

The scan has been posted on IGN as well and I was interested to see how many people were so excited because "I missed it the first time".

Was curious if that's true of den members too? Have you played DQVII (DW7)?? If so, did you beat it?

(I add that part, because I'm 100+ hrs in but haven't actually finished the game even though I bought it at release!) My hidden shame.

Dragon Warrior VII was actually my very first PS1 game. It was the reason I got a PS1 (just like how DQVIII was the reason I got a PS2). It's my personal favorite in the series.

(I add that part, because I'm 100+ hrs in but haven't actually finished the game even though I bought it at release!) My hidden shame.

I'm discovering that there are a lot of DQ fans who have played it and loved it but never finished it. I'm one of them :)

That's part of the reason I've been waiting for a portable version. I get much more screen time with portables than I do with consoles.

Dragon Warrior VII was actually my very first PS1. It was the reason I got a PS1 (just like how DQVIII was the reason I got a PS2). It's my personal favorite in the series.

Ditto

And yes I beat it as well, multiple time :)

I have played it and beat it, only once though. I would love to play it again. Making it portable is a big plus for me since I have a lot more time on the go than I do at home.

Yes I have played Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior) VII but I have never beaten it... just add that to the long list of games I have not beaten... Tales of Graces F falls in the same boat... I have played it alot but haven't gotten to the end... I beat Tales of Vesperia...

The 3DS version will be my first encounter with DQVII. What's the sorta main reason for lots of people not finishing it, is it really lengthy or grind heavy? I'm playing Tales of Graces F at the moment as well, Rune, and it does seem to take a fair amount of time investment to reach the end. I'd say it's one of the better Tales of games.

It's a very lengthy game. Some say it is too long and meanders. I am rather fond of its structure, though. It's a very meaty game, with some of the best story vignettes in the series.

I've played and beaten it, including the post game. Although I didn't raise everyone in all of the monster jobs.

Yeah... I've played 15 hours into it and yes, It's the only DQ game I haven't beaten besides 10. It's a hard game to come by these days, rivaling Suikoden 2 in rarity.

I'd love to beat it and I hear it's massive. Seeing the 3DS version will make many RPG fans happy. So we have a Tales of port, 2 Dragon Quest series remakes, all we need is Final Fantasy 5+6 remade. :D

If it does make it here I hope they keep all the jokes and one liners in it.

I played thru it once. And it was my second DQ title after DQ3 on GBC. It's still one of the best games i have ever played (and i played hundreds of games trust me) and i miss it too much. Especially the awesome soundtrack. It will be great!

I played thru it once. And it was my second DQ title after DQ3 on GBC. It's still one of the best games i have ever played (and i played hundreds of games trust me) and i miss it too much. Especially the awesome soundtrack. It will be great!

You are my brother. DQVII has some of Sugiyama's best work.

Fun musical fact: one of the main motifs in the credits song is recycled from a show Sugiyama worked on in the 70s called Cyborg 0079

Dragon Quest VII: Triumphal Return

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vduwsy6BwAs#t=215s

Cyborg 009: Sortie

Cyborg 009: Sadness After the Battle

Dragon Quest 7 was the first I beat. Its a very long game, and a little slow to start, but once you get to the action, it's held throughout the rest of the game.

Played: he'll yeah

Beaten: trick question.

WARNING: The following part of this post contains spoilers. I have attempted to mark the biggest ones so they are easily avoidable, but if you have not played the game, I advise you to skip the next paragraph.

When I first got the game back in '01 or '02, I was too young too concentrate on such a Long, complicated game on my own (I was still in elementary school). However, my mother and I played it together. Our first play through was botched by the Maribel Bug, but we started over and played again. We made it all the way up to the Dark Palace [spoiler WARNING:(the crystal palace after orgodemir takes over)] but kept getting wiped out. It sat on our game shelf for a few years, then, two or three years ago I picked it back up and beat orgodemir. Sadly, I got cheated out of the bonus dungeons because the [spoiler WARNING:(broken lithograph refused to give me a ? Shard)] . So, it really depends on how you define "beating it".

However, I recently got the game running on my PSP and am almost all the way done with disk 1 (somewhere around 160 hours in 2 months, not including the multiple times my PSP froze due to incompatibilites with the software, which caused me to lose at least 20 hours of gameplay, I'm not exaggerating. I got around these with emulators though) it's been on hold for a bit though because I lost my PSP memory stick, but I found it the other day and am going to start playing again when I have more time and less homework.

Anyways, that's my DQVII history in a nutshell.

I played it and beat it in 2010. I never did the bonus dungeons, however, because how much of a gigantic hassle it is to track down mini medals you've missed.

I've beaten it many times in many ways. My favourite play through was a classless game. My monster classes only run was a lot of fun too.

I think a lot of people don't finish the game because they spend too much time grinding class levels. Just the basic classes alone make the game beatable by anyone.

Logged at least 150 hours into my first run through capturing most of the monsters in the park and leveling 3 people to Hero class. Yet, never got any special town from my immigrants. God still remains as one of my favorite end game bosses in any game, as frustrating as it was to see Hellblast and Hellfire over and over again.

Played it, but never beat it. I didn't find out there even was a DQVII until years after it had come out. Since then I've started it a couple times, but never finished it thanks to freak things happening like having a disc stop reading and then having to find a replacement or the power adapter on my portable PS1 dieing on my.

Archived