Sign in to follow this  
Woodus

Dragon Quest VII Coming to the 3DS

dq73ds.png

Dragon Quest VII is coming to the 3DS in February in Japan, hope we hear that it comes here soon.

dq73ds_scan_001.jpg

Woo

Nice. Looks like they're using an updated DQ9-ish engine. The fact that jobs will be visible as costumes is a nice addon. Also: Who is that odd fairy-like critter in the middle there, the one between the hero and Keifer? He looks like a character from DQX.

How did we not hear about this until now? I can't wait, though...

HOLY CRAP

DO WANT

Well it's official. I'll be buying a 3DS. If we get the game that is.

• Upvote 1

I discovered the notice today and I CANT WAIT! i was expecting the game to run on the psx engine, but it wouldnt be really a remake, so this is awesome!

Do want this to come over here!

First my DS Lite's d-pad broke, now this news. It's a sign that I must get a 3DS soon.

• Upvote 4

If this makes it to the states my 3DS will be greatly pleased.

Superb news! Here's hoping for an international release.

Hmm. Wonder if this means the price of the original will be going down.

Yay wishful thinking

• Upvote 1

I think we need to let folks know the demand is out there!

Oh man. Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, AND DQVII? My 3DS will be very happy in the upcoming year. I really hope we get this.

Really awesome, yo. Hope it gets localized, even though that might take a looooooooooong time...

On that note, can they really cram the WHOLE game in there AND with new graphics instead of it just being a port? I'm kinda having trouble wrapping my head around that XP

As soon as that gets over here, im gonna slam my money down on the counter

I can see myself buying 3 copies of it. One for contemplation, one for conservation and the other for "pratical" uses... enjoy the Gintama reference there...

I'm gone for a few days and I miss this news? I can't afford a day off. I'M SO EXCITED!

Perfect! I never thought I'd be buying a portable console but I guess there is always an exception to the rule. :goofyslime:

• Upvote 1

I actually went out of my way to buy this game for the PS1. Excellent game - but there came a point where I got stuck, unable to advance -- and thinking of going back to it, after all this time, I would rather start from the beginning. It's a very long game, even by regular Dragon Quest standards.

The addition DQ9-style graphics is cool! Someone said that the job classes will be visible? Very nice addition. But I'm glad I was able to play the original, and know what its like, before moving onto this new version.

Has a US release been announced? I know its most likely going to come over, but Nintendo has been frustratingly slow in announcing anything. Still now news on DQX? Not even for the Wii U? I heard about the price of it in Japan, which doesn't sound that bad. I really would be willing to pay $5 (not over $10, though) to be able to play DQX. I know its going to take a long time to translate, and bring it over here -- but they could at least talk about it. (I've been out of the loop - has there been any comments by Nintendo?) I really hope they considered an off-line mode, for the US at least. (I know that is wishful thinking, though)

No word on Terry's Wonderland for the US? It really would be a shame if Nintendo didn't do a US release, considering how badly the 3DS still needs quality games.

The one thing I hope they add to Dragon Quest 7 - is a way to manage all the interlinking times, and keep track of what you've done, and what is left to do. Thats a big reason I would rather start from scratch - because all of my progress simply had to be remembered.

• Upvote 1