Sign in to follow this  
Billy MK

DQVII remake for 3DS

For Feb 2013 in japan! NUFF SAID! If this doesn't come out in the west i'm certainly buying and japanese 3ds eventually. I hope Nintendo won't fail us! It's just my favorite game of all time! I was waiting for this, my heart is beating so fast :P

0499318001351600701.jpg

Edited by Billy MK

That is such awesome news! I need to go change my pants....

Thanks for sharing this!

Oh NoA, please don't let me down after publishing DQIX, DQVI and DQMJ2 here. (and hopefully DQX in the future).

My favorite DQ ever and one of my favorite games of all times..

Are you kidding me!?!?! That's less than 4 months away! (please let this not be a joke)

I'm a buying a 3DS. That's for certain

I would definitely buy a 3DS just for this game.

So with any remake, there are bound to be new features, add-ons and possibly some changes. Can anyone glean any info from the scan that might give some clues about this? I am sure there will be some sort of street-pass functionality that will no doubt be required to get 100% on the game. Hopefully it won't play too significant a role.

In any case, this was a game in need of a facelift and I can't wait to see more info about it.

If this doesn't get an English version, that settles it. I'm learning Japanese.

If you look closely at the scan you can notice that durring the battle you can see the heroes back, and on the screen on the corner, you can see Melvin there.

Now, who's that new mascot like guy?

Edited by Billy MK

I love that DQ games are always system sellers. I was about to rip my PSX disc to eboot to play on PSP, but this would be a better way to go portable.

I first bought DS when I heard IV, V, and VI, and IX were coming. Then of course I've gotten many other games for that system too.

Hear that Nintendo? I will buy a 3DS AND MORE GAMES if you bring me DQ VII remake! It is the one DQ game I haven't finished and this would be an awesome opportunity.

Edited by speedracer216

OMG! very good news, but I hope if tehy really decide to bring this to the west, wont take too long! Still waiting for DQM Terry's :wd_coolslime:

I would definitely buy a 3DS just for this game.

So with any remake, there are bound to be new features, add-ons and possibly some changes. Can anyone glean any info from the scan that might give some clues about this? I am sure there will be some sort of street-pass functionality that will no doubt be required to get 100% on the game. Hopefully it won't play too significant a role.

In any case, this was a game in need of a facelift and I can't wait to see more info about it.

According to siliconera: "A Dragon Quest VII remake is headed to the Nintendo 3DS, according to the latest issue of Jump magazine in Japan. The game will be a 3D remake of the original PlayStation game and will allow for the exchange of “lithographs†between players via StreetPass."

Theese lithographs, they might be the like the map shards. Are they the same ones of the story or is it like a new feature? We'll see....

Getting a 3DS XL next Feburary now. Holy shitballs.

*has 3DS, but for DQ7 will have big screen*

Edited by Derpametric

Getting a 3DS XL next Feburary now. Holy shitballs.

*has 3DS, but for DQ7 will have big screen*

Ooooooooh good idea. Though I must first wait until an western release anouncement. Dammit, I got so excited about this. I was planning on starting a new game durring my vacations, I will certainly now. I'm getting an extra DQIX as well, my end of year will be all about DQ.

Is this the real life? Will DQVII actually be released in the EU for the first time!? I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but this is some superb news.

Hey guys, what's going on in her-

cute2.jpg

Well, well, well...

Time to get a 3DS, whenever I can do that. :wd_coolslime::thumbsup:

Hey, I'm not dreaming things right?? WHOOO-HOOO!!! *jumps of from bed*,,

Definetly gonna buy 3DS now!!!

*waiting Dwaine's picture reaction*

Oh wow. That looks really gorgeous. *o* Yet another reason to shell out for a 3DS.

"Lithographs?" I wonder if those are anything like those artifacts from DQ5 DS.

Thank goodness, now I won't have to buy a Vita!

And, maybe... a DQVII themed 3DS? Dare to dream.

As I have already said before, Sony just lost it. This would have sold millions of Vita systems if it were for Vita. Sony was just an idiot for passing this up and letting Nintendo take this game.

I am a bit disappointed that it won't take advantage of better processing power, but nonetheless I am very, very, VERY excited for this game. Words cannot express my excitement. I will buy multiple copies and if I must, I will buy a Japanese 3DS to get the first look at this game.

VII is my favorite Dragon Quest title and one of my favorite games of all time.

This game will definitely release here in the states eventually, however

I am still worried however about the translation.

One of the reasons VII was so great because of its direct translation from its Japanese game. Enix of America did little revising, which made it so unique in that you get the original script as it was.

Nintendo of America / Square Enix North America will probably butcher this game's script and it really makes me sad. :(

Butcher the $h!t out of it. Just get it over here, and I'll be happy.

I am still worried however about the translation.

Here's hoping Square Enix and Nintendo don't cheap out. Plus Alpha is best for this job. VIII is so big and could really benefit from a smart and colorful localization.

I completely agree. I loved the way they did DQ8 and I believe Plus Alpha could do a great job with DQ7 as well. Do you think they could get voice acting again? Even though it's a 3DS title? It's a lot like DQ8, in that there's a specific set of characters (instead of DQ3 or DQ9). And there's really only 6 main characters also like DQ8 (as opposed to the 10+ of DQ4).