Sign in to follow this  
Rune Caster

Well I am on my first playthrough of Dragon Quest IX

I guess I am a little late (about 3 years), I bought a 3DS XL over the weekend and I had purchased a copy of Dragon Quest IX from Best Buy a few months ago. I wonder if Nintendo will make a DS, DSI or 3DS player for the Wii U...

well I just formed a party and am currently leveling up my other party members (with my hero dead) so they actually get a fair % of the Exp. The game is nice... they did make a gameboy player for the SNES and a gameboy advance player for the Gamecube. So it is possible now that the Wii U has a touch screen...

Hm... well I have had over 100 hour games on Dragon Quest 8... It will take some time to get used to the "tiny" screen...

Mostly I have been hunting item drops to make sure I get every item to drop from every monster I fight...

have you tried grottos already? once you get there, you won't even find out that you laready played 200+ hours (mine is about 300-400 already, i heard someone already reach even 1000+ out there)

have you tried grottos already? once you get there, you won't even find out that you laready played 200+ hours (mine is about 300-400 already, i heard someone already reach even 1000+ out there)

Lets see today I reached Level 15~ I am on monster # 22 (Brownie) Trying to get one to drop a Strength Seed (1/256 means I have alot of Brownie's to kill) I have obtained all the other drops from monsters # 1-21 as well as the two bosses I have fought and I work 43~ hours a week so I don't have alot of time to play...

There are no skills to increase drop rate are there? (besides thiefs and stealing)

Edited by Rune Caster

not really sure, perhaps you can use a hoimi table to abuse item rate? (though i can't really help you much there)

by the way, if you're still like on the story section, i advise you to focus more on finishing the story rather than the completion, why? for the sake of enjoying the game i guess? ahahaha...

I have 311 hours,Became obsessed a few times...

Aside from that,Beat the game before doing grotoes.

Youll have the main story done,and then they wont get in the way.

You cannot hoimi table regular encounters. Too much occurs to scroll the table while doing it.

If you want to get all of the drops, I recommend getting half-inch on everyone.

it only took 156 kills of Brownies to get the 1/256 Strength Seed drop, Now on # 25 Bodkin fletcher having completed # 1 - 24 in the monster book.

My progress is slow except on sunday and wedsday.. (my days off) as I can only put in a few hours of play...

*edit* minor update now monsters # 1 - 28 have both drops and that ends my progress until tommorow...

Edited by Rune Caster

4072. I've been keeping track on my main cart. I don't know how much are on my other carts. :P

Good luck with the monster drops, they can take a while...

Edited by ryangroovy

I recommend finishing the game before trying for the seed drops at least. There are ways to manipulate the table, but they require moves you don't get until post game.

No need to push yourself on the limits just for monster drops...

It can cause cancer,or another unworldly mind set...

Earlier I was hunting Crabids and Flythons for snakeskin, crimson coral, although I also picked up quite a lot of tortoise shells and wings of bat... it's fun when the enemies actually run away when you get near them... Anyway I have gotten most of the drops for # 1 - 42 only lacking Lost Soul and Mean Spirit's drops but I will get them when I explore The Quarantomb...

As far as drops go every monster has a check for an item drop when in DW 7 only one check is made for the last monster in battle killed... I have even seen two items drop in the same battle in DQ 8 and 9. I wonder if they will correct the item drop in the DQ 7 remake on 3DS...

man,,, you don't need to complete the bestiary that fast,,, i think you must enjoy more of the story and stuffs.. i'd rather farming and grinding for completion for 3-4 hours rather than grinding at the "story unfinished" point of the game which ridiculously takes more than what you can ever imagine, uhh... it's up to you anyway....

4072. I've been keeping track on my main cart. I don't know how much are on my other carts. :P

Good luck with the monster drops, they can take a while...

wh,,wh,,wh... 4072??!!!???, that's just.. wow,

anyway, that motivates me to do an 1000 hour gameplay now,

but really, i won't be shocked if your party already revocated more than hundred times

I wouldn't stress the grinding too much until you hit the points that you can do it efficiently. Quarantomb is really only decent for Metal Slimes till level 15, after that you want to use The Bad Cave for Metal Medleys to reach mid-twenties. Liquid Metal Slimes in the Bowhole until you complete the story.

I wouldn't stress the grinding too much until you hit the points that you can do it efficiently. Quarantomb is really only decent for Metal Slimes till level 15, after that you want to use The Bad Cave for Metal Medleys to reach mid-twenties. Liquid Metal Slimes in the Bowhole until you complete the story.

This is what I did,Feel free to over grind a bit,but make sure you enjoy the story. Edited by D.Name Theif

This is what I did,Feel free to over grind a bit,but make sure you enjoy the story.

Would be nice if I was still level 15,,, I am now level 25-26 with all the grinding for alchemy materials... but I took a break and have been playing Dragon Quest IV on my 3DS XL... currently in ch 2... wish there was a way to do auto slots like in Dragon Quest 7 and 8...

Heh,I just cheated to get all the Alchemy Recipies...saw how to get them and was like "Holy crap,im not doing all of this!"

I got Dragon Quest IV when I was a major noob at RPGs...

Couldnt figure out what to do,and returned it to Gamespot

Still a better love story than Twilight...