Sign in to follow this  
Gloomy

X in 10

For all of you who aren't yet playing DQ 10 (and for those of you who are) Alex Fraioli has created a great little podcast chronicling his adventures through the game. It's funny, charming and often informative! Each episode is ten minutes long so it's no time commitment and there's one out nearly every day so it's fun to listen to and see how Alex is getting on.

Enjoy!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/xin10s-podcast/id564580409

• Upvote 2

He's apparently ending this on or by Christmas. I hope he finishes the Cat Leberio quest line before he does. :)

Doesn't look like we'll ever see NoMoWo's questline finished with Cat Leberio or whatever he's named. Kinda sad. :(

Anyone know if Alex has a Woodus account? ;)

So I asked Alex Fraioli if his X in 10 RSS feed would be the same one he uses for his new 30 minute segment show, he said yes. He's also aware of the Dragon's Den) and used it heavily for a walkthrough he did for DQ3 for a game site. No clue if he has an account here, though.

Hey, there's already a thread for this! I really dig the voices and sound drops. Especially the Torgo music! Recommended for anyone who would like to play DQX vicariously via a podcast.

Thanks for listening! I started it to amuse myself and I'm glad people like it.

I recorded three episodes of the hour-long "rebirth" of the show (playing through Mega Man 1-3) but I couldn't get the bookend skits the way I wanted them so I scrapped it and ran back to Astoltia.

• Upvote 1

I really appreciate the show! It's very hard being a DQ fan outside of Japan. We're so cold... huddled around a lone copy of Fortune Street for warmth. I'd gladly chip in a few bucks towards getting you a WiiU. Idea for a stetch goal: if DQX ever comes out here, you call backers up on skype and act out the voices. It's the Cat Lebrario package!

Edited by Excitemike

Oh man, I'm already backing down on the Wii U thing, it's just not justifiable. As it is X in 10 gets enough donations to cover hosting and the game's subscription fee, and that's enough for me.

Man I am super disappointed that the 3DS remake of VII is being ignored, it's one of the best ones! And if X does come out I hope we can play. I think it's been quasi-confirmed but there was a worrying comment about tweaking it for foreign audiences, which pretty much confirms segregated servers. :(

I think the servers will definitely be segregated.. though perhaps the recent addition of the micro-transactions in the Japanese version is their means of testing the waters (technologically) for western audiences?

I recorded three episodes of the hour-long "rebirth" of the show (playing through Mega Man 1-3) but I couldn't get the bookend skits the way I wanted them so I scrapped it and ran back to Astoltia.

Yeah, I noticed that apparently you restarted X in 10.  @.@  That's what I get for not opening my Android podcast downloader thingy in 6 months.  :D

Man I am super disappointed that the 3DS remake of VII is being ignored, it's one of the best ones! And if X does come out I hope we can play. I think it's been quasi-confirmed but there was a worrying comment about tweaking it for foreign audiences, which pretty much confirms segregated servers. :(

Eh.  I think the "tweaking it for foreign audiences" was directed at China -- remember, China has a law that forbids showing certain types of undead in video games.  So Hork or whatever http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq5snes/monstercard/009_hork.jpg'>this guy is called in Japanese, will have to be removed.

I can import that RSS feed into a forum here if you guys would like :)