Contest #94-If Dragon Quest Invaded Your Country

You know I was watching this documentary on the Aztecs today and now the mexican flag is alot more meaningful for me. Apparently there was a Aztec legend that foretold that they should settle a great city where an eagle touched down on a cactus. And so they did and that city became Tenochtitlan, a city twice the size of London and Paris at the time. Great stuff. You live in an interesting country Cesar. The original indigenous culture is much more woven into the fabric of Mexico than for instance is the case for the USA who just crammed all the indians in small lands around oklahoma.

Ok now you must be joking. :) Or maybe I did end up in the middle ages afterall.

Ok, I was joking.

Ok now you must be joking. :) Or maybe I did end up in the middle ages afterall.

My Time Machine WORKS!

You know I was watching this documentary on the Aztecs today and now the mexican flag is alot more meaningful for me. Apparently there was a Aztec legend that foretold that they should settle a great city where an eagle touched down on a cactus. And so they did and that city became Tenochtitlan, a city twice the size of London and Paris at the time. Great stuff. You live in an interesting country Cesar. The original indigenous culture is much more woven into the fabric of Mexico than for instance is the case for the USA who just crammed all the indians in small lands around oklahoma.

I'm live in Mexico too! and indeed that was the prophecy "Un Aguila devorando una serpiente" <An eagle devouring a serpent> I'm very proud of my country and expect soon my entry in the contest of our great flag! ;)

It will be difficult to surpass Nocturnus devouring it's own tail. ;)

I wasn't aware Nokturnus had a tail.

Damn! I ment Malroth ofcourse.That's what you get from posting after coming back from a night out. Sorry bros! :P

No harm, no foul.

Submission:

United Slimes of America Flag

UnitedSlimesofAmerica.jpg

I'm certainly gonna have to try hard if I hope to even come close to that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Look out!

Goosraeli Flag

Goosraeliflag.png

Let's fly this up the flagpole and see if anybody salutes it:

The Flag of the Dread Islands.

DreadIslandsFlag.jpg

Extended deadline by a week due to internet issues.

Submission attacking!:

Goorean Flag

Gooreanflag.png

Hail to the flag:

Greygnarl Mexican Flag

Flag.png

Hail to the flag:

Greygnarl Mexican Flag

Flag.png

Boy.

Oh Boy.

Wormonger. Finally some recognition.

And that Greygnarl in the background is also nice.

Although realistically (in the DQIX world), isn't grygnarl and corvus enemies? just saying. why would corvus put his enemy on his flag?

Although realistically (in the DQIX world), isn't grygnarl and corvus enemies? just saying. why would corvus put his enemy on his flag?

Well, Corvus has been reborn as the Masked Master of Mimicry and the flag is merely a design submitted to him in order to live and not become Great Sabercat Food.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought it had been said multiple times that the intro to the contests is just there to give it a special flavor and can (must) just as easily be discarded when the entries start coming (or before).

I guess it cannot hurt to say it one more time...

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought it had been said multiple times that the intro to the contests is just there to give it a special flavor and can (must) just as easily be discarded when the entries start coming (or before).

You are indeed correct.

All hail the flag:

Devola Flag

DevolaFlag.jpg

You are indeed correct.

Yeah i know guys. im just giving heck to people other than my own submissions. I'm just kidding

Archived