Contest #94-If Dragon Quest Invaded Your Country

Iamage Courtesy of King ZenithCanada_Leafy_Larriken.png

It was a dark and stormy cliche of a night when it happened. A large, ghostly ship arrived in your country. He was back stronger than ever. Corvus, now reborn as The Masked Master of Mimicry(winner of Contest #93-Design a Devastating Deity)dddabcE2.jpg has teamed up with Captain Crow and have taken over your country. Now a slave for them, you have been tasked with creating a new flag for the new country. Starving Slave Democrobot begs:

Design a flag or anthem for this country or you shall forever reproduce to be slaughter feed for him. Thou who creates the most desirable flag or anthem shall recieve a badge of immunity.Thou must seeketh to adhere strictly to the objective and rules, lest your submissions be stricken from the Imperial Scrolls of Honor:

Objective:

Design a flag or an anthem for this country based off of an already existing country's flag or anthem. The submission can be submitted in various forms, such as sprite, drawing, lego, clay, sculpture, ect.

Rules:

1) You may submit a maximum of two entries for this contest

2) Submissions must be sent to me via PM

3) You have until Saturday, November 3, 2012, 12:00PM MST(Mountain Standard Time) to send me your submissions

4) Please submit your own original content only. You may not submit work that someone else has done.

5) BE ORIGINAL

Accepted submissions will be voted on by the Den community, so please do your best to keep your submissions anonymous. I will post all content to this thread as I receive it. The top three voted submissions will be crowned as our winners. If you have any questions, ask here or via PM.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Considered it, but I won't actually enter.

Too bad, I was actually hoping for a good contest.

I'm allowing Nation Anthems as well, as long as they are DQ-ifyed. So now people can choose either an existing country's flag OR National Anthem.

Are we allowed to use existing artwork like in the example or should it all be original?

...Could it be possible that your next contest have nothing to do with art?

I can asure you it shall not. This is just to finish my Trilogy.

Despite the contest title, I'm assuming the base flag doesn't HAVE to be of the contributor's own country? That's kinda what I'm getting from the objective, yo.

Despite the contest title, I'm assuming the base flag doesn't HAVE to be of the contributor's own country? That's kinda what I'm getting from the objective, yo.

No, it doesn't have to be your own flag or anthem, just from ANY existing country. I'm currently thinking about doing an American flag

What about potential countries, like Cascadia?

cascadian-flag.jpg

I'll allow it as long as you include a little note about which potential country it is.

First submissions:

Malroth Mexican Flag

Malroth20Mexican20Flag.jpg

Slime Saba Flag

Sabaflag.png

Ha! Those are all pretty clever ideas! Neat contest idea Democrobot.

Thank you.

Got my idea already.

I hope it does not match someone else's.

Ahahaha ya participaste uh? Pero supongo no importa tener 2 participantes con la misma bandera, siempre y cuando sea diferente el dibujo o la idea no? XD

Yo creo que repetir país está bien (teniendo la mejor bandera del mundo, no podemos esperar que nadie más la quiera usar).

A question.

Is the example flag participating in the contest?

Yo creo que repetir país está bien (teniendo la mejor bandera del mundo, no podemos esperar que nadie más la quiera usar).

Si Venezuela tuviera una bandera más bonita, yo participaría usándola...

A question.

Is the example flag participating in the contest?

Si Venezuela tuviera una bandera más bonita, yo participaría usándola...

No, it is not. And Venezuela isn't THAT bad.

Awevo! Peeeroooo y los nopales en esa bandera? no se ve tan mexicana sin los nopalitos!!

I must say this contest is pretty hard. Like it's not easy to link a country and definitely it's flag to dragon quest safe for some that have lions or eagles on them. Butan has a dragon on it's flag though! ;)

Submission draws near:

The Dragon Quest Vatican

vaticandq.jpg

Archived