;) If I remember right it is but there is plenty of post game content. I stopped playing after I got the Happiness Box ^^;

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are DQ series related game only in released in Japanese and waiting to be translated for over years: Slime Mori Mori (GBA) (There is a translation patch work is going of for years but i don't t

They all have sales, all the time. There is always something on sale on all three of those services. Also, DQ wars is already pretty cheap.

I only got Wars to make sure that SE got DQ sales.

I don't know about Torneko 1, but I've got The Last Hope on PSX and I ripped it to make my own eboot too. And Yangus doesn't require you to know a lot of japanese, I've been playing it fine. You just need to have an emulator or a modded PS2.

;) Slight Off Topic-ness: Thanks to Indogutsu, I have some character sets of the monsters you encounter in Torneko 2 that I am using in my Rocket Slime game.

Back on to topic, I have a PSX Emulator so I suppose I should give this game a whirl at some point

• 1 year later...

Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (PSP) isn't in the OP. Contrary to popular belief, this is actually a different game, not the same as Special.

The translation patch listed for Special is no longer being worked on, but a new one (my own), is. No download link yet, though, as I still have plenty of work to do. But progress updates are posted here: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30940&page=1

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • 2 weeks later...

Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (PSP) isn't in the OP. Contrary to popular belief, this is actually a different game, not the same as Special.

The translation patch listed for Special is no longer being worked on, but a new one (my own), is. No download link yet, though, as I still have plenty of work to do. But progress updates are posted here: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30940&page=1

I tried to play PSP version with that old translation patch but lots of stuff were untranslated. Now I have a Wii and Boom Street, which are great. Strongly recommended. But thanks for your your new translation patch effort, translation patches are always welcome :)

By the way, any plans to translate Young Yangus? I'm dying to play that :)

By the way, any plans to translate Young Yangus? I'm dying to play that :)

Do I have plans to translate that game? Not currently. I'd love to do it, but my Japanese skills aren't good enough to tackle a game like that on my own. Also, A while ago I did some tests and was unable to find where/how the text is stored, so I have no way of editing it anyway. Maybe in the future when my Japanese language skills and my game modding skills are stronger.

As for Itadaki Street Portable... The patch available for that game is more complete than the one for Special. Perhaps you haven't tried recently enough? It's not finished, but it's fully playable, and considering there are no better alernatives, I think it should be listed here.

Do I have plans to translate that game? Not currently. I'd love to do it, but my Japanese skills aren't good enough to tackle a game like that on my own. Also, A while ago I did some tests and was unable to find where/how the text is stored, so I have no way of editing it anyway. Maybe in the future when my Japanese language skills and my game modding skills are stronger.

As for Itadaki Street Portable... The patch available for that game is more complete than the one for Special. Perhaps you haven't tried recently enough? It's not finished, but it's fully playable, and considering there are no better alernatives, I think it should be listed here.

Ah, I was talking about PS2 version, sorry about that, my mistake. As I remember correctly, it was playable but lots of text were untranslated. Don't know about the PSP version :)

I really love Mystery Dungeon series by the way, that's why I asked about Yangus. I hope translation patches will be released for Young Yangus and Torneko 3 someday...

;) I'm more hyped for Young Yangus myself, I mean come on it's Yangus and who doesn't love Ol' Yangus?

• Upvote 1

;) I'm more hyped for Young Yangus myself, I mean come on it's Yangus and who doesn't love Ol' Yangus?

Yangus approved

Ah, I was talking about PS2 version, sorry about that, my mistake. As I remember correctly, it was playable but lots of text were untranslated. Don't know about the PSP version :)

I really love Mystery Dungeon series by the way, that's why I asked about Yangus. I hope translation patches will be released for Young Yangus and Torneko 3 someday...

There's already a patch for Torneko 3 GBA! (But - it's in Chinese...  :P ) There actually was once an English translation project, they even had either released a partial patch, or it got leaked, as I've played it! But I no longer have the patch or the patched ROM and I can't find any trace of it on the internet.  :(

EDIT: Proof I'm not crazy:

4026631979_ffb6e09dfe.jpg

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • 2 years later...

BIG UPDATE!

PS3 version of Dragon Quest Builders has a 100% English translation patch. That's how I played it on my PS3.

They did it by using the Vita version's language files: https://froidromhacks.wordpress.com/2018/02/15/dragon-quest-builders-bljm61311-v0-9-english-patch-ps3/

Do you have any updates by the way?

• Upvote 1
On 9/12/2012 at 7:44 PM, knighTeen87 said:

These are DQ series related game only in released in Japanese and waiting to be translated for over years:

Slime Mori Mori (GBA) (There is a translation patch work is going of for years but i don't think it will be released: http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=slimedq )

Torneko 3: Mysterious Dungeon (PS2 & GBA) (No translation)

Young Yangus (PS2) (No translation. I really want to play this)

DQ Monsters I & II (PSX) (There is a translation work is going on but I'm losing my hope: http://aerie.wingdreams.net/?p=172 )

DQ Monsters Joker 2 Pro (DS) (No translation)

Itadaki Street (PS2) (There is a translation patch is going on and only menus are translated yet: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1606/ )

Itadaki Street (DS) (A translation patch is on the works: http://gbatemp.net/topic/258010-itadaki-street-ds-open-translation/ )

We should update this with the 3DS games & such too.  It's been 6 years since this post!  I'm currently playing Joker 3 translated.  Put in about 3-4 hours last night.  Getting close to end game.

• 1 year later...

It's been 8 years since I created this topic and it seems like not much has changed sadly. There are still lots of DQ side games with has no fan translation patches... :(

Anyway, I will check and refresh the list though.

• Like 1