Sign in to follow this  
Cairne Gotha

Infinite Space

So I've been feening to play an outer space RPG. I've played RPG's based in medieval times, futuristic, and semi-current times...but I never played one taking place in space.

My buddy has been telling me to get ahold of a ROM for Phantasy Star 3, but I don't have enough patience to play RPG's on console or computer.

So I recently found out about Infinite Space. Got myself a copy, and was wondering if there was anyone around who had played Infinite Space.

Your buddy is a troll. Play Phantasy Star 4.

He might have said IV, I am going off of faint memories here from conversations months ago.

Phantasy Star IV is an amazing game :D i use to own it...but it got stolen :(

there is even a hack for it to make it alot harder and also gives you different skills and what not

I've played up to the Air Castle in that hack, it just evens the game out. Little harder, but not by much.

Have you played Star Ocean?

I've not. And I don't have a PS3 or 360 nor do I have a PSP. I could rom the english hack from super famicom I guess. But again I'm looking for something on DS.

If you're looking for a solid DS RPG, try Radiant Historia. I'd suggest Black Sigil, but it's imfamous for it's encounter rate.

I actually have been looking at Radiant Historia for a while.

But in this particular vein I was looking for a solid DS RPG set in space. So I chose Infinite Space. But if you know of others on DS let me know.

dam right i have played infinite space, n it is easily one of the greatest rpg's ever made, and these days im realy iching for a sequal - i want to destroy those overlord pr#cks - with nintendo taking an intrest in 'platinum games' i live in hope, since it did sell well in japan. o ye sorry for the realy late post only just come across this topic

You're fine.

And for "space" RPGs, there's always the Star Ocean series, which goes up to PS3/360.

well since people have been phantasy star, i have to say the first one for the master system is a brilliant game, one of my all time best rpg's n it deserves to played, im not a fan of the newer phantasy stars - it should have stayed turn based in my eyes