Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

;) I go more for a slight balance in things, mostly due to no competitive playing. (That's something I NEVER want to do) I don't even specialize types when forming a team, rather focusing on a variety of types. Though technically if you were to look at my team in Pokemon X and Y you'd probably say "You specialize in Double Types".

The thing with me is that I am basically a casual battler, but I have a mild interest in competitive(at least in looking at it).

I've only saved two battles from online, both which I won, I would have saved my losses if they were more interesting.

One loss was due to me being in the middle of a breeding spree while being online, I had Talonflame and a bunch of Eevees and found out I couldn't setup a team from anywhere. My fault, so I faced defeat with dignity. Definitely broke my habit of breeding online.

My second loss was a no holds barred(i.e. you better be at level 100, I wasn't) battle. I was mainly in the 70s and he was 90s. My fault, but I didn't mind, we both shared FCs afterwards. Also notable for both me and him leading with shinies(Me Lilligant, him Zoroark).

The last one was a competitive battler, which things were grey area for the most part until he brought out a Toxic Boost Zangoose.

Again, these would have been interesting to save if I could helped make the fights more interesting regardless of winning or losing.

;) I mostly play the single player game. I don't even really battle with friends, despite a couple of people wanting me to. :laugh:

;) I mostly play the single player game. I don't even really battle with friends, despite a couple of people wanting me to. :laugh:

Which is fine. :thumbsup:

Admittedly, my plans for 5/6 IV breeding are still somewhat haphazard due to me not really planning out any real team synergy.

I have a question.

I've never used the Pokemon Bank before. Is it possible to use it to trade pokemon with other people? The guides I have seen for it dont seem very helpful in this regard.

;) Pokemon bank is basicly a cloud storage for all of your Pokemon. Right now you could use it to transfer Gen IV and V Pokemon over to Gen VI all for an annual fee (or is it monthly?).

;) Pokemon bank is basicly a cloud storage for all of your Pokemon. Right now you could use it to transfer Gen IV and V Pokemon over to Gen VI all for an annual fee (or is it monthly?).

Annual fee. Also to answer the question Tesla asked it's not really meant for trading it is more of a means to move Pokemon from previous games and to store them.

;) I thought it was an Annual Fee. Also a LOT of people are probably doing this since the WiFi service will be shut down in a couple of months.

Man, Pokemon that use the yellow training balls(like my Whimsicott, Dipper) are more difficult to use in Super Training.

I'll be finishing up with Poketransfer this week. I also have a 4 day weekend coming up, so I'll be attempting to get a 100 battle streak in the Battle Maison.

Can somebody answer this question for me? My friend restarted his Pokemon Y, so if I interact with him, will I be able to get another friend safari or is it based on the 3DS used?

It's based on the 3DS.

It's based on the 3DS.

That's unfortunate. But thanks for clearing that up.

No problem. It's more of a mixed bag to me as it can even register friend safaris of people who don't have the game, this is because it goes by friend code.

So I've started playing Black 2 as I never played it before and want to get it complete before wifi dies in May. Is Snivey really that horrible of a starter? I'm having a hell of a time and I have random first encountered monsters that are a lower level, but have higher stats than him. I mean her, as I got a female one.

Only 2 hours into it and I needed to grind for the 1st gym. Yuck!

I'll be finishing up with Poketransfer this week. I also have a 4 day weekend coming up, so I'll be attempting to get a 100 battle streak in the Battle Maison.

I wish you the best of luck with that. I've only gotten up to 49 before the game cheated me out of a victory. SO close to that 50 streak.

So I've started playing Black 2 as I never played it before and want to get it complete before wifi dies in May. Is Snivey really that horrible of a starter? I'm having a hell of a time and I have random first encountered monsters that are a lower level, but have higher stats than him. I mean her, as I got a female one.

Only 2 hours into it and I needed to grind for the 1st gym. Yuck!

Yeah, Snivy's not the ...best starter in the world. You get a lot of better moves in the future, but unless you have an attack boosting nature, don't expect to just plow through everything. Luckily Black 2 has a lot of wild pokemon to choose from early on.

Yeah, my caught Pokemon are getting me through.

Currently EV training my Bellossom. Level 3 Hit Point Super Training is a pain in the butt(Stupid Wailord balloon).

• Upvote 1

;) That one early on can be a huge pain to deal with especially if your trying to get the Medals. I have one question regarding Super Training that I can't believe I've not asked yet. Is there a formula that determines what type of Super Training Bag you get? Like the S, M, L or the X2 ones?

No, it's completely random.

;) Hmmmmmmmm, for some reason I honestly thought there was some kind of forumulation for acquiring the bags. Like depending on how fast you finish the Super Training Regimine.

You'll find that you will have a nice queue of 'mons to pick from.

;) That one early on can be a huge pain to deal with especially if your trying to get the Medals.

I've found that some of the training games are easier with different Pokemon than others.

The Pokemon species seems to affect what color training balls they get, which can make training certain stats easier or harder.

My Lilligant uses blue training balls, these work well for the most part, although the Speed training sessions(Noivern balloon mainly) were more annoying(Mainly with trying to hit the targets on the wings).

Both my Bellossom and Whimsicott have yellow training balls, these are difficult to use on the Special Attack and especially the Hit Point training(For why my Whimsicott was trained in Special Attack, he has Infiltrator as his ability, I can't run a Prankster moveset. I'm training my Bellossom in Hit Points to augment her ability to take hits), but the Speed training one was pretty easy.

I figure about the only way to get the Wailord balloon done quicker is with a Pokemon that has a higher damage(at least similar to Lilligant's at minimum). I just realized that after I breed a Mawile, Hit Points is one of the stats I'll be raising(Please don't have the yellow training balls).

;) Most of my team have regular colored Soccar Balls (Black n White) thus I didn't have to much trouble with the regular regimines, It wasn't until I got to the Secret Unlockable Super Training Modes that I began to have trouble. Man those things love to throw out Balloons and Balls.

You'll find that you will have a nice queue of 'mons to pick from.

Magnemite just got me my 2nd badge.  Definitely wish I had a 2nd DS to trade some stuff over from my White game.

;) You know I didn't think about this but my old DS still works so I could actually trade some pokemon from Diamond, Pearl, Black and White over to X and Y, provided of course it's possible. Cause if it is, Thanks loads for the idea Platty :D