Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

You've certainly gotten my interest. Now, how does the Helix fossil come into this? I've seen several memes about Twitch involving the Helix fossil.

Funny you mention that because I was going to put something about that in my original post but decided to nix that part. It's just something the player character "uses" a lot when he opens the bag. Another meme you might see a lot relates to when he released his starter Pokemon, Charmander, which I think was a Charizard at the time.

I figured out that I have the options to breed a 5/6 perfect IV DW Minccino down the line, although this will be later on after EV'ing my ingame Pokemon.

Currently on my second set of Maranga and Kee berries and at 20 Adamant Marvel Scale Extremespeed Dratini, still have alot to go.

Edited by Stepchan

Finished with breeding my Dratini, got two with 31 HP/Atk/Def/Sdef/Spd.

Part of the reason for breeding these was to try out the Everstone and Destiny Knot combo for both natures and passing on 5 of the parent's IVs.

I'm keeping the female Dratini with the relevant IVs(I have an ideal nickname for this one) while 7 others(the other relevant IV included) are being held to the side for anyone that wants one 

The other 56 are for Wonder Trade.

Edited by Stepchan

Decided to check up on some of my other Pokemon's IVs.

Turns out two of the Mawile I got from Wonder Trade put me into an excellent position to Destiny Knot breed a perfect. I have a Japanese Male with all 6 perfect IVs and a female with 4 perfect IVs.

mabel_pines_by_janeyrockets-d586bft.png

Destiny Knot breeding with a higher chance for a shiny? Dudes, I'm there!

Edited by Stepchan

Better get all your trading done in the DS Pokemon games because apparently they're shutting down wifi services on those games. Sorry I can't put up a link to a source where I'm at but I'm sure if you take 2 seconds you'll find a number other topics about it with sources in them.

:) Are you kidding me? Why would they shut down WiFi services for one of their more popular titles?

I don't know. All I know is now I'll never be a Pokemon Master in Pokemon Diamond or SoulSilver and I'm pissed.

;) How are people supposed to trade Pokemon? Are they going to bring back wired trading like they did for the first three generations? This is a BAD move on Nintendo's Part if you ask me.

Wouldn't the Wifi shut off just mean you couldn't use the GTS and any other services that came with the online?

Local wireless(just between two DS systems) should still be possible.

Yeah, but I doubt I know anyone who even plays Pokemon Diamond/SoulSilver let alone would have any of the event Pokemon I still need.

Edited by eal

;) I'm guessing this was why they pushed the Pokemon Bank?

Yeah, but I doubt I know anyone who even plays Pokemon Diamond/SoulSilver let alone would have any of the event Pokemon I still need.

Now I see what you're talking about.

;) I'm guessing this was why they pushed the Pokemon Bank?

Probably, although it's first release in late December had those unintended consequences on the network. :P

Yeah, that's really kind of a bummer. Like if I ever wanted to go back and play DQIX again, I wouldn't be able to access the downloadable stuff. Granted I don't think I've used DS and Wii Wi-fi for a very long time now but it is kind of a harsh reality check knowing that that stuff will not always be there.

My Pokedex has 625 Pokemon in it. It is getting closer to being complete.

• Upvote 1

;) I'm guessing a LOT of people are going to be using Pro-Action Replay codes to complete their Pokedex come May.

;) I'm guessing a LOT of people are going to be using Pro-Action Replay codes to complete their Pokedex come May.

Aw come on, it's not that bad. I completed mine without cheating. And it's not like you can't trade between games anymore.

My Pokedex has 625 Pokemon in it. It is getting closer to being complete.

I'm only at 400+ in X(which I could easily boost by leveling up Pokemon, but I had been busy breeding and berry growing).

;) @Zenlon: Thing is, who is still playing Diamond and Pearl when there's still quite the fever over Pokemon X and Y? (And with good reason too Gen VI is pretty freaking awesome)

;) @Zenlon: Thing is, who is still playing Diamond and Pearl when there's still quite the fever over Pokemon X and Y? (And with good reason too Gen VI is pretty freaking awesome)

I'm just saying just because Wi-fi is shutting down doesn't make the National Dex harder to complete. Really X and Y have nearly everything available provided you have a healthy list of friend safaris. I nearly completed my dex simply by transferring stuff I already had from previous games.

I'm just saying just because Wi-fi is shutting down doesn't make the National Dex harder to complete. Really X and Y have nearly everything available provided you have a healthy list of friend safaris. I nearly completed my dex simply by transferring stuff I already had from previous games.

It's not just about completing your PokeDex in X and Y though. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White can't be completed. Whats worse is didn't Black/White come out in like 2010? That wasn't that long ago. And you're all forgetting that with X and Y, people are transferring their Pokemon over to those games, which cuts down the circulation of event Pokemon DRASTICALLY. Say I go to a comic or anime convention with a copy of Diamond. What are the chances of running into someone who can trade an event Pokemon with me when they've more than likely moved them over to X or Y?

It's not just about completing your PokeDex in X and Y though. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White can't be completed. Whats worse is didn't Black/White come out in like 2010? That wasn't that long ago. And you're all forgetting that with X and Y, people are transferring their Pokemon over to those games, which cuts down the circulation of event Pokemon DRASTICALLY. Say I go to a comic or anime convention with a copy of Diamond. What are the chances of running into someone who can trade an event Pokemon with me when they've more than likely moved them over to X or Y?

I suppose if you value having event pokemon on old carts it's a problem, but ...why would you? The only cases are the in-game events which aren't vital to the completion of the game at all. And it's not like they're going to release more events for any of those games. I don't really understand how this makes any Gen IV or V game un-completable. The event pokemon have never counted towards the dex completion. I guess if people really wanted to have a full pokedex for those games, then get to downloading soon? Interestingly, it does make legit event pokemon more valuable, though there are plenty of hacks and clones out there to negate that.

Well, it's not that it technically makes the game uncompletable but not having these Pokemon still leaves holes in your collection. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never complete Pokemon Red or Silver but it doesn't mean I'd like to have a complete PokeDex. If it really didn't matter to some people they would seek out event Pokemon in the first place.

Started utilizing the Super Training option.

Pretty tricky to get the hang of at first.

;) Really? I thought Super Training was fairly easy to grasp myself. It's also VERY addictive to play

It's mainly that I had to get it in my head that I needed use the circle analog pad while using the stylus to guide and aim. I was so use to using the D-pad in game before going into Super Training.

That said, I feel that Super Training is best for making sweepers and walls that are specialized in one area(mixed sweeper and mixed wall builds require wild battle EV training so you can more carefully keep track) since they made the EV cap 252.