Wonder Trade is a mixed bag.

On the one hand you'll sometimes get Pokemon with Hidden Abilities, great IVs, Pokerus(This happened to me yesterday) and sometimes foreign Pokemon to take a stab at MM shinies with.

On the other hand you still get trolls and newer players(young and old alike) that will send early game Pokemon(Which is excusable for new players, since they don't have too many options. Trolls are doing it for the lulz). It doesn't help that the Pokebank isn't available yet.

That said, I look at Wonder Trade this way. It's a great way to send my breeding leftovers while earning Pokemiles. Plus, some of the new players will get something early to help add to their dex, breed or add to their team if they like.

I've gotten some nice surprises from Wonder Trade as well, like a Modest Ditto and Timid Petilil(I tried the GTS for the latter, I'll get to that after this) from Japanese players.

When looking at the Zubat horde spam planned for Wednesday afternoon, it doesn't make me mad. I find it silly and unnecessary, but not malicious. It's still a better option overall than the intentional spamming of Bunnelby(done mostly by Japanese and U.S. gamers for trolling lulz) shortly after X and Y's release.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I've been using the Super Training to get more stones, but so far, I still need more Shiny stones. Does anybody know if it is one per Pokémon or if I can get the stone more than once using the same Pokémon?

I haven't Super Trained yet myself(been meaning too).

I'm glad I don't really use Wonder trade anymore really then. I was still doing it for a bit until I realized that I pretty much have anything anyone would be willing to trade through it. 

Speaking of which, if anyone is looking for anything in particular,version exclusives, starters, friend safari exclusive and whatnot, and you'd like to trade, let me know. I gots lots o' stuff.

I forgot to ask you earlier...

You don't happen to have a spare Skill Link Minccino do you? Gender doesn't matter. I have deposited something on the GTS asking for a Minccino(with Skill Link preferably), but I'm not holding my breath for a miracle to happen on there.

Well, someone did trade a Minccino for my Petilil on the GTS. It's not a Skill Link one though. Crap.

Still looking for a Skill Link Minccino.

Well, someone did trade a Minccino for my Petilil on the GTS. It's not a Skill Link one though. Crap.

I don't have one on me, but I can easily get one. I can be online for a good chunk of today if you wanted to trade.

I don't have one on me, but I can easily get one. I can be online for a good chunk of today if you wanted to trade.

Is there anything you want in particular for one? Like a Hidden Ability Pokemon I can breed or catch for you?

Off the top of my head I have Lapras, Eevee, Froakie, Kecleon, Munna, Diggersby, Sandshrew, Clefairy and Togetic with their hidden abilities(admittedly, a few of these hidden abilities aren't as practical as some of the regular ones).

Edit: I do have today off, so I can trade as pretty anytime later on.

Edited by Stepchan

I'm toying with my Ludicolo right now(it's mainly for in-game use, so the nature, EVs, IVs, and so on are crap). I was just wondering if I can get some opinions on the current moveset I have for it. It has Energy Ball, Hydro Pump, Toxic, and Ice Beam. Thoughts?(keep in mind this is mainly for in-game and some friendly battling use)

Is there anything you want in particular for one? Like a Hidden Ability Pokemon I can breed or catch for you?

Off the top of my head I have Lapras, Eevee, Froakie, Kecleon, Munna, Diggersby, Sandshrew, Clefairy and Togetic with their hidden abilities(admittedly, a few of these hidden abilities aren't as practical as some of the regular ones).

Eh, I already have those hidden ability ones, I don't really care, you can just give me anything. I just caught one and I'm online now. I'll be breeding Eevees and other stuff for a bit.

Actually, if you happen to have a hidden ability Shroomish or Breloom I'll take one of those, if not that's okay, just wondering.

Edited by Zenlon

Eh, I already have those hidden ability ones, I don't really care, you can just give me anything. I just caught one and I'm online now. I'll be breeding Eevees and other stuff for a bit.

Okay, I have breeding leftovers of Cleffa, Togepi and Petilil(with complimentive natures). I'm checking my game out right now to see if I forgot any DW ones I got. Do you want an Imposter Ditto?

I also have Magic Guard Abra, Mold Breaker Excadrill and Reckless Starly. (I know I have a few others, but my boxes are a cluttered mess)

Edited by Stepchan

Okay, I have breeding leftovers of Cleffa, Togepi and Petilil(with complimentive natures). I'm checking my game out right now to see if I forgot any DW ones I got. Do you want an Imposter Ditto?

I also have Magic Guard Abra, Mold Breaker Excadrill and Reckless Starly. (I know I have a few others, but my boxes are a cluttered mess)

Oh I'll take a Magic Guard Abra! I forgot I don't have one cause it's my own safari.

I'm going online now. Bred you a Modest one. It's Male(thank goodness males can pass hidden abilities this gen, that annoyed me that they couldn't in gen 5).

Edited by Stepchan
  • Upvote 1

I'm going online now. Bred you a Modest one. It's Male(thank goodness males can pass hidden abilities this gen, that annoyed me that they couldn't in gen 5).

Awesome, thanks!

• Upvote 1

And thank you! :wd_coolslime:

You also gave it Pokerus. That's my third Pokemon with it now(I need to spread around to the others later). I was toying with giving it to it, but I forgot. (Although I did check characteristics)

The thing is, I do have a Skill Link Minccino sitting in my copy of Black. But after seeing that they're in Friend Safaris on X/Y, I figured it be nice to get one earlier(It cuts down alittle on what I'll have to send later).

Also, I do believe that your Friend Safari is where I got it the DW abra from. I don't think anyone else has Abra in my list.

• Upvote 2

Another night, another Wonder Trade.

The majority were leftover Togepi from that breeding session. (I still have the leftover females though)

Next up will be Cleffa, but I'm not about to do that tomorrow. Don't want to get hit with Zubats.

Got a few nice surprises, a few of note are Vulpix, Shroomish and Goomy with their Hidden Abilities.

Also accidently traded my Lucky Egg away. Not that it's that necessary, but still... I'll need someone with a Normal type Safari sporting Chansey in it to get another Lucky Egg.

• Upvote 1

I have these Pokémon in my friend safari so far (can get their wonder ability)

Pupitar, Exadrill, Hoothoot, Spearow, Nosepass, Munna, Espurr, Solois, Cacturne, Vullaby, Liepard, Phanpy, Dugtrio, Magneton, Skarmory, Grumpig, Sigliph, Boldore

I ended up deciding to Wonder Trade today.

I have gotten some Zubats, but it hasn't been as crazy as I thought.

My friends and I have decided to do a side-by-side Nuzlocke challenge for Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. We plan to battle each other after each Gym Leader. Wish me luck.

I noticed something about the areas around the Power Plant.

One section has magma

Another has a river

Third one has wind turbines

Last one is spacey

I just wonder how 250px-383Groudon.png this 250px-382Kyogre.pngcould 250px-384Rayquaza.pngall deoxys-normal.jpg relate.

Edited by Poppybro

I noticed something about the areas around the Power Plant.

One section has magma

Another has a river

Third one has wind turbines

Last one is spacey

I just wonder how 250px-383Groudon.png this 250px-382Kyogre.pngcould 250px-384Rayquaza.pngall deoxys-normal.jpg relate.

Interesting hypothesis. I never noticed this before.

On a silly note, I counted the amount of Zubats I actually got through Wonder Trade yesterday.

I traded over 50 Pokemon yesterday and got 16 Zubats out of it. I actually laughed abit. One was called Max Repel(it was even holding one), another called Zubat Confrmd and even one called TROLOLOLOLOL(something along that line).

The trades I did were most of the breeding leftovers I got, Cleffa and Petilil.

I still have 4 leftover Togepi, Cleffa and Petilil(well, 5 if you count the ones I'm reserving for my nephew). Did that on purpose in case others might want some(or if someone wants to trade with me while I'm online).

Edited by Stepchan

So, far anybody who follows the X and Y competitive battling scene, Mega Gengar has been banned due to its Perish Song/Shadow Tag combo. Of course, you can easily counter it with Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, or Sound Proof.

In other news, my Nuzlocke challenge on Platinum has gone somewhat south. I have two Bidoof(HM slaves), two Zubat(one of which I'm using), a Magikarp(someday it will evolve...), a Monferno(figured why not?), a Budew(couldn't hurt to use one), a Geodude(may never use it), and a Machop(don't feel like using it). I need to grind for the first gym.

Edited by Democrobot