I went crazy getting those Vivillons when I first got the game. It took me forever to get to the 3rd gym cause I was too busy trading. I ultimately got all except Monsoon which, other than Sandstorm, is pretty much impossible to find. So my collection remains incomplete. :(

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I took awhile early on due to me leveling extra Pokes.

On yet another Friend Safari note, I'm wondering if Primeslime has the Normal or Fire Friend Safari.

Because if his is the Normal type one, it's a pretty good one.

Dunsparce, Kecleon and lastly... Ditto!!!!  :wd_coolslime::thumbsup::overjoyed2:

You read that right... Ditto! Both Kecleon and Ditto have cool hidden abilities. Protean for Kecleon and Imposter for Ditto. I caught one of each.

Here's a list I found for all of the Vivillon patterns(please note that it may not be 100% accurate):

Locations

1.River: •Australia (New South Wales and South Australia confirmed, although it seems all states are the same)

2.Meadow: •Austria

•Japan

•France

•Germany

•Italy

•Luxembourg

•UK

3.Elegant: •Japan (Hokkaido)

•USA

4.Modern: •USA (Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisianna, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Olkahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia)

•Canada (Manitoba)

•Bulgaria

5.Polar: •Canada (Alberta, New Brunswick, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia)

•Sweden

•Norway

•USA (Alaska, Conneticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Wyoming)

6.Garden: •UK

•USA (Virginia)

•Czech Republic

•Ireland

•Australia (Tasmania)

•New Zealand

•Poland

7.Marine: •Austria

•Chile

•France

•Germany

•Greece

•Italy

•Poland

•Spain

•Potugal

•Greece

8.Continental: •Belgium

•France

•Germany

•Korea

•Poland

•Russia

•Netherlands

•USA (Colorado)

9.Tundra: •Norway

•Iceland

10.Sun: •Mexico

11.Icy Snow: •Finland

•Canada (Nuvanaut, Yukon)

•Norway

12.High Plains: •USA (Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, Idaho, Washington)

•Canada (British Columbia)

13.Jungle: •Malaysia

•Colombia

•Singapore

14.Ocean: •USA (Hawaii)

15.Savannah •Brazil

•Peru

16.Sandstorm •United Arab Emirates

•Somalia

17.Monsoon •Hong Kong

•India

•Japan

18.Archipelago •Puerto Rico

•Saint Lucia

•South Africa (Western Cape)

Yeah, this is why I'm bummed I'll never get a Monsoon, cause the easiest solution is to get another 3DS with a copy of X or Y and change the 3DS location. But I'm pretty sure you can't set a US 3DS to Hong Kong, India, or Japan. Also, they go on the GTS in a fraction of a second. Maybe when the next game(s) come out there will be a resurgence of people playing and trading and I'll find one.

The Garden one is the only one I can't remember where I got it from exactly. Mainly due to the amount of locations it can come from.

That can be a problem with trying to get something rare(or at least somewhat harder to get) in trade from the GTS.

For example:

I noticed the amount of Togepi's on the GTS are numerous last night. A big problem is that the majority were asking for Legendaries(Xerneus and Yveltal being quite frequent obviously) or currently unobtainable Pokemon(things like Whimsicott, Hoopa, Mew and Victini). That's not counting the ones who intentionally want evolutions that they could do on their own(I seen Sylveon requested, it's not hard to evolve one, as you only have to raise it's affection to 2 hearts, 3 minimum if you want to play it safe) or Pokemon you can't possibly have at that level they're requesting(Legendaries like Yveltal at level 1 to 10, you can only  catch it at level 50).

The Togepi I did get was from someone who lied about it's attributes(which is why he was asking for a Yanma, while claiming Modest, 5 IV serene grace), although I was more concerned with getting a Togepi in general instead of trying to get a perfect one. I can evolve it into Togetic and breed to work around it.

Any one have an extra Chespin or Squirtle that they would be willing to trade to me the only thing I have to trade right at the moment is a Froakie or Fennekin?

Edit: If both Froakie or Fennekin don't interest ya I'm also willing to trade a Bagon or Larvitar.

Edited by ethanej

Something to note with getting the Vivillon patterns is that although it doesn't work when you switch your 3DS region setting during the game, but if you do it before you start your file, it will work(or so they say).

I got my garden one from New Zealand, and I believe Tasmania's pattern is garden as well.

Victoria is definitely River.

I don't even know what my friend safari is, but I pretty much give Pokémon away (and can obtain nearly anything)

FC: 4382-2504-2846

Name: Cureslime (Does putting the name even matter during registration?)

I don't even know what my friend safari is, but I pretty much give Pokémon away (and can obtain nearly anything)

Registered you can find mine here. Putting the name doesn't matter as after both people have registered each other it sets it to what you have listed on the 3DS/2DS.

Edit: you are rock type. So far I have seen Rhydon,  Boldore, and Onix.

Edited by ethanej

Any one have an extra Chespin or Squirtle that they would be willing to trade to me the only thing I have to trade right at the moment is a Froakie or Fennekin?

Edit: If both Froakie or Fennekin don't interest ya I'm also willing to trade a Bagon or Larvitar.

I have a couple of foreign Chespin, don't know about Squirtle, unless I got one from Wonder Trade*, so I can spare you one if you haven't traded yet. (If the offer is still available I could use a Froakie)

*Turns out that I have a female Wartortle that I can breed for you. If it's still available, does nature matter?

You can add me if you want - 4227-2089 -8054 (Just let me know when you have)

Edited by Stepchan
  • Upvote 1

I have a couple of foreign Chespin, don't know about Squirtle, unless I got one from Wonder Trade*, so I can spare you one if you haven't traded yet. (If the offer is still available I could use a Froakie)

*Turns out that I have a female Wartortle that I can breed for you. If it's still available, does nature matter?

Yeah the offer is still available. Not too concerned about natures right at the moment. Oh yeah before I forget I'll probably be online until 8PM EST though the the only time I won't be is if I have something else to do.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the offer is still available. Not too concerned about natures right at the moment. Oh yeah before I forget I'll probably be online until 8PM EST though the the only time I won't be is if I have something else to do.

Oh man, I could have used Froakie for a Squirtle.  I need to check this more actively!

You can add me if you want - 4227-2089 -8054 (Just let me know when you have)

Either of you mind adding me? My code is 2578-3899-9429

Oh man, I could have used Froakie for a Squirtle.  I need to check this more actively!

Either of you mind adding me? My code is 2578-3899-9429

I have an other Froakie if you need one. Also I added your friend code.

Plattym3, I've added you. :thumbsup:

Edit: You still need Chespin, ethanej?

I can trade you that while Plattym3 can with Squirtle.

Edited by Stepchan

Added Stepchan, Plattym3 and ethanej. Should I keep my Chansey as a Chansey with Eviolite, or should I evolve it into a Blissey?

About to add you Poppybro. Just need to save really quick.

Now added.

I'm currently online too.

A thumbs up to Ethanej. :thumbsup:

Edited by Stepchan

A thumbs up to Ethanej. :thumbsup:

Thank You Stepchan and Plattym3. I now have all the starter Pokemon from Gen I and VI now I just wish that we could get Mudkip and Treecko.

No problem, ethanej. ^^

That's actually the first time I traded directly with someone, not counting my first in the Friend List(or GTS and WT), because the trade was cancelled. Some of what he offered I couldn't think of anything worthy to offer him in return(two of them were shinies, a Swablu and Altaria, you can see why I was indecisive).

That reminds me, I noticed the game chat option. Does that only work for online battles? Or can it work for other options?

Edited by Stepchan

I started today with over 600,000 P saved up. I now have under 70,000 P left. That's what I get for buying TMs and a bunch of Full Restore and Revives.

In other news, I tried my hand at chain fishing and... still no shiny yet, although I did get a Dratini in the process.

No problem, ethanej. ^^

That's actually the first time I traded directly with someone, not counting my first in the Friend List(or GTS and WT), because the trade was cancelled. Some of what he offered I couldn't think of anything worthy to offer him in return(two of them were shinies, a Swablu and Altaria, you can see why I was indecisive).

That reminds me, I noticed the game chat option. Does that only work for online battles? Or can it work for other options?

I have a shiny Pokemon that I want to do a temp trade with and I keep forgetting about it. So far the only Shiny Pokemon I've had are Machop, Machoke, Poliwhirl, and Poliwrath. I think it does work with trades but I don't know what is like though as I have never used it.

I've never enabled mine, will have to try sometime.

With me getting Petilil, Cleffa and Togepi(as well as getting some other hidden ability Pokemon from Friend Safari) from GTS and WT, I figured now is a good time to breed(as well as try a little MM shiny quest). I do plan to offer some of my breeding spares on here after I've finished.

Thanks for adding me all & thanks for the Froakie!  Gonna breed more starters and send them off in the great big Wonder Trade beyond.  Got a ditto from that that's working for everyone.

I think we should start a National Vivillon Day, a day where people trade their respective Vivillon over Wonder Trade so that people can get more forms. What do you guys think?