• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I've hatched 600 froakie eggs, no shiny froakie. Yet.

I would assume 1/680ish would apply to MMing. It does make sense; I don't actually have a lot of luck when it comes to MMing, just sick determination.

I'm trying to see the positive side - the IVs on the shiny hatchling will hopefully be usable, I have almost a boxload of 5xPerfect froakies, and I don't need to think of something different to do until it does finally show up. And my media collection is getting a workout.

I've beaten the main game now.

It was my fully evolved starter that defeated her mega evolved Gardevoir, it survived two Shadow Balls. Although she survived the second hit due to her Pokemon Amie bonuses.

Edited by Stepchan

Checking out the Friend Safari.

For the users on here...

ethanej has Steel, so far Magneton and Skarmory are on it.

MetriodXPS has Psychic, with Grumpig and Wobbefett so far.

I'm trying to figure out who the third person is, as their 3DS name doesn't match any name I know of on here.

It was my fully evolved starter that defeated her mega evolved Gardevoir, it survived two Shadow Balls. Although she survived the second hit due to her Pokemon Amie bonuses.

Really? I hit her, then she healed and that went on for a while. Never experienced that issue though.

Really? I hit her, then she healed and that went on for a while. Never experienced that issue though.

I was talking about my starter surviving two Shadow Balls.

Flandre(my Delphox) use Blast Burn during the mega evolving.

The champion's Pokemon survives in the red, it hits Flandre with Shadow Ball doing over around 60%-ish damage.

Flandre recharges, champion used Full Restore.

Flandre used Shadow Ball, opponent Pokemon takes slighty over 50% damage, it hits Flandre with Shadow Ball again.

(Here I was thinking my starter was going to be K.O.'d and I'd have to switch in my Blastoise who I mega evolved earlier)

Flandre held on. (I love Pokemon Amie even more now)

Flandre used Shadow Ball, pop! Champion's Pokemon is K.O.'d.

The icing on this is the fact that it was her last Pokemon in the fight.

Checking out the Friend Safari.

For the users on here...

ethanej has Steel, so far Magneton and Skarmory are on it.

MetriodXPS has Psychic, with Grumpig and Wobbefett so far.

I'm trying to figure out who the third person is, as their 3DS name doesn't match any name I know of on here.

I've got Espurr, Gothorita, and Abra for anyone interested in adding me. FC is 2492-4313-5245

If the third was "JellyBean" that would have been me.

I spotted a "Strawberry" on PSS in my friends list, but I didn't recognize the name, I suspect the FC is only on one 3DS - I changed the cartridge over so my friend could tell me what the third pokemon was.

3DS #1 (Silver) has Ledyba/Masquerain/Heracross

3DS #2 (Red) has Butterfree/Beautifly/Heracross.

That's the 3DS I usually have the cartridge in. Since the third pokemon is the same, I probably won't switch units very often any more.

Anyways, my shiny froakie finally showed up today - hatchling #638.

It does indeed have usable IVs along with the hidden ability I was aiming for - 31/31/31/31/x/31 Protean/Naive.

Edited by Sorgatani

Was going to put this game off for a bit, then my brother-in-law got it.  Since he's coming for an entire week next week, I thought I'd better get going.  Is it usual to take FOREVER to get moving around?  I'm 10 hours in and I really need to get beating that 2nd gym.  A bunch of pokemon I've received over Wonder Trade are not listening to me anymore I've leveled them too much!

Was going to put this game off for a bit, then my brother-in-law got it.  Since he's coming for an entire week next week, I thought I'd better get going.  Is it usual to take FOREVER to get moving around?  I'm 10 hours in and I really need to get beating that 2nd gym.  A bunch of pokemon I've received over Wonder Trade are not listening to me anymore I've leveled them too much!

The gyms in this one are spaced really weird. It takes forever to get to the 2nd gym from the first one. After that the gym pace picks up.

If the third was "JellyBean" that would have been me.

I spotted a "Strawberry" on PSS in my friends list, but I didn't recognize the name, I suspect the FC is only on one 3DS - I changed the cartridge over so my friend could tell me what the third pokemon was.

3DS #1 (Silver) has Ledyba/Masquerain/Heracross

3DS #2 (Red) has Butterfree/Beautifly/Heracross.

That's the 3DS I usually have the cartridge in. Since the third pokemon is the same, I probably won't switch units very often any more.

Anyways, my shiny froakie finally showed up today - hatchling #638.

It does indeed have usable IVs along with the hidden ability I was aiming for - 31/31/31/31/x/31 Protean/Naive.

I don't remember us sharing FCs(you can if you want)... I checked the status update page to find out who.

The third would be whichever Primeslime26 is on there. I do have two that are easy to identify because one is on my friend list on the PSS(The only one I can run into all three with for some reason) and the other told me he has Dark type. That leaves one Normal and one with Fire.

Congrats your shiny. :thumbsup:

Edited by Stepchan

I have a question about the Friend Safari.

I know some on here are in the post game, but I can only see two Pokemon on their's. Why is that? I also seem to have no luck with Hidden Abilities on all but the one where I can access all three.

I have a question about the Friend Safari.

I know some on here are in the post game, but I can only see two Pokemon on their's. Why is that? I also seem to have no luck with Hidden Abilities on all but the one where I can access all three.

The third only shows up when the person is online at the same time as you. After that their character will show up instead of the question mark. I believe hidden abilities may only show up if they have been online with you, at least it increases the rate you find those abilities. Once they've been on once they don't need to be on again to access that stuff.

Here's what Serebii.net has to say.

With each person, you get up to three Pokémon within each specific area, with the third Pokémon slot appearing should the person have defeated the Elite Four, with them getting Hidden Abilities if the player has been online at the same time as you. It also appears that the Pokémon found within the Friend Safari have got two IVs of 31.

I can't believe I missed that. ^

So we'd have to plan(or luckily be) to be online at the same time.

The one that I do have access to all 3 of is actually pretty cool. Ground type with Sandshrew, Marowak(probably the only one I'm not worried about) and Diggersby.

Already got Sandshrew and Diggersby with their hidden abilities.

I'm guessing I can't access my own though, as I haven't seen it.

Nope. Whatever Friend Safari you have, only others can access it. Speaking of which, mine is Bug type. The irony is making me melt(I can't stand bugs in real life).

Step-chan, your third is Duosion and ethanej has Skarmory, Magneton, and Excadrill.

Skarmory, Magneton, and Excadrill, sound like a decent safari.

From what I've heard from my friend(if I remember correctly), my Safari has Butterfree, Masquerain, and Heracross.

I just found a fairy tale that Disney did as an animated movie in my game Beauty and the Beast if you were wondering. Though they did change a part of it to fit the video game.

edit: Found this http://www.lolception.com/meme/Beauty_and_The_Beast_Pokemon_Edition/5268.html

Edited by ethanej

Step-chan, your third is Duosion and ethanej has Skarmory, Magneton, and Excadrill.

Thank you! :thumbsup:  Also got a Own Tempo Espurr out of your's. Something I really wanted(hunted for a Mold Breaker Excadrill in ethanej's, took a little while to catch though).

Not too bad overall. I need to get my nephew's as well to find out what he has. I'll be able to do that next week.

Nope. Whatever Friend Safari you have, only others can access it. Speaking of which, mine is Bug type. The irony is making me melt(I can't stand bugs in real life).

Which is a little silly to be unable to access.

Went on the GTS and Wonder Traded abit as well. Ended up with Haunter that evolved into Gengar(when I got the Haunter, I half expected it to be holding an Everstone, because some are clownish trolls on WT).

With the GTS, I found someone offering a Cleffa for something I actually had, a Tropius(thanks to a long ago Wonder Trade). The only thing is that it has it's hidden abilty, Friend Guard(which is better than Cute Charm, but not as good as Magic Guard). I'll have to evolve it and breed a non hidden ability one to evolve and then breed again.

One of my much much much more exciting Wonder Trades tonight is the Japanese timid Petilil I got! I remember trying to find a Petilil offer for something more reasonable than unaccessable or legendary Pokemon a few times on the GTS, about time I lucked out with one of Wonder Trade.

Edited by Stepchan

As soon as I can do wonder trade, I have a few Pokémon I'll be trading. They are Pumpkaboo and Flabebe. I also plan to spread a few Polar Vivillion around the world.

I have three different Vivillion patterns currently.

Modern(Mine, from Indiana), Sun(From a player in Mexico) and Garden(I forgot which country, might have been UK or Ireland, I'll have to check).