• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

My quest for the perfect Kangaskhan has taken a back seat. Back to working on the Pokédex for me.

My quest for the perfect Kangaskhan has taken a back seat. Back to working on the Pokédex for me.

Kangaskhan is one of nephew's favorite normal types.

Edited by Stepchan

Did my first GTS trade. Found someone who wanted Swirlix in exchange Spritzee. Good thing I've been breeding Swirlix.

Is anybody doing the Battle Chateau as much as I am? I've been so wrapped up with leveling up my rank and Pokémon. It seems to be an okay way to get a couple levels.

I've done it on and off, currently I'm at the second highest rank(my character is the girl in this playthrough, so that would be Marchioness I think).

For me, it's mainly to earn extra cash. Because of that, I've been using secondary members like my Floette, Bellossom, Talonflame and both Meowsticks(So that my central six don't grow too high in levels).

Edited by Stepchan

Well, since I beat the E4, I use it to grind up the levels of weaker Pokémon that I need to evolve for the data(currently I am using Litleo, Bagon, Psyduck, Pidgeotto, and Dwebble)

I'm still on the main game(I tend to be alittle bit of a Pokemon breeder at heart, which is part of the reason I'm still where I'm at).

I breed only as a Pokémon collector. I tried doing some in Gen V, but after several failed attempts to get a decent Scyther, I gave up.

• Upvote 1

They actually improved the mechanics for breeding this gen(I haven't paid attention to IVs as of yet, but am trying for other things).

I tried the Battle Institute last night. I wore my ass as a hat(2/7). I guess that's what I get for going in with no set strategy(I still earned 5BP and a Swift Wing). Maybe next time I'll make some kind of weather based team.

I've never actually fought in the Battle Tower/Institutes/Frontiers in any of my playthroughs, save for the one set of World Tournament fights you have to do in Black2/White2.

Edited by Stepchan

In X and Y, you kind of have to if you want TMs and items like the Life Orb.

Well, the only thing that really scared me away from those places was the amount battles versus the BP you actually got, although this gen's games are more generous with BP from what I read.

They did. You get 1 BP per battle(2 after 11 battles) and a bunch more after the 20th. It adds up fast. And then with the Battle Institute, you get BP + an item = Your Performance

• Upvote 1

It's +1 BP for every 10 battles you win and 20 for beating a Chatelaine. As long as your Pokemon are EV trained and you cover your weaknesses, getting through a 20 streak in singles is a breeze. That'll net you 48 BP easy.

Super singles is a different story. The points really rack up the higher you get. I got up to a 24 streak in super singles and got like 66 BP I think? I definitely could have made it further but apparently I decided bringing 2 fairies was a good idea. My Togekiss and Sylveon were destroyed by a Life Orbed Skuntank spamming poison jab. I couldn't even be mad cause I was dumb for bringing 2 of the same type to begin with.

I died doing the Single Battle on my 16th battle. Maybe I should have went in with more of a strategy than just attack. After some more Pokédex work, I'll go back and try to complete it(with EV trained Pokémon and an actual strategy). Though all things considered, I'm much more of a Double Battle kind of guy.

Stopped trying to get a shiny Swirlix for now, decided to hold off on that until the postgame.

I still have 4 others I'll be breeding before I continue and while I'm still using a foreign Pokemon(male adamant Chespin from Japan in this case), getting a shiny isn't the main objective for these.

What I'm wanting to get:

Super Luck Absol(not that it matters that much when using a Mega Stone)

Intimidate Mawile

Keen Eye Sentret

Buizel (It only has Swift Swim as it's normal ability)

All will be Adamant due to Everstone, and I'm wanting them to be Female(mainly because I have an easier time nicknaming female Pokemon for some reason).

Edited by Stepchan

If anybody here has "liked" Smogon University on Facebook, you'd have seen that they are doing a Pokémon giveaway. The prizes are as follows:

- Brave 31/31/31/X/31/0 Honedge
- Adamant 31/31/31/X/31/31 Thick Fat Swinub with Stealth Rock, Icicle Spear, Icicle Crash
- Adamant 31/31/31/X/31/31 Mawile with Sucker Punch, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang
- Adamant 31/31/31/X/31/31 Huge Power Marill with Belly Drum AND Aqua Jet!
- Adamant 31/31/31/X/31/31 Huge Power Bunnelby

and many more! Ready for EV training and to take their place on your team!

The rules are simple:

Simply 'Like' this Facebook page if you haven't already, 'Follow' the Twitter account, and write a tweet with '@SmogonU' and you will be eligible to receive one of -many- well-bred Pokemon graciously donated by some members of the site!

I don't use Twitter, but now I'm tempted just for this contest.

Just killed a shiny Whismur accidentally... I was EV training my Ampharos and I wasn't paying attention :/

Oh well, shiny Exploud's color isn't anything special so I'm not too torn up about it. But ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION before you kill hordes I guess.

Still haven't come across a single shiny yet. And I've been working on my Pokédex a lot lately. I thought by now I'd have at least seen one.

It's still down to luck on them(although Serebii's site does mention that the natural odds have been improved in X and Y). Look at me: shiny Roselia and shiny Gible(due to breeding with a foreign Pokemon, it popped up within 20 eggs. I was just breeding Psuedos, shinies wasn't even a priority). Yet I tried a bit for a MM'd shiny Smoochum and Swirlix with no results, ladyluck just hasn't been in the mood lately.

Just killed a shiny Whismur accidentally... I was EV training my Ampharos and I wasn't paying attention :/

Oh well, shiny Exploud's color isn't anything special so I'm not too torn up about it. But ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION before you kill hordes I guess.

That reminds me of the Hoppip horde I ran into the day after getting the MM shiny Gible. I misjudged which one the shiny was in the lineup and KO'd it. Didn't help that I was still waking up.

I haven't seen any shiny pokemon in-game yet, and am the only breeder I know of who didn't STOP BREEDING when they hatched a 6xPerfect pokemon.

But, I want my shiny frog.

I have been raising my Lumiose street-cred as well; Le Wow is down to 90k, the Venusaurite is down to 50k.

I want that Hatching Power! As far as I know, I'll get that around the same time that the Venusaurite drops to 10k.

I haven't seen any shiny pokemon in-game yet, and am the only breeder I know of who didn't STOP BREEDING when they hatched a 6xPerfect pokemon.

But, I want my shiny frog.

I have been raising my Lumiose street-cred as well; Le Wow is down to 90k, the Venusaurite is down to 50k.

I want that Hatching Power! As far as I know, I'll get that around the same time that the Venusaurite drops to 10k.

Did you know you can increase your style by just buying individual Premier Balls? Each time you buy one your style goes up. I bought like 170 of them and I went from no style to max in about 5 minutes. I mean, obviously this is the cheap no fun way, but I, like you, really wanted that hatching power.