I can't watch the video(due to limited internet). Would you mind telling me how this works?

Ok, I will try! Do you know that if you leave a pokémon in the day care and walk, it will gain experience points?

In lumiose city there is a big tower (?). We can ride around it forever (xD)in the same direction. You just need something to hold the directional button to the left/right!

Do you understand? Connect the charger and do something else while your pokémon is leveling up. :D

It is not hack or cheat. In the previous games this work the same way. The difference is that in these games we cant ride forever.

Edited by Rangel
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I watched it. But honestly, I wouldn't want to do that, at least at the point I'm at in the game(I'm at the 7th gym). I'm also a stickler for my movesets and would be concerned about them deleting moves.

You don't have wifi?

Nope. Haven't for quite a while ever(if I did, I'd be battling and getting event Pokémon when applicable).

I tried doing some Pokémon Maison today. I beat Multi Battle, thus unlocking Super Multi Battle. I tried Single Battle, but I lost at the 16th battle.

I seen you mention getting the Pokemon bank and transfer before, which threw me off.

I watched it. But honestly, I wouldn't want to do that, at least at the point I'm at in the game(I'm at the 7th gym). I'm also a stickler for my movesets and would be concerned about them deleting moves.

You don't have wifi?

Nope. Haven't for quite a while ever(if I did, I'd be battling and getting event Pokémon when applicable).

I tried doing some Pokémon Maison today. I beat Multi Battle, thus unlocking Super Multi Battle. I tried Single Battle, but I lost at the 16th battle.

I seen you mention getting the Pokemon bank and transfer before, which threw me off.

My friend has Wi-Fi that I'll be borrowing to use it.

I can't watch the video(due to limited internet). Would you mind telling me how this works?

Ok, I will try! Do you know that if you leave a pokémon in the day care and walk, it will gain experience points?

In lumiose city there is a big tower (?). We can ride around it forever (xD)in the same direction. You just need something to hold the directional button to the left/right!

Do you understand? Connect the charger and do something else while your pokémon is leveling up. :D

It is not hack or cheat. In the previous games this work the same way. The difference is that in these games we cant ride forever.

I think I'll try this tonight. Which tower is it?

I understand. About the moves, we can use Heart scales to remember them. Heart scales are easily (50%)found attached to Luvdisk. So, no problem. :)

I understand. About the moves, we can use Heart scales to remember them. Heart scales are easily (50%)found attached to Luvdisk. So, no problem. :)

I've already stocked up on a few heart scales. Just need to know which tower and I'll be set.

The one the gym's in.

True, I just haven't farmed much of them(also Heart Scales sometimes pop up in breakable rocks, the only problem whether or not egg moves can be retained). While I'm not all that likely to use this trick, I can see it being good for post game.

Edited by Stepchan

I've already stocked up on a few heart scales. Just need to know which tower and I'll be set.

Around the "Eiffel" tower. Fly to central lumiose and go left! I'm playing in japanese so I don't know its name in english. xD

edit: i will do it too :)

Edited by Rangel

You don't have wifi?

My friend has Wi-Fi that I'll be borrowing to use it.

Ah, now I see.

;) The only problem with that method mentioned above is that the two Pokemon might miss out on Effort Values, which you COULD max out with Super Training prior to leaving them in the Day Care. That is of course if you intend to use them in battle, but I suppose it's a decent idea if you're only trying to fill out the Pokedex. In my run right now I'm on Victory Road, heading off for the Pokemon League and powering up my team who's levels are in the mid to late 60s.

Honestly fighting in the Battle Chateau, turning Exp share on, and equipping the lucky egg is plenty to level up to evolve pokemon to fill up the pokedex. I would take 5 pokemon to level up and 1 to do the actual fighting. I filled a good chunk of the pokedex just doing this. Using at least the silver writ of challenge keeps the Chateau trainers rotating quickly enough. Day care doesn't evolve them so you have to level them up at least once anyway. I suppose the Lumiose tower could be alright if you're just trying to level up one or two to high levels. 

Also, FYI egg moves can be relearned through the Move Relearner provided it was born with it.

• Upvote 1

I didn't know that about the egg moves.

I never have done writs with the Battle Chateau, mainly due to the fact that I'm still on the main game(I remember the writs costing 50,000p starting out when I was first there).

I'm thinking about taking a break from my current task of completing the Pokédex to get myself the perfect Kangaskhan. I have big plans for it.

Tonight I hatched a perfect froakie. Well... he's not shiny, but he is Naive, Protean, with 31 across the board.

He didn't get the SpDef from either parent, the HP would've been from the father (the mother has HP low enough for the IV guy to comment on it's sub-parity) but the rest could have been either one.

So... now, as soon as I hatch that shiny (270 eggs so far), I'll be training my froakie up into something deserving of those IVs.

The mechanics of it all have been tweaked, I don't know exactly how much.

I couldn't have managed that success in any previous generation - apart from it being a froakie, the new use for the Destiny Knot is really amazing, and has helped a lot.

It allows the transfer of 5 IVs from the parents to the offspring. Both parents.

But sometimes it chooses the same IV a few times, so it could choose HP twice and 3 other things once; so it still takes luck to get the right IVs to fall in place.

The current breeding pair of froakies has 9/12 perfect IVs.

Neither has perfect SpDef, and the mother's HP stat is garbage.

With the Destiny Knot, most hatchlings have 3 or 4 IVs at 31.

More accessible breeding mechanics, that makes me really happy. It's still time-consuming, however.

I'm not too big on the whole breeding game. I mostly use it to get the base evolutions for Pokémon that I need(an example would be Lotad).

I'll be doing some more breeding, this time for:

Smoochum - With my Japanese Ditto to increase the odds of a shiny, just have to evolve the other Smoochum first(should have caught a Jynx).

Buizel

After that I'll be leveling up my Bellossom, both Meowsticks, Floette and Krokorok into the mid 40s.

Since these games have been out for a while, why not discuss the Mega Evolutions? Which is the best? Which is the worst? Which is your favorite?

I think the best may be Mega Kangaskhan. Slap Power-Up Punch, Sucker Punch, and Return on that sucker and you have one powerful beast.

I think the worst may be Mega Medicham. As much as I like Fighting types, it doesn't offer much.

My favorite of them all is probably Aggron. It looks pretty cool(although I am partial to all the Megas that are part Fighting type)

For where I'm at in the game, I've only really used two Mega evolutions, Lucario and Blastoise.

As for favorites, I'm really fond of Mawile's and Absol's megas.

That reminds me, better add Mawile and Absol to the breeding list.

Someone on inthe00s found out my Friend Safari type. It's Psychic, with Grumpig and Sigilyph being the currently available ones.

Working on Poliwrath with Hypnosis, Focus Punch, Waterfall, and Earthquake (Hypno/Focus is not the wisest choice but I like my battles to be based on luck). Super Training is very useful, making EV training easier and (somewhat) more fun.

Since these games have been out for a while, why not discuss the Mega Evolutions? Which is the best? Which is the worst? Which is your favorite?

I think the best may be Mega Kangaskhan. Slap Power-Up Punch, Sucker Punch, and Return on that sucker and you have one powerful beast.

I think the worst may be Mega Medicham. As much as I like Fighting types, it doesn't offer much.

My favorite of them all is probably Aggron. It looks pretty cool(although I am partial to all the Megas that are part Fighting type)

Not sure for the best, but the worst is definitely Alakazam. I'm nearly sure Magic Guard Alakazam is better in every way (Because Magic Guard is one of the best ability...). If a Mega evolution doesn't adds anything new to the table, it's mainly a novelty.

Mega Heracross seems pretty amazing. Aerilate Trash and Return are sure to hurts a lot.

Done with Smoochum, decided to add Swirlix to the mix of breeding sessions. I'm glad my Japanese Ditto is Modest natured(Swirlix works best as a special attacker).