Wow, that's a lot of area to not save in. I save in Pokemon Centers out of habit, which is why I didn't have any problems.

The funny thing is, some people on Gamefaqs(and elsewhere) thought the games were rushed because of this. In reality, Japan always got these games first in previous generations, so any problematic bugs found after release were fixed before international releases.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I was trading a lot on gts last night, and one of the trades was a froakie.

He's japanese, and has his hidden ability!

So I think I'm going to breed him. Any excuse!

I'm on a quest to get past Route 11. I want to get as far as I can this weekend. I have a lot of things to do next week, so I don't think I'll have much free time.

Finished my Wonder Trading.

I got Shuckle, Tropius, a Modest female Ralts(named Your mate), a Noibat(named Buff Zubat) and a Garden pattern Vivillon.

I got nine Japanese Pokemon: Pikachu, Helioptile, Steelix(this surprised me), Snorlax, Skiddo, Gible(really got surprised by this one), Tentacool, Budew and Quagsire.

Also got a Spanish Pansear.

Edited by Stepchan

Received Surf last night. Much to my surprise, both Swirlix and Diggersby can learn Surf.

Received Surf last night. Much to my surprise, both Swirlix and Diggersby can learn Surf.

But only Lapras have his special appearance, so I don't use anyone else...

Finished my Wonder Trading.

I got Shuckle, Tropius, a Modest female Ralts(named Your mate), a Noibat(named Buff Zubat) and a Garden pattern Vivillon.

I got nine Japanese Pokemon: Pikachu, Helioptile, Steelix(this surprised me), Snorlax, Skiddo, Gible(really got surprised by this one), Tentacool, Budew and Quagsire.

Also got a Spanish Pansear.

I've got a Spanish Spritzee. I've got 2 Japanese Skrelp, and a Japanese Gourgeist (Pumpkaboo, but evolved immediately).

And my Claunchers were exchanged over the GTS for a Female Heracross, and a Female Amaura.

A good thing we all know about getting foreign Pokemon is the Masuda Method.

I just need females for some of them, then I'll toy with it. I won't try going overboard with it though, mainly because shiny hunting and such isn't really my thing. I generally let things happen as they do, it leaves me pleasantly surprised when a shiny does appear(like with my Roselia encounter).

Edited by Stepchan

Obtained my 6th badge today. My team currently consists of Chesnaught, Diggersby, Swirlix, Tyrantrum, and Doublade. I'm not sure what my last Pokémon should be at this point(I'm only using new Pokémon for now).

I just messed up Team Flare's plan in Geosenge City after getting badge 7, and am on my way to the next city.

My team consists of Delphox, Azumarill, Bellossom, Gallade, Raichu, and Staraptor. They're all in the late 50's or early 60's in level, except Delphox, who is a bit higher.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I met a Passerby named "Ho Bag". I laughed, but was also surprised the game allowed that person to name his trainer that...

Edited by Eight of Trodain

Kind of funny, mainly because of the fact that the name Spike can't be used.

I'm currently playing the Amie section. I think I opened Unlimited mode on all of them.

I'm in the Frost Cave. I need to complete that before I can (for the sakes of some people, I put it in a spoilers tag)

ride a Mamoswine on Route 17

Done with Amie and finally decided on my final team.

Currently they are:

Flandre the Braixen

Donatello the Wartortle

Rainbow Dash the Hawlucha :tounge2:

Tewi the Sylveon

Shia the Roselia

Momoka the Helioptile

Speaking of Wonder Trade, here is a spoof I found. :laugh:

I actually had a hard time finding Caterpie...

But Diggersby was the last Pokemon I captured on Route 2, so...

Also, if you didn't see it yet, Serebii have the stats and attacks/TM for all the New Pokemon.

Some Pokemon also have stats changes. Generally 10 more BST to a stats.

I still have yet to find a shiny in this game. Meh, it'll come when it comes. Still not too sure what my 6th Pokémon should be though. Maybe I won't even use one. My team of 5 seems to be holding off pretty well.

I found a shiny emolga yesterday. It was the first pokémon i encountered. xD

reyb.jpg

Congradulations and welcome to the Woodus Shiny Club! :thumbsup::wd_coolslime:

Speaking of Wonder Trade, here is a spoof I found. :laugh:

I actually had a hard time finding Caterpie...

But Diggersby was the last Pokemon I captured on Route 2, so...

Also, if you didn't see it yet, Serebii have the stats and attacks/TM for all the New Pokemon.

Some Pokemon also have stats changes. Generally 10 more BST to a stats.

I'll check out the changes here shortly. I read that Wonder Trade was actually not so good in the beginning, mainly due to many not being that far in the game. Recently many have noticed a decent increase in solid to very good trade results.

Wonder Trade is actually nice if you want to send others extras of some Pokemon you were breeding(some of what I sent were from breeding sessions, mainly Eevees and Helioptiles). It's also good for getting random foreign Pokemon in case you want to MM shinies(something I will try my luck at a little later on).

Probably the best thing to do with Wonder Trade is to send starters, basic stage psuedo legendaries, version exclusives, Eevees(goes without saying), rare catches(after breeding of course) and Evolved Pokemon.

I will be doing Wonder Trade again myself, I find it to be an amusing and fun gamble. But I want to wait until I get farther so that I can offer more to the table.

I'm in the Lysandre Labs. I'm a bit over powered though(almost level 60), so my advice is, DO NOT use the Exp. Share too much.

Yeah, I only use it on and off myself. I'm in the rough range of what I should be.

Edited by Stepchan

I'm in the Lysandre Labs. I'm a bit over powered though(almost level 60), so my advice is, DO NOT use the Exp. Share too much.

Or use many different pokemon. That's what I do myself, and my team is not  60 yet at the final Gym

Or use many different pokemon. That's what I do myself, and my team is not  60 yet at the final Gym

I'm trying to use only new Pokémon this time around(and there are only so many you can get).

On another note, you can't trade a Pokémon if it knows a HM move. I found that out the hard way when I wanted to evolve my Swirlix into a Slurpuff. I did eventually did get to evolve it.