Burmy are found early on in the game? I might use one(I've never trained a Burmy before, except to get the evo's data)

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

They're found on the route before the first gym as well as Azurill.

You can also find Pansage, Pansear and Panpour before the first gym(in the forest).

Edited by Stepchan

I just beaten the 4th Gym.

Now I will capture and train a Clauncher.

Since Multi Exp makes experence so easy to get, I'm using more than 6 Pokemon.

I also used the GTS for the first time today. I got a Skrelp(Japanese) and a Spritzee (Probably USA), and a guy trade his Gloomy for my female Wobbuffet.

I found a shiny Zangoose.

When I was grinding earlier, the Burmy encounters about drove me crazy.

The first one I ran into and caught took two balls(First Pokemon to break out of one on me). You'd figure that I'd learn much quicker not to try and fight them when leveling up. 

Burmy used Protect! Burmy used Protect! Burmy used Protect! Burmy used Protect! (etc. etc.) Is that they know at lv. 5? >.<

Talk about a massive time drain. After alot of encounters with them, I finally wised up and starting running from those Protect spammers.

Yep, it's the only move Burmy know... And then he kills himself...
Honedge is found near that big Castle where the guy wants his Furrou back.

Also, Exp isn't shared between the different Pokemon. Each Pokemon participating gains the same Exp

Hear are a few things I've heard about X and Y:

1.Hazards, such as Stealth Rock, now only last 5 turns, just like weather.

2.The shiny Pokémon encounter has doubled

Also, one thing I'd like to see used in this game is QR codes. I think it would be a neat feature to have.

I also used the GTS for the first time today. I got a Skrelp(Japanese) and a Spritzee (Probably USA), and a guy trade his Gloomy for my female Wobbuffet.

The first one I ran into and caught took two balls(First Pokemon to break out of one on me). You'd figure that I'd learn much quicker not to try and fight them when leveling up. 

Burmy used Protect! Burmy used Protect! Burmy used Protect! Burmy used Protect! (etc. etc.) Is that they know at lv. 5? >.<

Talk about a massive time drain. After alot of encounters with them, I finally wised up and starting running from those Protect spammers.

Also, Exp isn't shared between the different Pokemon. Each Pokemon participating gains the same Exp

It gets worse with the fact that Protect and Detect are supposed to have an increased failure rate with each repeated use, but the AI seems to have the leet cheat on it's side. It's uncommon to see it fail on the opposing side ingame.

Despite my bad luck with those infernal Burmy, I actually had a decent amount of good luck in other areas.

I didn't have to reset to get a female Fennekin, which also has an acceptable nature.

The Scatterbug I caught has a Modest nature.

I caught a female Panpour(Simipour is my favorite out of the elemental Monkeys).

The Aruzill I caught has Huge Power, although this doesn't matter that much, unless I want to EV train it.

Edited by Stepchan

I have a question for anyone who has been to Lumiose City:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67488169

Has anyone saved outside in the city, turned off their game and restarted? Has your game started up fine after that? Do you have a digital or physical copy?

I'm asking because this isn't the first claimed game breaking bug(There was one thread about a different one that popped up on /vp/ on Saturday, but no threads about it anywhere else, so it was an obvious troll attempt), so I'm trying to figure out if this is real or just an elaborate trolling attempt.

Funny how I'm about to go there to.

It gets worse with the fact that Protect and Detect are supposed to have an increased failure rate with each repeated use, but the AI seems to have the leet cheat on it's side. It's uncommon to see it fail on the opposing side ingame.

Despite my bad luck with those infernal Burmy, I actually had a decent amount of good luck in other areas.

I didn't have to reset to get a female Fennekin, which also has an acceptable nature.

The Scatterbug I caught has a Modest nature.

I caught a female Panpour(Simipour is my favorite out of the elemental Monkeys).

The Aruzill I caught has Huge Power, although this doesn't matter that much, unless I want to EV train it.

I also resetted to have a female Chespin, but not for the nature.

SPV really makes EV training easier. All the Pokemon of my team have Max EVs. Multi Exp allows you to separate the two, actually.

Good Scatterbug, He'll made a great Vivillion. I'm interrested to know what is his pattern. Vivillion is surprisingly decent and learns pretty cool moves.

Hear are a few things I've heard about X and Y:

1.Hazards, such as Stealth Rock, now only last 5 turns, just like weather.

2.The shiny Pokémon encounter has doubled

Also, one thing I'd like to see used in this game is QR codes. I think it would be a neat feature to have.

2. And with Horde batlles, it's even easier. 

I save inside pokecentres as often as possible; it's just easier to get my bearings that way.

But I haven't progressed very far; I'm still in the process of resetting my main. My side game has reached the daycare, and that's the farthest either game has reached.

I've had that habit of saving in them too.

I'm still suspicious of the user who started the thread on there. While this doesn't necessarily mean anything, it's a new account(along with a Youtube account and one single video to it). I've seen instances of sock puppet accounts on Gamefaqs for the purpose of trolling before, which is why I'm not 100% buying this being a real bug.

Found some full-body trainer artworks on /vp/. Save them while they're still up.

1381794662282.jpg

1381796443973.jpg

1381795628217.png

At the town near Route 6 and 7, already went to the palace. Caught all but an Oddish and Nincada on Route 6.

Current Pokemon with names:

Braixen - Flandre

Floette - Daphne

Zigzagoon - Punky

Wartortle - Donatello

Furfrou - Brain

Espurr (female) - Cleo (Also have a male)

Farfetch'd - Quacklin' (In game trade)

I just made it to the town off of route 6 and 7. My team consists of Bunnelby, Quilladin, and Honedge.

I'm so jealous of you guys. I might not even get the game until Christmas, and yet I'm so jealous. Good thing I'm spoiling myself just so I can plan my team accordingly.

There's a guy in Lumoise city who will sell you a mega stone for one of the Kanto starters you didn't choose (I'm pretty sure its the one that's super effective against what you chose) for a mere $500,000.

I beat the elite four. :D

IMPORTANT: DON'T SAVE IN LUMIOSE CITY

There is a bug. The game freezes and YOU CAN'T CONTINUE EVEN IF YOU RESET IT!

Edited by Rangel

I saw that too. Geez. < This comment was about the Megastone.

Also, I previously posted a link from Gamefaqs about that issue with Lumiose city. Also, there is a way to get the file to load again. (I'm still suspicious of the user that started that thread though)

I'm now at the town south of Route 8.

Getting closer to the second gym, Route 10, Eevees and Hawlucha. :thumbsup:  :overjoyed2:

Edited by Stepchan

Tip: be always ready to catch a shiny pokémon. It seems the chance is higher in generation VI. I didn't find a shiny yet but a lot of people did it. I'm now completing my pokédex and I expect to find one soon. :)

I just made it to Glittering Cave. My team now consists of Swirlix, Honedge, Diggersby, and Quilladin all level 20.

Edited by Democrobot

Bred Helioptiles, Kind of stuck on what I'm going to do team wise right now.

The reason behind that is becau-

Tip: be always ready to catch a shiny pokémon. It seems the chance is higher in generation VI. I didn't find a shiny yet but a lot of people did it. I'm now completing my pokédex and I expect to find one soon. :)

Funny you should mention that. I turned on internet to post about what just happened.

I ran into and caught a shiny female Roselia!!! :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2:

coalguys-k-on-12-39e6f06700624922-56-03.

She has Poison Point, a Hasty nature and yes I'm going to name her after I start playing again here shortly. Roserade is one of my favorite Grass types.

Just when I thought I wasn't conflicted enough on my team planning, I now have even more to decide from.

I have three I know I will be training for sure.

Delphox, Hawlucha and Blastoise

The other three slots have these possibilities:

Aurorus

Krookodile

Heliolisk

Sylveon or Flabebe

Roserade

This is going to be really difficult unless I end up something decent movepool options to use to cover for what I don't have.

I'm close to 8th gym which is Ice. Like, only half my team will be useful in this gym, the rest will probably get 1HKO (okay, 2HKO).

I've beaten the second gym and made it to Geosenge Town.

EDIT: This one time, at band camp, I saved in Lumiose before I had faced the Professor, and nothing is wrong with my game.

Edited by Democrobot

Did you save outside in the town or in a building? Saving in buildings doesn't cause any problems.

And now more Stepchan attention whoring - err... Poke-stuff. :laugh:  (Sorry, had to make a dumb joke there)

I now have a Sylveon, her name is Tewi. While you don't have to max out affection(others have mention you can get one at 2 or 3 hearts), I figured I'd go for broke and max it.

Will be going to Route 10 after I get my freshly evolved Tewi up to at least 12.

Nintendo issued a map who show where you shouldn't save in Luminose. they're investigating the problem.

lumiosemap.jpg

You can't save on the blue part. It's better to save inside building.