I read that weather abilities, like Drizzle and Drought now only last 5 turns. And so, Politoad and Ninetales drop from the OU tier.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

They did boost the turns of the stones that extend the turns of weather though, making it 10 instead of 5.

I WANNA SEE THE TRAINER PICTURE LEAKS.

Jeezus, why'd they reduce Drizzle, Drought, and Snow Warning to 5 turns? I can understand nerfing Politoed/Ninetales/Abomasnow/any other 'mon with any of these abilities, but still.

Did they reduce sandstorm? If so, I'm giving up on the fuggen metagame.

Having no luck on Google looking for trainer class portraits. (Saw them on /vp/ this morning, but threads come and go on there).

Well, just try to post whatever trainer portraits you can find. (Be sure to spoiler them, though!)

Okay, /vp/ actually had a couple up, so you might want to check it quickly.

1381451573290.jpg

Tomoko?!

1381464429047.jpg

Unsure who this one is.

I WANNA SEE THE TRAINER PICTURE LEAKS.

Jeezus, why'd they reduce Drizzle, Drought, and Snow Warning to 5 turns? I can understand nerfing Politoed/Ninetales/Abomasnow/any other 'mon with any of these abilities, but still.

Did they reduce sandstorm? If so, I'm giving up on the fuggen metagame.

You know...

I actually was surprised to larns these ability lastd indefinitely, in B/W.

I actually agree with this change. Infinite weather is clearly to much.4

Also...

Pinsirite found by Serebii : 

00473.png

He's now Bug/Flying, and have Aerialite who change Normal Attack into Flying Type.

Enjoy your STAB Flying Returns !

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

I remember a fake involving a new gym leader using a fanart Mega Evo of Banette.

Mildly hilarious in hindsight because:

1381491455300.jpg

There is an actual Mega Evo of Banette. Admittedly, this was likely to happen anyway.

Just found out Whimsicott is indeed part Fairy type now, Serebii tested out a Dragon type attack on one that appears in a trainer battle.

Edit: For second spoiler.

Edited by Stepchan

Some new mega evolutions have been revealed:

megahera.jpg

Mega Heracross (Bug/Fighting, ability of Skill Link, Y exclusive)

megaala.jpg

Mega Alakazam (Psychic, ability of Trace)

megahound.jpg

Mega Houndoom (Fire/Dark, ability of Solar Power, Houndoom exclusive to X but Houndoominite exclusive to Y)

megaman.jpg

Mega Man (err, I mean Mega Manectric) (Electric, ability of Intimidate Manectric is exclusive to Y, but Manectite is exclusive to X)

Alright, tomorrow is the day.

I actually have a busy day in general coming up. Besides getting my game and guide(along with having to deal with detours downtown because of Germanfest), I'll have to go pay rent and work an evening shift. Kind of a shame there is no midnight release for the game at my place of pre-order. Although I'm not sure I'd want to walk home from downtown after midnight.

I won't start my file until Sunday(I have the week off after tomorrow) due to all of this.

My copy of Pokémon X won't be in until Tuesday at the earliest. All the more time to play Leafgreen. I just made it to Fuchsia town. I think I'll go to the Safari Zone and look for my sixth Pokémon. I wonder what I should use...

They didn't have the guide in today(I have a preorder on it), I'll have to get it on Tuesday or Wednesday(Won't stop me from starting tomorrow though).

Also, some people have found out that the game has something in it that's similar to the GTS in that it won't let you nickname your Pokemon offensive names(of course this still has the Froslass and Cofagrigus effect).

Now that the full Kalos Pokedex is released on Serebii, I can finally decide on a 6th slot! Well, even though I most likely won't be getting X until Christmas, but still.

I'd do a flyer, but what if I want to take down Siebold with anything other than Dororo (Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja) or T-Rex Lord (Tyrunt/Tyrantrum)?

I'd just keep Charizard, but I'm not the type to bother with previous-gen starters until post-game.

So... I'd probably go for a flyer.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

So Eevee evolves into Sylveon by learning a Fairy type move, eh? Does Eevee learn an Fairy types moves by leveling up or does one need to use a TM or a move tutor to get one?

I got some info mixed up, it requires both a Fairy type move and raising it's affection in Amie. You don't have to max out it's affection though, there are people who evolved it with the Fairy type move while having 2 or 3 hearts affection wise on the meter.

This is kind of why the guide would help(I'm not worried about the gyms or E4, but there has been new evolution info that could be confirmed and cleared up with the guide).

All I've done so far is name a Pansear Poohead and put him up for trade.

At the first gym myself, although I want to evolve my Spewpa and test the Amie section before I go there.

Current team:

Fennekin lv.10 - Flandre (Got a female on the first try, acceptable nature as well)

Spewpa lv. 9 - Homard

Zigzagoon lv. 9 (Currently not named, but it has Pickup so I'll be giving it a name later when I find the name rater)

I've gotten through the first gym and went past that big'ol city. Now I'm in the town with the castle.

What I did today;

All I've done so far is name a Pansear Poohead and put him up for trade.

1. Looked for him, could not find him (reached end, not sure if max pages or whatever).

2. I got an egg farm running thanks to a Ralts I got in a wonder trade.

3. Got all 6 Pokémon on my team, consisting of Chespin (BarracudaJoe), Squirtle (Jill), Torchic (Couldn't nickname), Pikachu (Beatrice), Gible (Lephise), and Honedge (Erdrick).

4. Pikachu actually says "Pika pika" in this game instead of static.

Edited by Poppybro

GOD I HATE THAT. Why did they give only poopachu voice.

When I was grinding earlier, the Burmy encounters about drove me crazy.

The first one I ran into and caught took two balls(First Pokemon to break out of one on me). You'd figure that I'd learn much quicker not to try and fight them when leveling up. 

Burmy used Protect! Burmy used Protect! Burmy used Protect! Burmy used Protect! (etc. etc.) Is that they know at lv. 5? >.<

Talk about a massive time drain. After alot of encounters with them, I finally wised up and starting running from those Protect spammers.