• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Just watched that pokemon direct presentation, and wow they know how to get my interest!

Pokemon Bank, storage for up to 3000 pokemon? >.< I'll never release anything at this rate!

Paid service, but seriously, that's great.

And you in the US are getting the XY themed 3ds units - they won't have the games on them afaik, but they do look pretty awesome. And if you're getting them localized, maybe there's hope for PAL region ones as well.

*cautious optimism*

http://www.serebii.net/xy/poketransporter.shtml

WHY GODFATHER!? WHY?! THERE'S AN ENTIRE PONYTA IN MY BED!! *ahem* This really sucks. I believe some of my Pokémon are hacked(only a few hard-to-obtain legendaries that I could never make use of online to get). I swear they spend nights just trying to figure out ways to mess me up.

Well, I suppose I could transfer my event 'mons and planned Global Challenge 2013 team over with the Poké Transporter (which I'll only be getting the horribi$#!&us (Nostalgia Critic reference, censored for your convenience) cloud storage app. You could say, make sure they aren't lost forever?

120px-009Blastoise-Mega.png

What they did with my Blastoise? :(

The thing that disappoints me the most about this is that while Mega Venusaur and Mega Charizard get new abilities and stat boosts, Mega Blastoise only gets an ability that boosts all -Pulse moves. You know, all four of them, only one of which Blastoise is capable of using.

The metagame is already affected beyond control anyway. Also pulse moves really don't need damage, we expect them to give the godamn status effect they are expected to.

I really hope the stats boost from the megas don't broke an already broken and unfair metagame.

Well, I suppose I could transfer my event 'mons and planned Global Challenge 2013 team over with the Poké Transporter (which I'll only be getting the horribi$#!&us (Nostalgia Critic reference, censored for your convenience) cloud storage app. You could say, make sure they aren't lost forever?

This makes me glad I got an internet upgrade with wifi, although I've had trouble on and off using it since I got it. I'll be calling my provider tomorrow to see what the problem could be.

Blastoise being my favorite Pokemon, I wasn't really liking his Mega form. But the more I keep seeing it, the more I am getting used to it. I hope there are animations where he actually uses the cannons. I don't see why he should be shooting water from its mouth when it has 3 perfectly good cannons, not to mention the one on its back is enormous.

Mega Charizard is not Dragon type. People are going to riot. Also, my friend commented that Mega Venusaur looks like Clone Venusaur with untrimmed vines.

At least Charizard gets Drought in it's mega form. (Better than Solar Power)

Also, I'll be picking Squirtle out of those(although I won't be training it for the main game, I want to try other water types) since it's my favorite Kanto starter line.

The professor giving you a Kanto starter was on the list from the Pokebeach leak

With Pokemon transfering being a definite, I realized that I'll be able to send my EV trained Pokemon over that I wanted to raise further(among others).

I also thought of some Pokemon that I'll be looking forward to in the Amie section: Bellossom, Whimsicott, Lilligant, favorite Eeveelutions, favorite starters, Milotic, Audino, Furret and Cinccino.

Edited by Stepchan

The last dex list I linked is fake, since there is a fluffy llama/alpaca like Pokemon that appears on the direct video.

That was one of the things that wasn't described on the fake dex list.

Also, how about Kuzco for the llama Pokemon? :P

Eh, in honour of Animal Crossing, I'd call it Reece (female) or Cyrus (male).

And the next Oshawott I obtain, I'll be naming Pascal after that scallop-stealing stoner pirate

I'm not entirely sure how it works here, but in Joker 2, monsters with unnatural stats or too many skills were considered "unauthorized", but monsters with regular stats were not, even if they were obtained through unnatural means. For example, once I scouted Solitaire's Ace of Spades on a Super Card and tried to trade it on to my regular game, but couldn't. I bred the Ace of Spades once to get it's stats normalized, and it was fine. I think it will be similar to this for Poke Transfer, if there's no sign of hacking (like 252 EV's in every stat) the game can't detect it.

There's a lot of other factors besides EV to check is a Poce is hacked or not.

Each Poce, trainer and save file have a data structure and the app is probably going to check it, also the hidden ID each trainer have. There's a lot of other ways to check it too, like where the Poce was captured and from what game, etc,

It's kinda complex &#036;#&#33;&amp;.

Mega Blastoise will have a pretty mean Water Pulse. STAB plus Mega Launcher will stack up nicely. I'm tempted to use one. But on the other hand, Mega Venusaur has Thick Fat and more Sp. Defense and Defense and Mega Charizard has Drought.

There's a lot of other factors besides EV to check is a Poce is hacked or not.

Each Poce, trainer and save file have a data structure and the app is probably going to check it, also the hidden ID each trainer have. There's a lot of other ways to check it too, like where the Poce was captured and from what game, etc,

It's kinda complex $#!&.

I realized that it will be a good idea for me to breed more of my Pokemon with dream world abilities. While I didn't hack them in, I did alter the grotto mechanics with an AR(after not getting my Skill Link Minccino for over 4 weeks you can see why) to make them generate something everytime. I'll be doing that on my next day off.

Mega Blastoise will have a pretty mean Water Pulse. STAB plus Mega Launcher will stack up nicely. I'm tempted to use one. But on the other hand, Mega Venusaur has Thick Fat and more Sp. Defense and Defense and Mega Charizard has Drought.

It's debatable, while the STAB is nice the Pulse moves aren't supposed to do damage and we also need to know what stats boost Blastie will get. Even with Drought, Charizard will probably be stuck on lower tiers, Ninetail have a better use of it and you can teach him on DW. As for Saur, it was the best change of the three, Saur already have good base defs and covering weakness now will make him more suitable for setting up stuff.

Edited by Arn

It's debatable, while the STAB is nice the Pulse moves aren't supposed to do damage and we also need to know what stats boost Blastie will get. Even with Drought, Charizard will probably be stuck on lower tiers, Ninetail have a better use of it and you can teach him on DW. As for Saur, it was the best change of the three, Saur already have good base defs and covering weakness now will make him more suitable for setting up stuff.

I don't know about that. Base power of 60, plus STAB, makes it now 90, plus Mega Launcher(which I will assume will be the same as STAB or any other ability that makes moves stronger), will stack onto that, making it 135(if I did this right). Now with a Base power of 135, 100% Accuracy, and 20% chance of Confusion, this move isn't exactly a bad one. Of course, Blastoise would need a higher Sp. Attack to be any real threat. As for Charizard, it's easy accessibility to Drought would prove useful for in-game battling for those without Droughttales. As for Venusaur, we seem to be on the same page here.

Edited by Democrobot

I don't know about that. Base power of 60, plus STAB, makes it now 90, plus Mega Launcher(which I will assume will be the same as STAB or any other ability that makes moves stronger), will stack onto that, making it 135(if I did this right). Now with a Base power of 135, 100% Accuracy, and 20% chance of Confusion, this move isn't exactly a bad one. Of course, Blastoise would need a higher Sp. Attack to be any real threat. As for Charizard, it's easy accessibility to Drought would prove useful for in-game battling for those without Droughttails. As for Venusaur, we seem to be on the same page here.

Sorry if this seems rude, but it's Ninetales, not Ninetails...

I don't know about that. Base power of 60, plus STAB, makes it now 90, plus Mega Launcher(which I will assume will be the same as STAB or any other ability that makes moves stronger), will stack onto that, making it 135(if I did this right). Now with a Base power of 135, 100% Accuracy, and 20% chance of Confusion, this move isn't exactly a bad one. Of course, Blastoise would need a higher Sp. Attack to be any real threat. As for Charizard, it's easy accessibility to Drought would prove useful for in-game battling for those without Droughttails. As for Venusaur, we seem to be on the same page here.

Sorry if this seems rude, but it's Ninetales, not Ninetails...

Oops. My mistake.