I know this is just another video of the demo, but there are some things of note.

Sylveon is actually slower than Gabite. Also, Gabite survived Fairy Wind(which is mostly the low power fairy type attack, it didn't crit though. I looked up the meaning of the "weiter so!", it means "keep it up").

I read that Amie can help your Pokemon endure an otherwise 1KO attack(neither of Gabite's defenses are great).

Also, Flabebe's cry at 3:34 - 3:35. D'aww...

Edited by Stepchan
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

So by using the Amie function, you can fill your Pokémon with love and make them able to endure what would otherwise be a 1HKO? Cool. It actually adds a small new element to battling. I like it.

There is also the possibility of recovering from paralysis during battle.

Some in the competitive scene don't like the sound of it either, but chances are either it's ingame only or can be turned off for multiplayer.

Edited by Stepchan

I'd like to see it in the competitive field. It would add a new dynamic to the situation.

Edit: Found a better version.

I'm a big pokémon fan too! I just found this forum section. :)

Mi favorite pokémon is... i don't know, but I like fire types, so maybe Arcanine. ^^

About the video, wow! The graphics are amazing. I didn't play the B/W because... this gen sucks in my opinion, but X/Y looks great! Thank you, Stepchan. I'm trying not to buy a Nintendo 3DS but I am realizing that it will impossible. xD

They are releasing a 2DS(a 3DS without the 3D switch) that's coming out at the same X and Y are, it's cheaper than the original 3DS and XL model.

I'm actually surprised that the X/Ydemo is dropping by Indianapolis. In fact, I'm surprised that the B/W demo(on a unrelated note, the DQ8 demo did drop by here as well) dropped by here.

Considering the Midwest area wouldn't seem all that interesting, I wonder what makes them decide to tour where they do(pre-order comparisons?).

I'm not surprised to see my area not on the list. It's not like I live in a huge place spanning ocean to ocean or anything. I wonder if there will ever be a demo in or around my region.

I feel that they should include Canada in this.  (Strangely enough, at lot of U.S. cities larger than mine are not on the list)

I don't know if I'll be able to go to the one on September 8-9, this is mostly due to my job's tendency to work me on the weekends and needing to know the bus schedule for the Castleton Square route. It won't be a big deal if I don't though.

Edited by Stepchan

I've picked up my old copy of Gold(which I thought I'd lost). I chose wait-for-it Totodile! I named him Chomperz. I've decided to give all the Pokémon I catch nicknames suiting the creature they are. Rattata is Romulus, Geodude is Joredon, Hoothoot is Hooters, and Spinarak is Webster. So far I'm only using Chomperz and Webster. I also haven't gotten much past my first rival battle. I need to level up Webster a bit.

Nothing new for the most part, but this

shows the English name of the food you can feed them during the Amie section, which is Poke Puffs(sounds kind of like a cereal).

http://pastebin.com/C6761nic

Here's a nother rumored dex list for the Kalos region. I doubt it's real, but interesting nevertheless. (It's been boring on /vp/ lately... I'll probably stop going on there inbetween the next Corocoro and the games release)

http://pastebin.com/C6761nic

Here's a nother rumored dex list for the Kalos region. I doubt it's real, but interesting nevertheless. (It's been boring on /vp/ lately... I'll probably stop going on there inbetween the next Corocoro and the games release)

I think I'd trust this(to an extent). It mentions Meowstick's evolution line, something that hasn't been released in CoroCoro, but was mentioned by Pokebeach.

Why did you name it Romulus?

One of the Rat lords in a book series I like(the Silverwing series by Kenneth Oppel) is named Romulus(allusion to the Roman empire I believe).

One thing to keep in mind is that anyone can look up Pokebeach's leak and add stuff from it to their list in an attempt to make it look more credible. That's the reason why I'm questioning it's authenticity.

I know you're only trusting it to extent, but I figure I'd go the Captain Obvious route for a minute. :thumbsup:

Edited by Stepchan

One thing to keep in mind is that anyone can look up Pokebeach's leak and add stuff from it to their list in an attempt to make it look more credible. That's the reason why I'm questioning it's authenticity.

I know you're only trusting it to extent, but I figure I'd go the Captain Obvious route for a minute. :thumbsup:

Yes, that is highly possible.

Also, my Gold version keeps deleting itself, but my Silver is fine. I'm going to solo it with my Totodile(Chomperz)

I think it's because of the battery, which wears out after a few or so years. That's also how my Gold and Yellow versions are also dead.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/244/f/4/kalos_dex_fake_or_not__by_krocf4-d6kh2i1.png

Here's someone's image trying to figure out if it's real or not, mainly due to no. 764 on the list. ^

Regardless of whether or not it ends up being real, at least it helps fill the void a little bit until Corocoro comes out next week(As well as anything that come show up Pokemon Smash this weekends).

Real or not, it certainly is an interesting read.

I think it's because of the battery, which wears out after a few or so years. That's also how my Gold and Yellow versions are also dead.

What battery is this? 

Real or not, it certainly is an interesting read.

What battery is this? 

A lithium battery (CR2025 Lithium, I think).

It's the battery inside the actual cartridge, every cartridge has one, and when that is done...no more game :( It's the plague of NES gamers.

They can be replaced, but you(or someone you know) would have to be decent with soldering a new one in.

Edited by Stepchan