http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/

*Reads Mawile's Mega Form description* When it evolves into Mega Mawile, it's defense and special defense rise sharply. 

Thank you so very very very much Gamefreak! This is what I was hoping would happen with it's Mega Form, I already loved the fact that it has Huge Power and the other stat buffs I wanted on it's form being confirmed just made my day!

cute3.gif

Edited by Stepchan
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Not too bad of a list. Mega Gyarados, Mega Gengar, and Mega Aerodactyl will be deadly. They were already bad enough before the extra boosts.

Since one of favorites has a mega form, I went and found something I saw a long while back.

Mawile tribute(the gif that starts at around 00:14 and ends at around 00:18 is in my signature on inthe00s).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_Lyi2RSVxqg

Here's my copy&paste of what I told a friend when I saw this:

"[email protected]! YEAH! I think I just wiped a lonely tear. You know, I really wish they did the blue version of Red. Blue version was my first Pokemon game, and Red (trainer) was, well, blue and not red in my game. The Game even had "Blue" as a default name for him/me. Its not canon to the manga, but to me Blue was never Gary, it was always the "Blue Version" of Red, one of the reasons Ritchie is my favorite Pokemon character."

Mega Evolution seems to happen from pushing a button. Interesting.

As for the new anime, I don't really care what version they do, just as long as it is a good anime.

Supposedly, the anime is just a OVA type special. (Unless it proves to be really successful and they want to do more of it)

Some abilities were also listed on Serebii for different Pokemon.

Litleo has Unnerve

Helioptile has Dry Skin

Sylveon has Cute Charm (eh... well, that can be mildy helpful in some situations during ingame mode, here's hoping for a good hidden ability or all Eeveelutions will gain a second normal ability)

Mewtwo's mega form has Insomnia.... Whoa.... :whoa:

Check this out:

E9DzV1J.jpg

It's legit.

Someone got a shiny Sylveon while playing the demo. :whoa:

Interestingly enough, I've seen some edit speculation shinies and alt. gender Sylveons with similiar color schemes.

A Blue Sylveon. Seems more like a male Sylveon than a shiny one to me.

Yeah, but I've seen a male with the normal colors.

Also, it appears that you can *sigh* hit your Pokemon in the Amie section. O_o

*Facepalm*

large_image.jpg

Someone tested it out on the demo as this picture shows the end results.

(There is another of Sylveon getting mad too)

Edited by Stepchan

Cue PETA to rage at Pokémon.

Seriously, why should you be able to hit your Pokémon? That's just wrong.

Cue PETA to rage at Pokémon.

Seriously, why should you be able to hit your Pokémon? That's just wrong.

PETA again...

I'd prefer PETA to not get the publicity they want.

Hitting your Pokemon in Amie is more a touch screen thing(It's not part of the options like feeding or playing), but still I have to ask why the programmers decided to include hitting them? Is there a bonus to one of the hidden stats they get if they're treated poorly? To make the use of the move Frustration easier to keep powered up? No thanks, I prefer Return.

I also wonder what went through the mind of the person who decided to try that.

Same reason people kill their Sims - to see if/how it's possible.

It does not surprise me that someone tried it, but I really hope it has to be a deliberate action - the speed of the swipe, perhaps? How bad would it be if you could accidentally smack the pokemon instead of trying to pet it?

I remember my cousin did that on the Sims before.

Some of the game's music got leaked from the demo:

Also:

I posted this one because of a particular Pokemon's cry. ^

Something else that came to a lot people's attention is that Sylveon took just alittle over 50% from Politoed's STAB rain boosted critical hit Life Orb Hydro Pump.

There has been some speculation over Sylveon's possible base stat arrangement for awhile, even during the time when it's type was unknown. Some people came to the conclusion that it has a 95 in HP(Due to some battle footage from Pokemon Smash) and thus the new footage I previously posted has caused a bit of confusion.

Some are wondering if Sylveon is slow with a 95/65/60/110/130/65(or something similiar). The only problem there is that Trick Room was active, causing Sylveon to go last.

Others have wondered if Sylveon is a speedy special wall with 95/65/60/65/130/110/. The only problem here is that Sylveon was able to finished off Politoed(who's greatest defensive strength is that of being a special wall, with 90 in HP and 100 in Special Defense) with Moonblast. Admittedly, Politoed had a little under 40% of it's HP left when struck with Moonblast(which is most likely a special attack, considering how it works), but I doubt a Special Attack stat of 65 would be enough with something that's probably 80 or 90 in battle power(being a 120 or 135 with STAB) to KO a bulky special wall outside of a critical hit(To add further, Politoed has max HP investment in that video).

One poster on VP pointed out that due to the fact that so little is known about X and Y(who knows what additions and tweaks have been added to the battle system at this point), it's kind of meaningless to try and figure why Sylveon was able to do what it did.

Here's a video of the playable demo in English:

Edited by Stepchan

Here's a video about the Amie segment. It turns out that tapping is what causes you to hit your Pokemon(so you'll want to be careful).

Perhaps Sylveon will have something like a 125/50/65/110/100/75 or something

The "muh patterns" scenario so far with Eeveelutions has been 130/110/95/65/65/60 arranged in different stats. I've also thought that it's possible for Sylveon to break that tradition and use new numbers. Although it's HP is definitely not 125 base stat wise, it had 106 HP at level 30 in the demo, so really it's only possible for it to have one of these:

A 95 with 31IV and no EV investment.

A 65 with 30/31IV and 248 or 252 EV investment.

A 110 with 0IV and no EV investment.

Source I got the numbers from: http://nicocw.tumblr.com/post/58638363619

Now, it could also be possible(probably not likely to happen) for Sylveon to have a higher BST than the other Eeveelutions, you never know. 

Some other's have also suspected weather nerfing, or even possible new defensive items.