Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

I am at the point of being able to get the Breloom and Poliwhirl too.

Took way too long selling the items(mainly due to the mulch I got).

I'm still toying with my Togetic plan. Can anybody answer me these questions? If I have a Male Togetic and a Female Togetic, and they both have Tri-Attack and I use Gen IV TMs on the result, then transfer it to Gen V, will it still have the same TM moves and will I be able to breed Tri Attack onto it?

I can't find anything on whether that will work or not. Togekiss can learn Hyper Voice through the move tutor on BW2(which I know isn't a substitute for Tri Attack, but it is a move it can get stab on).

I now have a female Swift Swim Poliwhirl, and female Sheer Force Hariyama and Bagon.

This grotto trolled me pretty good, almost taking longer than the Woobat incident.

Edited by Stepchan

The reason I want Tri Attack is to pair it with Serene Grace.

I kind of figured that, since it can cause 3 status effects.

I kind of figured that, since it can cause 3 status effects.

All of which can be useful.

How do you originally get Tri Attack on Togekiss in the previous gens?

I didn't see it on it's normal movepool on Serebii.

Actually, Stepchan, it's Togepi that can learn Tri Attack- but ONLY by being purified on XD, then traded over to a GBA version and then migrated to Gen IV, then PokeTransfered to Gen V.

Actually, Stepchan, it's Togepi that can learn Tri Attack- but ONLY by being purified on XD, then traded over to a GBA version and then migrated to Gen IV, then PokeTransfered to Gen V.

He's right.

How do you originally get Tri Attack on Togekiss in the previous gens?

I didn't see it on it's normal movepool on Serebii.

I won't be having it as a Togekiss, but as a Togetic. I'll try for Serene Grace, higher defence and special defence, Tri Attack, Silver Wind/Ominous Wind, Baton Pass, and Ancient Power with Eviolite.

No wonder Serebii doesn't list it in the standard dex list for B/W.

Does B/W 2 have anything that makes it better in terms of wireless communications or is it just a better story and better Pokemon? If it is just more so the story and Pokemon, then I'll get ready to transfer my Gen 4 over to my Black and wait for Gen 6.

It's mainly the story and more Pokemon options. I still feel it's worth picking up, but it's really up to you whether to get it or not.

I do have a female Technician Breloom now, as well as a female Tinted Lens Butterfree(although I kind of prefer Compoundeyes, Tinted Lens is still nice) and Prankster Murkrow. (Still have Multiscale Dragonite to go, I'll probably end up with a couple of the other ones in that grotto as well).

Maybe I'll save up and buy a Black or White 2 before I Poketransfer my HG Pokemon over

Maybe I'll save up and buy a Black or White 2 before I Poketransfer my HG Pokemon over

Well, there are some story elements you won't get if you don't play B/W first...

Also, you can have the Memory Link, who allow you to get more things... (namely bonus battles and somewhat rare pokemons...)

If you can buy 2 versions, I'll advise buying White and Black 2. (White have the White Forest, who have a lot of old pokemons in it. ANd the opposite version, to be able to complete your Pokedex and obtain Nature Sanctuary...)

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

I just MM'd myself a shiny shroomish... unfortunately it has Effect Spore again, which I don't see myself using. *le sigh* Back to the hatching route

Wait. I thought White 2 didn't have White Forest anymore.*checks* I was right. So I guess I'll buy a Black or White 2, Poketransfer my HG onto it, then trade from my Black over to whichever version 2 I buy.

Now on to another problem. My White Forest has no grass in it anymore. How many times do I have to enter the forest to be able to reagin the grass?

For me, the most important thing Black and White 2 has over Black and White 1 is Join Avenue. I've been able to hatch, EV train, and level to 100 a single Pokemon in a couple of hours. That requires a bit time to get up and useful though.

Quick question, what exactly to you need White Forest for Democrobot?

Also, I don't know if you would be interested Stepchan, but I have a female Marvel Scale Dragonite if you would want me make a Dratini for you.

I just MM'd myself a shiny shroomish... unfortunately it has Effect Spore again, which I don't see myself using. *le sigh* Back to the hatching route

*sob* WHY!? I've hatched SO many Eggs trying to MM a Shiny Cubone on my White! I've filled up 1 and a half of the last 3 empty boxes in my PC with Cubones, and STILL no Shiny! Why do the Shinies not love me!? WHY!? :cry:

Edited by DragonGaurdian

For me, the most important thing Black and White 2 has over Black and White 1 is Join Avenue. I've been able to hatch, EV train, and level to 100 a single Pokemon in a couple of hours. That requires a bit time to get up and useful though.

Quick question, what exactly to you need White Forest for Democrobot?

Is Join Avenue is fully functional in-game or is wireless communications needed?

Also, I need White Forest mainly to catch some Pokemon.

Join Avenue can be done in game, but it would be very slow. The Dream World really speeds up finding the usefull stores and leveling them up to where you get good services. The GTS helps a bit too.

It's not hopeless without online though. At the start you'll get 4 or 5 npcs in your avenue everyday and that number will rise occasionally. Also, after beating the game, Gym Leaders will come to your Join Avenue too and they give a lot of points to whatever shop they go to. It's something like 1000 points where most of the time you'll get somewhere on average from 50-150 points a person.

And I was wondering about White Forest because that and Black City are totally different from Black and White 1 to 2.

Edited by Hardfunk

Wait. I thought White 2 didn't have White Forest anymore.*checks* I was right.

That's odd.... I have White 2 and there is a forest area in that spot with NPCs.

MY strategy guide lists it in there too.

Saw this parody on 4chan's /vp/ board.

BRONZOOOOOOOR!

BRONZOOOOOOOR!

Bronzor was a man...

I mean... It was a Pokeman!

Uh... Maybe it was just a shield thing...

Um... But it was still....

BRONZOOOOOOOOR!

BRONZOOOOOOOOR!

Hypnotizing the Pokemon!

Hypnotizing the trainers!

Hypnotizing the people!

So bring lots of AWAKENIIIIIIIIIINGS!

LOTS OF AWAKENIIIIIIIIIIINGS!

And the Bronzor comes in the NIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Wait. I thought White 2 didn't have White Forest anymore.*checks* I was right.

That's odd.... I have White 2 and there is a forest area in that spot with NPCs.

In White, you can encounter lv 5 Pokemons in the Grass. In Black/White 2, it's the same level, but with differents trainers...

Now, does anybody know how to restore the forest? I want to catch them lv5 Pokemon, so I can fill up my Pokedex. If I remember correctly, doesn't connecting with Black also help with the forest?

*sob* WHY!? I've hatched SO many Eggs trying to MM a Shiny Cubone on my White! I've filled up 1 and a half of the last 3 empty boxes in my PC with Cubones, and STILL no Shiny! Why do the Shinies not love me!? WHY!? :cry:

This shroomish was hatchling #341. My last few efforts took over a thousand apiece :(

And my search isn't over, so it's more frustrating than ever! Good luck with your cubone!

With regards to the Forest/City, it requires Entralink.

You visit the opposite version's Entralink, and then go to the forest/city, and talk to the people there. Then they appear in YOUR city/forest.

In Black City you have to battle the people every day so they will stay, and in White Forest, you have to talk to them.

Edited by Sorgatani