I was lurking on 4chan's /vp/ board(I look around on there for fun when new Pokemon games are coming out, mostly due to threads that spread false info around) earlier and someone else was speculating about customizable characters as well. I've also looked around on Serebii's forums, but have yet to check their protagonist thread.

It'll be cool if it winds up being true. I haven't seen anything about multiple regions myself.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I hope that the character is customizable. I'd like to look different that everybody else. Maybe we'll be able to use Mii heads?

Not sure if I want Mii heads on them.

Onto other things:

Female Drought Vulpix! Female Drought Vulpix! Female Drought Vulpix! Female Drought Vulpix! Female Drought Vulpix!

:overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: (Yes I used my AR, but it still took nearly an hour)

Mii heads would certainly make them different.

As for the Vulpix, CONGRATULATIONS!

Onto other things:

Female Drought Vulpix! Female Drought Vulpix! Female Drought Vulpix! Female Drought Vulpix! Female Drought Vulpix!

:overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: (Yes I used my AR, but it still took nearly an hour)

: O ....................................ffffffff......FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*DragonGaurdian used Explosion* KABOOM!

You lucky little-! G-

(While DragonGaurdian recovers his sanity, please enjoy this adorable animation of Pikachu eating cotton candy.)

tumblr_m38su6Kw031r6il6co1_500.gif

Edited by DragonGaurdian

Onto other things:

Congrats! Do you plan to use it for competition and/or breeding?

All I have are my Skorupi, Phanpy (now a Donphan), Scraggy, Wobbuffet, Larvitar, and Smoochum from the Dream World (but I guess I should be lucky I even got them all legit) and my Minccino from the first hidden grotto.

EDIT: Corrected a misspelling of Smoochum's name.

: O ....................................ffffffff......FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*DragonGaurdian used Explosion* KABOOM!

You lucky little-! G-

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Onto other things:

Congrats! Do you plan to use it for competition and/or breeding?

All I have are my Skorupi, Phanpy (now a Donphan), Scraggy, Wobbuffet, Larvitar, and Smoochum from the Dream World (but I guess I should be lucky I even got them all legit) and my Minccino from the first hidden grotto.

EDIT: Corrected a misspelling of Smoochum's name.

I've never competitively battled, but I do intend on breeding my Hidden Ability Pokemon for trades and such. I also got a Heavy Metal Bronzer while doing the hidden grotto, maybe I should nickname it Loc-Nar. Alot of those Bronzers actually popped up too.

The only AR code I use is to make the grottoes regenerate 100% every step(I'm not really proud of using it, but after trying for a female Minccino for nearly a month I feel that it's justified), so it's still up to luck whether or not I get what I'm looking for.

What I have so far female wise:

Prankster Liepard

Regenerator Foongus

Skill Link Cinccino (My personal favorite)

Heavy Metal Bronzer

Drought Vulpix

Still going for:

Drizzle Poliwhirl

Technication Breloom

Multiscale Dragonite (even with the AR, this one is going to be a pain unless I luck out)

I've decided to also get a Cloud Nine Swablu and Simple Woobat while I'm at it.

Edited by Stepchan

Simple Woobat is pretty easy to obtain, I must have one of two of them. At least 1 female).

I didn't have a lot of time, but I should continue my resarch as soon as I can.

Somehow, my AR doesn't works for B/W/B2/W2...

EDIT : I have indeed 2 female Woobat,

1female Drifloon,

1 female Foongus/1 male Ammongus,

1 female Leavannny

1 female Liepard

1 female Watchhog (and 2 male)

1 female Breloom (YES !)

I also have Haryiama, who can never be female

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

I'm not sure what you're on, because Hariyama CAN be female.

I had a really bad day in Random Matchup today. Not once did I win any of my matches, due to LOLWEATHERCHANGERS. I'm considering quitting playing on Random Matchup and finishing up Pokemon Black 2's story.

YOU LITTLE WEATHER-CHANGING-! I'M GOING TO (honk) YOUR (honk honk) AND MOUNT YOUR HEADS ON MY WALL WHEN I'M FINISHED WITH YOU! (honk)ING-

(Please stand by: Kabouter Slime is currently experiencing some technical difficulties)

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Simple Woobat is pretty easy to obtain, I must have one of two of them. At least 1 female).

I didn't have a lot of time, but I should continue my resarch as soon as I can.

Somehow, my AR doesn't works for B/W/B2/W2...

EDIT : I have indeed 2 female Woobat,

1female Drifloon,

1 female Foongus/1 male Ammongus,

1 female Leavannny

1 female Liepard

1 female Watchhog (and 2 male)

1 female Breloom (YES !)

I have a female Hariyama on my current Ruby file.

Yeah, Woobat(and Breloom) won't be so hard.

Yeah, the only Grotto Pokemon I ever find females of are never the ones that people actually WANT. I caught 2 Multiscale Dragonites that were both Male (although, to be honest, I don't really care- they're Multiscale Dragonites!), and have yet to find the elusive Drought-pix.

Yeah, the only Grotto Pokemon I ever find females of are never the ones that people actually WANT. I caught 2 Multiscale Dragonites that were both Male (although, to be honest, I don't really care- they're Multiscale Dragonites!), and have yet to find the elusive Drought-pix.

With the AR, it still took me a while to get lucky with one popping up(nearly an hour). Needless to say, I'm also way richer in items now too, especially mulches which I'll need to sell.

I'm not sure what you're on, because Hariyama CAN be female.

Yes, you're right. That's what happens when you don't double check your information.

Well, after all there's also female Machop and Male Gothita....

I also wish that they'd fix it so that Pokemon with gender-style names were that gender*glares at female Slowking, female Slaking, female Mr.Mime, female Slowbro*

Ugh, another bad day in Random Matchups.

Guess I'm just going to quit playing in Random Matchups, accept that I am weak, even for my own standards, and everyone's better than me, and go to Smogon for competitive Wi-Fi battling.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

I also wish that they'd fix it so that Pokemon with gender-style names were that gender*glares at female Slowking, female Slaking, female Mr.Mime, female Slowbro*

You forgot Seaking. In french, it's even stranger because its name change gender on evolution (Poissirène (Fish + Mermaid) >Poissoroy (Fish + King)).

This always seems strange to me...

But the thing is... It's not directly GF mistake, but mainly the translators...

You forgot Seaking. In french, it's even stranger because its name change gender on evolution (Poissirène (Fish + Mermaid) >Poissoroy (Fish + King)).

D'oh! Thanks for catching that one.

I've heard another rumour that X and Y take you to the Orange Islands. Can anybody confirm or dismiss that?

Edited by Democrobot

I remember reading through a screenshot LP of Pokemon Platinum, at one point one of the localizers(I think he has an account on the site with the LP) actually talked about when they were doing the 1st generation. He mentioned when that he told Nintendo that the name Mr. Mime could come back to bite them if genders were ever brought into the series. Mr. Mime's Japanese name is Barrierd, which is why there are male and females of that species.

I'll have to go and find it here later.

Edited by Stepchan

D'oh! Thanks for catching that one.

I've heard another rumour that X and Y take you to the Orange Islands. Can anybody confirm or dismiss that?

There's also Kingdra...

About the Orange Islands... It remember a thought I had some times ago...

What if they add the french's overseas territories ? That could be pretty interresting. Maybe as a Post-Game content...

I apparenty jinxed myself with Woobat, it took two hours collectively to finally get a female(Several males appeared before that, I guess the game is punishing me for chearting and getting a female Vulpix and Swablu out of them). I did get a female Rattled Dunsparce out of it and a ****load of items too, so it still benefitted me.

So now I have these hidden ability female Pokemon:

Prankster Liepard

Regenerator Foongus

Drought Vulpix

Skill Link Cinccino

Cloud Nine Swablu

Simple Woobat

Rattled Dunsparce

Heavy Metal Bronzor(the only genderless)

Breloom, Dragonite and Poliwhirl to go!

(My character is going to have a ton of money after I'm done with the item maniacs here later)

Edited by Stepchan

The sad part is that the last three are probably the better Pokemon to get. Pokemon likes to troll.