Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Reuniclus (with Magic Guard, of course) is really great !

I used one on my old White version and it never disappointed.

It can be used on any weather

Galvantula (with Compoundeyes) can spam Thunder all days and is pretty fast. I also used one on my White playthrough.

Haxorus seems great, but it needs some time before being really good.

Chandelure is far more works than Arcanine, and Growlithe could be really useful for the Burgh Arena (And Roxie if you chose Challenge Mode).

Krookodile also seems pretty good, and is obtainable early on.

It also depends how much you want to baby your Pokemons.

Also, Volcarona is really awesome. You can find one at level 35 as soon as you have access to the Pokemon World Tournament.

It's pretty frail against Physical Moves (though Flame Body can neglect it....), but once it learns Quiver Dance, it can takes Special Moves all days (even super Effective one....).

Hey awesome an active part of the forums! :D

I love magmortar and leafeon. Krookodile is also pretty badass.

I have done pretty much eveything in pokemon black, I even completed the unova dex, I wish it had the battle frontier :( black and white 2 don't have it either :(

Enjoying these slime smileys btw :)

Edited by Amos

I say use the Krookodile, Chandelure, and Haxorus. Arcanine is so over-used for in-game runs, it's almost become a norm. Break the norm and use that Chandelure.

Rats. Can't seem to sign up to the Pokemon Global Link website. And my AOL has no spam or junk folders, and I've already re-sent the activation e-mail once. Is it just that the Global Link website is not accepting any more new accounts for the time being?

If you mistake it as spam, then I apologize.

Going on-topic, I just caught a Magby, and am training my team in the Virbank complex.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

How many people here play Pokemon TCGO?

Reuniclus (with Magic Guard, of course) is really great !

I used one on my old White version and it never disappointed.

It can be used on any weather

Galvantula (with Compoundeyes) can spam Thunder all days and is pretty fast. I also used one on my White playthrough.

Haxorus seems great, but it needs some time before being really good.

Chandelure is far more works than Arcanine, and Growlithe could be really useful for the Burgh Arena (And Roxie if you chose Challenge Mode).

Krookodile also seems pretty good, and is obtainable early on.

It also depends how much you want to baby your Pokemons.

Also, Volcarona is really awesome. You can find one at level 35 as soon as you have access to the Pokemon World Tournament.

It's pretty frail against Physical Moves (though Flame Body can neglect it....), but once it learns Quiver Dance, it can takes Special Moves all days (even super Effective one....).

I was considering the Volcarona as well, something I forgot to put on the list. That level 35 is definitely easier to catch due to lacking Quiver Dance at that level(Which makes it a nightmare on the original games without something that can resist the things it can use).

I say use the Krookodile, Chandelure, and Haxorus. Arcanine is so over-used for in-game runs, it's almost become a norm. Break the norm and use that Chandelure.

Arcanine is actually one of the fire types I've never used in any of my playthroughs. In fact that's what the bottom list of my post is full of, Pokemon I've never trained before.

Charizard, Flareon, Ninetales, Magcargo, Blaziken, Infernape, Darmanitan and Victini(which has Fire subtype, so it counts) have been used in my past playthroughs.

Which ever options I choose will partially affect Lucario's movepool as well. If I run a Krookodile/Arcanine/Haxorus, Lucario will have Thunderpunch and Psychic(the latter being mildly awkward) in it's slots. Reuniclus would fill the Psychic(plus Ghost and Grass slots) and allow Lucario to use different moves, Chandelure is somewhat similiar in that regard as well. Some of the other options can be mixed up a bit more(for instance, Haxorus can learn Earthquake, so Krookodile isn't massively necessary, but having two Pokemon with the same element move can be helpful in some cases. Galvantula would free up the Thunderpunch slot on Lucario).

I've found that Ice Punch on a Lucario works VERY well. Heck, it was my Lucario who plowed through Iris' AND Drayden's parties due to Ice Punch!

On my original Black playthrough, my Leavanny took out Drayden's team on it's own(I had no Ice type Pokemon on my team and Samurott couldn't learn the auto crit Ice type move you get from Brycen). One Sword Dance and three X-Scissors later, 8th badge. I think he was trying to Dragon Tail my Leavanny out of the fight, because I went before all of them(even Haxorus, who should have been faster than my Leavanny. I was a 3 levels higher, but that shouldn't make any real difference).

Nomore love for Reuniclus ? Magic Guard is beastly.

I won't use it on White 2, because Cofagrigus will have a similar use, and I don't like to always use the same pokemon.

Training is really not a problem in this game, so Chandelure is definitely an option.

I also found Ferrothorn and Golurk to be pretty cool, but I used them on post game only (Leech seed/Curse/Power Whip/ Gyro Ball).

And a Golurk's Shadow Ball is pretty cool.

Escavalier is also pretty good.

...There are too few slots for all the pokemon I want to use...

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

I heard that there is a 10 minute Nintendo Direct about Pokemon coming up.

That will be at 6 AM(Eastern standard time).

Although I will asleep(got a cold today, took a dose of medicine).

Was Just about to post that XD

Looks pretty cool

But bye 2D :'(

Yeah, I was pretty excited, so I wanna to post it immediately.

Also, it's the first time Pokemon version doesn't have any colour on their name.

Strangely, i think that's there are still a 2D feel, in the graphism. Maybe, the drawing line...

Edit : Froakie really reminds me of Uncle Scrooge...

The 3d animation gave me DQ9 flashbacks ^_^

The fire type starter does look kinda cute, but... a froggy starter! Was ambivalent about the grass one.

The idea of a worldwide release has me smiling; we in Aus have occasionally gotten the short end of the stick with localizations, so I look forward to being "up to date".

With my Black 2 game, I finally received my shiny charm, and have been looking through GTS for my own Kyogre/Groudon, so I can build a living dex of my own.

I am MMing for a shroomish (crossing fingers for quick feet) and have hatched about 160ish eggs so far.

This looks like it will be fun, though, I gotta bother to finish White 2 now. I stopped for Finals and then my Girlfriend and I got into the original Red and Blue together over the holiday break.

Worldwide release though, I'm glad they're doing it. In a game based on interactivity, we should all be getting it at once EVERY TIME. :D

Chespin looks kind of like a grass-type Oshawott. It seems cuter than Fennekin but I prefer fire starters over the other types so I'm probably going to go with the fire type. The overworld and battles reminded me of DQ9 too which I'm hyped about. It's going to allow some really amazing attack animations like we had in Pokemon Stadium.

What is Chespin based off of animal wise?

Fennekin and Froakie are easy to tell, but Chespin has me stumped.

According to Bulbapedia the Japanese name for Chespin (Harimaron) is a combination of Japanese for hedgehog (harenizumi) and needle (hari) and the French for chestnut (marron). Looks like some kind of hedgehog then with the green on its head being grass needles or something. The French and German names are also a combination of hedgehog and chestnut.

YAY HEDGEHOG STARTER

And after watching that trailer, I think that I will puke rainbows next time I puke. That is, if I puke.

According to Bulbapedia the Japanese name for Chespin (Harimaron) is a combination of Japanese for hedgehog (harenizumi) and needle (hari) and the French for chestnut (marron). Looks like some kind of hedgehog then with the green on its head being grass needles or something. The French and German names are also a combination of hedgehog and chestnut.

Ah, okay. :wd_coolslime:

I'm going to have to get going on my current file and get all I want done on it ASAP(so I can also do the second playthrough prior to it).

Also, it's the first time Pokemon version doesn't have any colour on their name.

I dunno if I'd really consider Diamond and Pearl colors :P

The game itself looks good, but I'm not too sure about the starters yet. Guess I'll be waiting to see their evolutions. Although, the popular belief is that they'll evolve to be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic (as long as it isn't Fighting, we've had enough of that combo), and Water/Fighting, and while it would help balence them out, it only gives Chespin yet another weakness. If that turns out to be the case, I don't think I'll be starting with it.

Also, the male protagonist looks way too much like Black/Hilbert...eh, guess I'll get over that.

Edited by RedJ

It seems that the Pokemon are getting kinda sloppy now. But Fennekin is so cute.

On second thought, I think I'll hold out on that second playthrough of White 2 for now(to keep me from getting worn out on the series, and it will allow me to work on the hidden grottoes, Yancy sidequest, breeding and trading/transfering).

The game itself looks good, but I'm not too sure about the starters yet. Guess I'll be waiting to see their evolutions. Although, the popular belief is that they'll evolve to be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic (as long as it isn't Fighting, we've had enough of that combo), and Water/Fighting, and while it would help balence them out, it only gives Chespin yet another weakness. If that turns out to be the case, I don't think I'll be starting with it.

Also, the male protagonist looks way too much like Black/Hilbert...eh, guess I'll get over that.

Definitely agree with you on the Fire/Fighting combo for starters. While I'm fine with Fire/Fighting(it's a nice type combo), the Fire/Fighting starter combo has gotten old with it being done 3 times in a row. Plus(as I mentioned in a older post), I wished Samurott got the Fighting subtype instead. Oh well...

As for the starters, I find them all pretty appealing. Don't know which I'd picked on a first playthrough.

Edited by Stepchan

Yeah, fofgot the metals/minerals generations....

The alternate choice is Grass/Fighting, Fire/Dark, Water/Psychic. Froakie doesn't looks fighting type for me.

I at least hope Fennekin learns Nasty Plot.