Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Why did we suddenly change te subject to Steel-types? WELL

Probopass iz da best.

Probopass is weird. He has BIG 'stache!

Steelix is my favorite Steel Type I remember in HeartGold and SoulSilver you could trade for one from Jasmine.

Steel Type ? I like Skarmory, Metagross, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Excavalier, Durant

Steelix is my favorite Steel Type I remember in HeartGold and SoulSilver you could trade for one from Jasmine.

You could also catch them in the cave before the Safari Zone.

Yeah but for me one could never appear. And you could also use a metal coat on an Onix I guess.

Yeah but for me one could never appear. And you could also use a metal coat on an Onix I guess.

Metal coats are kinda rare to find and a Scizor is much better. Of course, it is MUCH easier to catch a Steelix on Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.

I just began White 2 on Challenge Mode.

You really notice the difference. Mareep was essential to beat Cheren. (He has an additional Pidove...)

When I played Black 2, I was surprised by all the healing Items they threw at you, but here, they reallyare necessary.

For example, I needed these Oran Berries to be able to beat Cheren (I had Tepig and Mareep at level 13 each...)

I also had to use the Fresh Water, against Cheren and Roxie...

Well, you also gain a lot of experience, though...

You really notice the difference. Mareep was essential to beat Cheren. (He has an additional Pidove...)

When I played Black 2, I was surprised by all the healing Items they threw at you, but here, they reallyare necessary.

For example, I needed these Oran Berries to be able to beat Cheren (I had Tepig and Mareep at level 13 each...)

I can't wait to get either B2 or W2. I'm going to try a Nuzlocke run of Challenge mode. And from what you said, I'll have my work cut out for me.

I finally beat Black Tower and got my Shiny Gible had a good nature and decents IVs so I might set it aside for EV training

I finally beat Black Tower and got my Shiny Gible had a good nature and decents IVs so I might set it aside for EV training

Nobody wants to use Garchomp as much now(at least competetively) since it got demoted to OU and Sand Veil got banned.

Yeah, the free Shiny Dragon-types are kinda' troll-moments on the designers' parts. Dragonite isn't really that great without Multiscale (or so I hear) and Garchomp is no longer useful due to the whole change in tourney rules regarding it. If the Shiny Dratini came with its Hidden Ability, THEN it might be worth bum-rushing White Treehollow to get (if you have Black 2, you can fight the White Treehollow place by Unova Link-ing the key for it from someone with White 2. The Shiny you get depends on where you beat Benga. So you can't get both.).

I just need to go through the post game myself.

Need to get: Drought Vulpix, Drizzle Poliwhirl, Technician Breloom and Multiscale Dragonite.

Edited by Stepchan

I can't wait to get either B2 or W2. I'm going to try a Nuzlocke run of Challenge mode. And from what you said, I'll have my work cut out for me.

You have to beat B2 first to obtain challenge mode. I think that Tepig is the best choice for it since it completely destroy arty at a high enough level (you have to be careful about Aerial Ace, though...).

I spend a day in the Pokestar Studio, to obtain various healing Items, so it should make things easier.

Roxie was relatively hard, but Burgh was pretty easy. I also exchange a lv 9 Azurill with Huge Power and powerfull moves, so it help a lot too.

Elesa will probably be harder, but in Challenge mode, the 4 first Arena have a Pokemon who is weak to at least one of Tepig's Type. (And even clay have three pokemon weak to fight.) If you don't have Tepig, I think that you have to catch a Riolu.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to have an absurd amount of money.

You have to beat B2 first to obtain challenge mode. I think that Tepig is the best choice for it since it completely destroy arty at a high enough level (you have to be careful about Aerial Ace, though...).

I spend a day in the Pokestar Studio, to obtain various healing Items, so it should make things easier.

Roxie was relatively hard, but Burgh was pretty easy. I also exchange a lv 9 Azurill with Huge Power and powerfull moves, so it help a lot too.

Elesa will probably be harder, but in Challenge mode, the 4 first Arena have a Pokemon who is weak to at least one of Tepig's Type. (And even clay have three pokemon weak to fight.) If you don't have Tepig, I think that you have to catch a Riolu.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to have an absurd amount of money.

The joy of doing that in a Nuzlocke challenge is the thrill of losing any Pokemon that faints.

I don't have wifi at home.

@Democrobot : Well, I definitely think you should take Tepig. Also, use every berry you get. You need a Chesto Berry against Burgh, because Grass Whistle + Aerial Ace is deadly.

However, you can abuse the breeder as soon as you reach Castelia, so it really helps (In B2/W2, the breeder can be fought indefinitely, you just have to leave the screen (for example, going into a house...).

Also, do you plan to use the Memory Link ? If so, you should made an exception for N's Pokemon. In the Desert Resort, you can encounter N's Darmanitan. It's level 35 (~10 more than other trainers, ~15 more than other pokemon)and have it's Dream World ability.

I'm training a Yamask actually.

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

How does one use Memory Link?

Easiest way is to starts up Black 2/White 2, go to Unova Link, and select Memory Link. Then, on a second DS (with Black or White in the card slot), go to Dowloadable Play. Once the Memory Link option on DS Downloadable Play appears, select it. Black 2/White 2 will then Memory Link with Black/White. Depending on how far you got on Black/White, certain events will be able to be trigered in Black 2/White 2 (if you beat Black/White, you can do all of them). In order to be able to find the rest of N's pokemon, I think you have to have beaten Black/White's storyline. If this sounds too confusing, just go to Memory Link on B2/W2. It'll guide you with instructions.

Edited by DragonGaurdian

So I don't need wi-fi then. Yahoo!

That's what I like about the Memory Link(although I have no use for it right on my current file).

The last fight with my rival really annoyed me(stupid Crunch using Salac Berry Simisage, I should have had my Espeon equipped with the Twisted Spoon for improved Psychic damage, I was also slighty underleveled. I'm really gonna lay into him in the next fight). With that out of the way...

Although it won't be for alittle while, I have thought about what sort of team I'll be using in my second playthrough of White 2.

I know I'll be going with Samurott, Lucario and Braviary(the latter two are first timers for me). I'm torn on what other options I should use team wise.

I'm not sure which 3 I should choose out of these:

Galvantula

Arcanine

Reuniclus

Krookodile

Haxorus

Chandelure

Got Pokemon Black 2 on Christmas Eve, but didn't get around to playing it until New Year's Eve, and I didn't pick it back up until today. My current team is an Oshawott (Michael), Sunkern (Harrybo), Azurill, and Riolu. Harrybo and Azurill will probably die a lot compared to Michael and Riolu, though, and so I will need to bop lots of Sewaddles in order to improve Harrybo's defense EVs.

And just in case you were wondering, a few names are based on characters from Michael Rosen's poems about his friends and family.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Stepchan, out of the list given, I'd go with Haxorus, Krookodile and Arcanine. As far as Abilities, try to get a Krookodile with Moxie and a Haxorus with Mold Breaker. Arcanine's ability doesn't really matter too much- either of the ones it can have will do. The Mold Breaker Haxorus will be useful against pokemon like, say, Eelektross, becuase you can hit it with moves (Ground-types, in this example) that its Ability would normally negate. Krookodile with Moxie.... yeah, I don't think I need to explain.

Stepchan, out of the list given, I'd go with Haxorus, Krookodile and Arcanine. As far as Abilities, try to get a Krookodile with Moxie and a Haxorus with Mold Breaker. Arcanine's ability doesn't really matter too much- either of the ones it can have will do. The Mold Breaker Haxorus will be useful against pokemon like, say, Eelektross, becuase you can hit it with moves (Ground-types, in this example) that its Ability would normally negate. Krookodile with Moxie.... yeah, I don't think I need to explain.

I used a Moxie Scrafty on my Black file, so yeah, I know how good it is. :thumbsup:

I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind, especially since I just checked Lucario's movepool(I know Lucario has a varied movepool, but wow, it's bigger than I remember).

The Growlithe line is usually better off with Intimidate, at least ingame. This is mostly due to the AI on some of the ingame trainers not being dumb enough to hit a Fire type with a Fire attack. I remember on my Soulsilver file when battling a trainer with a Magmar(in the Kanto region), I think I had my Ninetales(which only had Flash Fire as an ability at that time) out, which prompted him to spam Confuse Ray. Needless to say, it got on my nerves really quick.

With Haxorus, Mold Breaker goes without saying, I tend to find Rivarly to be too haphazard to be useful. Good thing it's easy to tell when one has it(Axew broke the mold! Same way when finding a Joltik with Compound Eyes, it will mention when one has Unnerve).

The Braviary I'm going after, is of course, the one you can get early in the game. I remember when I talked to nephew about which versions we were getting, he wanted Black 2. I went with White 2 due to that, which gave me a better early Hidden Ability Flying type.

Edited by Stepchan