Pokemans!

Cairne Gotha

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
3 minutes ago, eal said:
Pokémon Go Fest 2021 began today. I’ve already got some new Pokémon I’ve been needing and it’s only just started.

What are they doing special this year? Increased rate of rare?

They’re doing Habitats that rotate each hour that have Pokémon related to that Habitat. So right now is the Cave Habitat. They also did this last year though.

There’s a Special Research that can earn you a Meloetta, Pokémon are more likely to be shiny, a few Pokémon in special costumes, there’s 1/2 hatch distance for eggs. Tomorrow they’ll be giving out a lot of Raid passes. Nothing too wild, but at the same time the ticket was only $5 compared to last year’s $15.

• Like 1

Had a pretty good Go Fest. I caught a shiny Dratini and Pikachu with a hat. It’s just a regular Pikachu with a stupid cheap hat...but it’s got a new hat!

For new captures I managed to get Audino, Sawk, Chatot, and the Meloetta tied to the Special Research for the event. Over the course of the event I managed to evolve a few new Pokémon (Jellicent, Huntail, Swadloon, Gliscor, Slurpuff, and Elektross), and I hatched a Galarian Meowth, which I immediately evolved into a Perrserker. And, of course, I got the Rock Star Pikachu and Flygon and Galarian Ponyta with a hat.

Raid day was also pretty fun. I caught Cresselia, Virizion, Reshiram, and Azelf for the first time. Sadly, after the first two or three hours, everyone seemed to have had their fill so I couldn’t get groups together for any more raiding after that. I also managed to accumulate almost 40 rare candies that I’ll probably allocate some time soon.

Definitely worth the $5.

• Like 1

Had a glorious time during the Bidoof Breakout. Got not one, but three 100% Bidoofs. They're named MaximumDoof, Bid Doofus, and Doofalicious. Caught one shiny, my girlfriend caught one that she traded to me and turned three stars and lucky, and I got a third from a friend. They are named Bid 'Doofin', Sparkledoof, and DonaldB.Doof.

I don't really care about shinies unless I like the color scheme or it has good stats. Got a shiny Dieno during GoFest. Already have a 98%. I've got a friend who takes shiny hunting too seriously, so I messed with him by sending a screen shot and said, "Stats were trash, so I transferred it." He lost his mind. It was great. I was hoping to get a shiny Snorlax just so I could turn up my sound and transfer the one next to it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...