Pokemans!

Cairne Gotha

I play it regularly but I can go a few days without catching anything. I’m blessed to live right next to a gym; I don’t even need to leave my apartment! And the addition of remote raid passes have been a godsend. I can actually go for legendary Pokémon with other players in Raids.

Speaking of Pokémon! I was feeling nostalgic and decided it would be fun to collect the Neo series of the TCG. It’s the start of the Gen II series of cards, and the whole thing fits neatly into my binder. I don’t plan on completing it anytime so though since a small handful of cards are decently expensive.

• Like 1

Unfortunately now is a very bad time for the card game, for new and older sets alike. Logan Paul did a pack opening video and just ignited a huge trend of people not even into Pokemon buying them up for youtube videos like that. Hoarding and scalping it out of control. My local stores have been consistently cleaned out since December.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was sorta following this because there was a funny situation where a bunch of idiots who didn’t know anything about Pokémon cards bought Base Set box from the shady dude who sold a box to Logan Paul and found out they were scammed live on stream.

Unfortunately now is a very bad time for the card game, for new and older sets alike. Logan Paul did a pack opening video and just ignited a huge trend of people not even into Pokemon buying them up for youtube videos like that. Hoarding and scalping it out of control. My local stores have been consistently cleaned out since December.
I just started getting all the theme decks for my son since December '19 and have noticed the huge drop in inventory. Even Walmarts are cleaned out, empty display boxes on the Shelves

would really like a shiny Zygarde. No one seems to like that guy lol

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon 19 said:

IMG_20200728_234610.jpg

What on earth Pokemon is that?

Youngster Ben likes shorts, because they're comfy and easy to wear. I made him into a Planeswalker for MTG:

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon 19 said:

your Yamask must be hit pretty badly in a single shot but not enough to faint it,

I wonder if you can use a Focus Sash or the move Endure for it.

Or even walk around poisoned until its weak, then use an Antidote?

On 3/18/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fates said:

On 3/18/2021 at 7:56 PM, eal said:

Yeah, I was sorta following this because there was a funny situation where a bunch of idiots who didn’t know anything about Pokémon cards bought Base Set box from the shady dude who sold a box to Logan Paul and found out they were scammed live on stream.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:09 PM, Plattym3 said:
On 3/18/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fates said:

I just started getting all the theme decks for my son since December '19 and have noticed the huge drop in inventory. Even Walmarts are cleaned out, empty display boxes on the Shelves

Yup, my brother, my dad, and I all got wayyyy back into about three years ago. I’ve still got about 25 Celestial Storm boosters unopened in my game room. 

I saw some Vivid Voltage boosters at a local shop and almost bought some but for now I’ll keep slowly opening my DQ TCG packs.

....I’m considering keeping the CS packs sealed forever and ever!

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon 19 said:

Sometimes i really don't get people... 

internet in a nutshell, some well known person decides to do something online that's pretty underrated in general just for a YouTube/Twitch stream, immediately everyone wants to copy and join in along with the excuse that people can scalp the craze for inflated prices for their own benefit. 

That's basically whats happening to pokemon cards now, years before they were not even as popular as Yu Gi Oh cards but now thanks to YouTube or any other stream service everyone are trying to get the cards just to unbox them, not because they love pokemon (they might do) but generally for internet fame and money. 

If you guys have any Pokemon cards keep them, treasure them for years to come. 

Meh, I’m okay with people enjoying the hobby in any form, even online promoting. Scalpers on the other hand, I don’t think anyone is a fan of those guys. 

Also, I’d imagine retail theft of Pokémon cards has gone way up. I remember back in the 90’s a lot of stores had little vouchers you had to grab as they kept the actual cards under lock and key.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon 19 said:

Sometimes i really don't get people... 

internet in a nutshell, some well known person decides to do something online that's pretty underrated in general just for a YouTube/Twitch stream, immediately everyone wants to copy and join in along with the excuse that people can scalp the craze for inflated prices for their own benefit. 

That's basically whats happening to pokemon cards now, years before they were not even as popular as Yu Gi Oh cards but now thanks to YouTube or any other stream service everyone are trying to get the cards just to unbox them, not because they love pokemon (they might do) but generally for internet fame and money. 

If you guys have any Pokemon cards keep them, treasure them for years to come. 

Meh, I’m okay with people enjoying the hobby in any form, even online promoting. Scalpers on the other hand, I don’t think anyone is a fan of those guys. 

Also, I’d imagine retail theft of Pokémon cards has gone way up. I remember back in the 90’s a lot of stores had little vouchers you had to grab as they kept the actual cards under lock and key.

• Like 1

wooooo FOUR Rayquazas in this weekend's event in Go. No shiny. But now I have Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza.

I also got a Rayquaza. I was very happy! A friend - really a rando I added from Reddit during last year’s Go Fest - invited me to a raid and they managed to scrounge up 8 of us, so we basically walked all over it, and I was lucky enough to catch it and add it to my Pokédex.

Here's the reality of Pokémon cards at retail lately. Sad. My kids and I started collecting the pre-built decks in December '19. Had a lot of fun tracking a ton of them down over the spring and summer throughout Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina. Haven't seen any in stores since the fall. Luckily those decks are not collected too much, and any new ones we've gotten just fine on Amazon and Tcgplayer.com, but sucks they're nowhere to go see.

Also, Damnit Pokémon Go Community Day! Our friends that we've not hung out with since February of last year are finally all vaccinated up and ready to see us, but our first free day is that day. They're Go hardcore, so aren't free. d37f39e9bc71c6b0fc16925ef1f57147.jpg

Surprised you're just now getting Rayquaza. They were all over the place for the longest time. Caught two yesterday in passing, but the stats weren't better than what I already had.

My search for a 100% Bidoof continues. I've got many good Bidoofs. Four 96 and a 98%er.  When I get that 100%er, it will be powered up to its maximum Bidoofness.

• Like 1

I somewhat passively attempt the legendary raids since it’s tough to find enough people to run them successfully. If I’m at a convention or there’s an event like last year’s Go Fest happening, it’s not an issue, but for an average weekend in the middle of nowhere you’ll be hard-pressed to find a ton of people playing. Thankfully, those Remote Raid Passes makes it easy to jump into a friend’s raid somewhere else.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

I live in a city and it's hard to find public raids.

In a small town in Ohio, go to a park, and suddenly there's 10+ people there remote or in person.

• Like 1

Saw some talk that scalpers are having trouble reselling their Battle Styles hoarding.

I really hope this is the case and the scalping stops and people just looking for stuff can find it.

On 3/28/2021 at 7:31 PM, Plattym3 said:

Here's the reality of Pokémon cards at retail lately. Sad. My kids and I started collecting the pre-built decks in December '19. Had a lot of fun tracking a ton of them down over the spring and summer throughout Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina. Haven't seen any in stores since the fall. Luckily those decks are not collected too much, and any new ones we've gotten just fine on Amazon and Tcgplayer.com, but sucks they're nowhere to go see.

Also, Damnit Pokémon Go Community Day! Our friends that we've not hung out with since February of last year are finally all vaccinated up and ready to see us, but our first free day is that day. They're Go hardcore, so aren't free. emoji24.pngd37f39e9bc71c6b0fc16925ef1f57147.jpg

Yup. It’s so weird how the hobby has been turned on it’s head over the past 18 months or so.

• 1 month later...

I’ve cleared the story in New Pokemon Snap! Really love all the stuff you can do. Every time you go through a course, you’ll find at least one thing you didn’t before, such as a hidden Pokémon or a Pokémon doing something unusual that you can take a picture of. I believe I’m missing about 40 more Pokémon to photograph on top of all the alternate pictures for each Pokémon. I want to see how much I can do before I move on to something else.

• Like 1

I’ve cleared the story in New Pokemon Snap! Really love all the stuff you can do. Every time you go through a course, you’ll find at least one thing you didn’t before, such as a hidden Pokémon or a Pokémon doing something unusual that you can take a picture of. I believe I’m missing about 40 more Pokémon to photograph on top of all the alternate pictures for each Pokémon. I want to see how much I can do before I move on to something else.
Good to hear. My wife and kid are still super excited by it. Maybe I'll give it a go when they stop hogging it.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if any one is interested but I've been streaming my first Nuzlocke playthrough of  any Pokemon game on my Twitch.

I'm starting Part 6 at the time of this writing.

After each stream I upload the videos to my youtube.

AlefgardHero on all platforms.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pokémon Go Fest 2021 began today. I’ve already got some new Pokémon I’ve been needing and it’s only just started.

• Like 1

Pokémon Go Fest 2021 began today. I’ve already got some new Pokémon I’ve been needing and it’s only just started.
What are they doing special this year? Increased rate of rare?